Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

Euro-Pro Professional Steam Cleaner (EP96) versus EP93

閲覧: 229 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

David

未読、
2002/06/03 15:18:322002/06/03
To:
Hello,

I believe I've now read about everything there is on the Internet
about steam cleaners. :)

I planned on going with an EP93 until I came across something in the
Yahoo Groups for steam cleaners that mentioned the EP96. Can anyone
else verify that the EP96 is just a newer version of the EP93, with
indicator lights for when it is almost empty and to let you know when
it is ready to use?

On the one hand, I figure I might as well go with the newer model.
On the other hand, I'm leary to buy this model if it hasn't been
tried and tested and if I can't read any reviews of it. The HSN
website is the *only* place I can find it and they don't give a lot
of detailed information about it.

I did read the reviews of people who bought it (probably by seeing
it on TV). One person mentioned that it has a way to control the
amount of steam. After reading about so many different products, I
can't remember if the EP93 has this feature? I also read that the
EP96 allows you to turn off the steam through a switch on the handle.

Can the EP93 users out there answer any of these questions? It sure
would be nice if Euro-Pro had a website! I'm surprised they don't
with all the products they sell (vacuums, etc.).

Thanks.

Mamabird

未読、
2002/06/03 15:56:382002/06/03
To:
"David" <who_was_tha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
[...]

> Can the EP93 users out there answer any of these questions?

My EP93 has all of the features you mentioned in your post.
http://store.yahoo.com/sewingmachinestore/eursteamepva.html
--
Mama
~^~^~^~ Visit Mamabird's Nest: <http://iluvbirds.tripod.com/>

Angelatu

未読、
2002/06/03 16:17:482002/06/03
To:
David,

Here is the web site I bought my Euro Pro 93 on. Looking at the 95 I think
it is a smaller model.
I had the steam mouse (same as steam buggy) and the differences I noticed
right off the bat were:
Mouse, 2 cups water, Euro 1 pitcher of water difference about 45 minutes
more steam
Euro - on off switch - very important
Euro - steam pressure knob - can turn the steam up and down - never had it
past 1/2 way for household cleaning.
Mouse - clean kitchen floor, either wipe up after or wait 15 - 20 minutes
for it to dry, Euro -dry before I got to the other side of the kitchen.
Cleaner than I could ever get with detergents.
Euro - much better attachments. I would go through the mouse attachments way
to fast, ended up taking off the attachments and using a scrub pad with it
instead. Euro attachments are still in perfect condition, just throw them in
the dishwasher (talking about little scrub attachments, not big triangle and
floor attachment).
Euro - triangle and floor attachment have grips to hold either wash cloths
or kitchen towels, fits great and stays on.
Euro - much hotter steam.

I can't say enough about the Euro. I would spend the extra money and get the
93 (I think it's only 10$ more)

I've talked about the Euro here before and the only thing it hasn't done is
get the calcium deposit off my shower door (glass) but then oven cleaner,
auto buffing stuff, steel pads and other cleaners specifically for that
haven't either. I do clean my carpet stains, oven, kitchen bathrooms, truck
wheels, husbands engine (he does that), windows, vents and anything else
that needs cleaning.

Here's the web site - it's a good one it compares all the steamers on the
market.
http://www.sewingmachinestore.com/sewingmachinestore/steamcleaners.html

Hope that helps.

Ang

"David" <who_was_tha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

David

未読、
2002/06/03 23:00:302002/06/03
To:
First to Mamabird,

It seemed like the EP93 might not have the lights. But that ad you
gave me certainly shows that it at least has a low water light. Are
you saying it has a "ready to use" light too?

I was almost hoping the EP93 wouldn't have these things so it would
make my decision easier. :) My *guess* is that the EP96 just has a
different color and shape and maybe they made slight changes for any
problems they found with the EP93 design. Of course, it is that very
thing that scares me. If they made slight changes, those changes
could lead to *other* problems.

To Angelatu,

I should have been more clear. This isn't the EP95, it is the EP96.
By reading the other information out there, I had already found out
that the EP95 (despite having a higher model number) isn't as good as
the EP93. The EP96, however, has the same characteristics (240
degrees, 2 liters, etc.), but it is gray in appearance instead of the
red of the EP93 and one version of the EP95. Yep, there seem to be
two EP95s out there. I found a gray one (looks completely different
than the EP96 too) and a red one. The specs are even different!

Here is the red one that HSN sells:

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?pfid=452117&club_id=452117&sz=0&sf=&dept=&cat=

Here is the gray one that the place you and Mamabird pointed me to
(same information, but slightly different paths):

http://store.yahoo.com/sewingmachinestore/eurepvapstea.html

The one very interesting difference between the red and the gray EP95s
is that the red one says it gets up to 240 degrees, but the gray one
only gets up to 212. The red one got aweful reviews for the most part
on HSN.

And now here is the EP96 that HSN has:

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?pfid=490838&club_id=490838&sz=0&sf=&dept=&cat=

To make matters more complex, here are two other models. This first
one is called the "Deluxe Hydra":

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?pfid=556133&club_id=556133&sz=0&sf=&dept=&cat=

I can only guess that it is a newer version of one of the EP95's?

And then there is this one, the "with Iron" model:

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?pfid=483188&club_id=483188&sz=0&sf=&dept=&cat=

My guess on this one is a modified EP93, with a spot for an Iron to
sit on the machine and the iron (but you pay $50 for the iron, since
this costs more than the EP93 at most places).

Originally, I was going to go with a Delonghi Steam-It Clean (model
ST100P). However, after reading online I figured I'd get the
Euro-Pro. The Euro-Pro has a stainless steel tank (versus aluminum in
the Delonghi). I don't remember if there were any other differences.
I'm sure it would be a close call between the two, however, since they
both have the same pressure and temp. ratings, I believe, which are
the most important things for cleaning (which is what we're buying
them for, right?).

I almost purchased the EP93 from:

http://www.vacuumcleanerdiscounter.com/europroep93.html

for $178.95, plus several dollars for shipping and handling, which
brought it in at about $10 less than the link you gave me (and that I
had been to before in my searching).

However, I then found out about the EP96 on HSN. It was $199.95 +
$14.95 shipping. However, with a first time buyer's coupon that I
found on the net, I can get $25 off, which brings it right back to the
same price as the cheapest price for the EP93 that I gave above. :)
HSN doesn't sell the EP93 (unless you count the expensive version with
the Iron, if that is indeed an EP93 modified), so the coupon wouldn't
have saved me money on an EP93.

The reviews were almost all favorable on the HSN website for the EP96,
just like all you people are favorable about the EP93. Given the
stats are the same, I'll just have to hope they didn't introduce any
new bugs with the new version. :)

If anyone else has any more to add to this, please do. I'll probably
wait a day or two before ordering.

I figured I'd put a lot of details into this post to help others out
who go through the same process I did. Trust me, I researched this
high and low. :)

Now....you do mention taking stains out of carpets. Which stains have
you been able to get out and for which ones have you failed? I use
the enzyme cleaners like Nature's Miracle to get dog urine out of
carpets. Depending on the carpet, it will get the stain and the odor
out. However, on some carpets it doesn't get the stain out completely
or it leaves a stain of its own. It is very good about getting odors
out if you use enough of it (sometimes might take a second application
and you do have to give it several days to do its magic).

Has anyone used a steam cleaner to attack dog urine and if so, did it
do anything for the stain and/or odor? I'll certainly be able to test
this when I get one, but I'm just curious to hear about it now.

Another good reason for getting this is to possibly kill mildew
under/in a carpet in one room that got wet after an ultra heavy rain.

Of course, there are the usual reasons, like floors, kitchen stuff,
bathroom stuff, etc. Should be fun.....if it works well. :)

Thanks again to Mamabird and Angelatu.

who_was_tha...@yahoo.com (David) wrote in message news:<bd110bba.02060...@posting.google.com>...

Alex Clayton

未読、
2002/06/04 0:04:102002/06/04
To:
I have to agree, got the 93, every time I use it I wonder why I did not get
one a couple years ago.
--
For E-mail alex...@yahoo.com

"Angelatu" <ange...@connectexpress.com> wrote in message

David

未読、
2002/06/04 2:26:272002/06/04
To:
Quick follow-up. I just happened across yet *another* EP95 out there.
This one is blue:

http://www.abcvacuum.com/prod/euro-pro_(shark)/europro95.htm

Angelatu

未読、
2002/06/04 10:31:402002/06/04
To:
David,

Once I posted my reply, I went back and read your post again! My mistake,
sorry. I did look at the 96 and it appears to have all the same
specifications on it as the 93. Yes mine has a low water indicator and a
ready to use indicator.

The ones, besides the EP96, you listed don't have the triangle attachment.
This is one of the attachments I use the most.

The majority of my work is done with the triangle attachment or the floor
attachment with a wash cloth or kitchen towel attached. If I'm cleaning
small hard to get at areas then I use the spray (but you have to clean up
after). If I have stuff stuck to the grout then I use the scrubber
attachment and wipe it up. But for shower walls, floors etc I use the
attachments with cloths on so I don't have to clean up after.

Stains on Carpets:
I experimented with the dining room. I steamed the carpet by hand with the
triangle attachment (yes it took a long time). I had coffee, food, grass,
dirt stains. Note: I had just cleaned it 6 months earlier with my carpet
cleaner and solution. I took a 4x4 section and steamed it carefully to make
sure I got every stain. Then I took my carpet cleaner with plain water - you
would not believe the black water that came out of there. It also surprised
me how much carpet cleaning solution came out. I went over each section 4 or
5 times until the water ran clear. I did this three months ago and the
carpet is still clean looking and feels clean to the touch. Last weekend my
husband painted the garage floor with this special paint - came walking in
with paint on the bottom of one shoe - took the steamer and no it did not
clean all the paint up but it did clean up 90% of the paint, then I took
toenail clippers to the remaining little bits left over at the very ends of
the carpet fibers.

Dog urine - it does great on this. I had one instance my dog piddled in the
middle of the living room. I cleaned it with Oxyclean and it seemed to get
the odor out, stain out etc. Next week my sister in law brought her dog
over - walked right in and piddled on the same spot. So out came the steam
cleaner - I did clean it again with Oxyclean, let it dry completely then
went back and steamed it. The smell of dog urine was so strong. I used
almost a whole tank just cleaning that one area, but by the time I was done
no smell was left over. The dogs walk right by it now. Disclaimer: Piddle
does not quite fit the dogs, mine is 100lb German Shepard and hers is a
125lb Pyranese(?) German Shepard, flooding might be a better word.

For small new stains I use the triange attachment with a wash cloth. For
major areas I would not use the steamer alone. I would use the steamer to
get out the individual stains and then go over it with the carpet cleaner -
no solution!

I took the steamer to our neighborhood pool, at a work party. The pool sits
vacant for 7 months of the year, we had black mildew on the ceilings in the
office. I took the steamer got on a ladder and started steaming. You could
see the lines where steamed. I let two ladies work with it in the bathroom -
they cleaned shower stalls and toilets. Both came out and stated it was very
frustrating at first but once they got used to it they loved it. We cleaned
the windows by adding a little vinegar to the water, put the triangle
attachment on with a wash cloth and scrubbed them down. Then added the
window attachment and recleaned them, wiped them down and beautiful windows.
We normally use that Windex outdoor window cleaner for both outdoors and
indoors. Counters were covered with grim and mildew - cleaned it right up
the first time no cleaning solutions used.

Anyway, I hope I have given you enough reasons to buy either the 93 or the
96. When you start using it you will be frustrated because it won't get
everything sparkling the first time - but my cleaning has been cut in 1/2
because I use the steamer on a regular basis. Each time I clean I take on
one more major task and really clean it. The next time I go back it's just
maintenance.

Thanks Ang

"David" <who_was_tha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Mamabird

未読、
2002/06/04 11:02:482002/06/04
To:
"David" <who_was_tha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Quick follow-up. I just happened across yet *another* EP95 out there.
> This one is blue:
>
> http://www.abcvacuum.com/prod/euro-pro_(shark)/europro95.htm

This one looks really small. I doubt it holds very much water and has to be
refilled constantly. Note the lack of details in the ad. I wouldn't even
consider getting it (but that's just me).

Mamabird

未読、
2002/06/04 11:21:202002/06/04
To:
"David" <who_was_tha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> First to Mamabird,
>
> It seemed like the EP93 might not have the lights. But that ad you
> gave me certainly shows that it at least has a low water light. Are
> you saying it has a "ready to use" light too?

David,
My Euro Pro EP93 is the red one. As far as I know all EP93s are red and the
EP95s are grey. It (EP93) has a low water light and a 'ready' light when
the water reaches the proper temp. It has a knob on the unit to adjust the
steam pressure. Also an off/on steam switch on the handle which is a feature
I really like.

> Here is the gray one that the place you and Mamabird pointed me to
> (same information, but slightly different paths):
>
> http://store.yahoo.com/sewingmachinestore/eurepvapstea.html
>
> The one very interesting difference between the red and the gray EP95s
> is that the red one says it gets up to 240 degrees, but the gray one
> only gets up to 212. The red one got aweful reviews for the most part
> on HSN.

That's because the red one is a 93 and the grey one is a 95. Other
differences: The 93 comes with a triangular brush that's indispensable, has
a bigger tank, higher psi and steam temp.
As for the bad reviews... don't know what model that machine is, but it's
not an EP93.

> And now here is the EP96 that HSN has:

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?pfid=490838&club_id=490838&sz=0&sf=
&dept=&cat=

The page says this product is sold out. I did a search and couldn't find
this model anywhere.

> [...]

> I almost purchased the EP93 from:
>
> http://www.vacuumcleanerdiscounter.com/europroep93.html
>
> for $178.95, plus several dollars for shipping and handling, which
> brought it in at about $10 less than the link you gave me (and that I
> had been to before in my searching).

IMHO you should get it. I really love mine.

Alex Clayton

未読、
2002/06/04 11:41:312002/06/04
To:
> First to Mamabird,
>
> It seemed like the EP93 might not have the lights. But that ad you
> gave me certainly shows that it at least has a low water light. Are
> you saying it has a "ready to use" light too?

My other half bought me the same one Mamabird has, she got the info
from her on where to order it. It has the ready to use light, and the
low water light. It holds 2 liters of water, so thats a little over
1/2 gallon, I have never used it enough at one time to run it out yet.
It also has the steam control, I have never had to turn it up past
half way for cage cleaning.

David

未読、
2002/06/04 16:09:552002/06/04
To:
Angelatu,

Thanks again for the reply!

So let me ask some questions to make sure I understand correctly.

Why did you use the triangle attachment on the floor instead of the
floor attachment? From a non-user perspective, it seems like the
floor attachment would be larger? Is it because the larger attachment
doesn't give you as much of a concentrated steam blast?

So for general carpet stains, you are saying the procedure is:

1) Steam a section around and containing the stain with the Euro-Pro
2) Go over that section with a carpet cleaning machine, but only use
water and no solution. Keep doing this step until the water runs
clear.

The moral of this seems to be that the steamer takes the place of
cleaning solution. It separates the dirt/whatever from the carpet
fibers and then the carpet cleaning machine with water sucks up the
dirt/whatever that was loosened by the steamer. Is this correct?

Dog urine:

You cleaned once with Oxyclean, but that didn't get the odor out
enough for dog noses. So you cleaned again with Oxyclean and then
steamed it repeatedly, right? However, after the second Oxyclean, the
steaming still allowed you to smell urine, so that shows the Oxyclean
didn't remove the smell. However, repeatedly steaming removed the
smell. I'm assuming you steamed until you coudln't smell urine in the
steam? This makes me think that steaming alone might be as effective
as Oxyclean + Steam. Maybe using the same approach as you do for your
other stains, steaming until the smell is gone and then going over it
with the carpet cleaner with water?

Out of curiosity, have you ever known Oxyclean to discolor carpet?
This is one of the reasons I thought the steamer would be nice,
because Nature's Miracle sometimes does this, depending on the carpet.
I have Oxyclean somewhere, but haven't used it much. I tried it once
on some really bad burner drip pans and it didn't seem to work that
well. I'm sure, like most things, it depends on what you use it for.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I've got a 6 pound chihuahua.
He makes up for it in having to empty his bladder more often though.
:) I'll have plenty of opportunities to try different methods and
will report back with my findings.

I imagine you are saying not to use the steamer for large areas due to
the time it would take. I have a medium sized room (maybe 12x20).
This is the room that had water leak in from a rain and has a little
mildew smell. I run an air purifier in it to trap the spores and
remove the smell. However, I want to get to the source of the
problem. For this one case, I'll probably steam large portions of the
room (or the whole thing) to kill the mildew and then, like you said,
go over it with a carpet cleaner machine.

From what I've read on the net, one of the nice benefits of using a
steamer (as you loosely eluded to) is that chemical cleaners leave
residues and those residues attract dirt. By using steam and water,
you don't have that problem and you don't have to clean as often or
repeat as much when cleaning.

Out of curiosity, which carpet cleaner do you own? I co-own a cheap
one, but planned on renting a Rug Doctor.

Thanks again for your response. I'm just waiting for HSN to respond
to some questions I asked them about the differences between the EP96
and the EP93 and then I'm going to order it. :)

"Angelatu" <ange...@connectexpress.com> wrote in message news:<adiis...@enews1.newsguy.com>...

David

未読、
2002/06/05 0:46:352002/06/05
To:
"Mamabird" <iluv...@earthlink.nest> wrote in message news:<sE4L8.1292$9H4....@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

> "David" <who_was_tha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Quick follow-up. I just happened across yet *another* EP95 out there.
> > This one is blue:
> >
> > http://www.abcvacuum.com/prod/euro-pro_(shark)/europro95.htm
>
> This one looks really small. I doubt it holds very much water and has to be
> refilled constantly. Note the lack of details in the ad. I wouldn't even
> consider getting it (but that's just me).
I wouldn't consider getting it either (unless cost was a huge factor),
but I wanted to add it to the list of different colored EP95s out
there so others doing research wouldn't have to go through what I
have.

To recap, there are 3 EP95s. There is a red one, a gray one, and a
blue one. All EP93s I've found have been red. The EP96 (newer
version of EP93, with all the same outward features apparently) is
silver/gray.

And then there are other models yet. A Hydra and one that looks to be
an EP93 with a spot for an iron.

David

未読、
2002/06/05 1:00:592002/06/05
To:
"Mamabird" <iluv...@earthlink.nest> wrote in message news:<QV4L8.1338$9H4...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

> "David" <who_was_tha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > First to Mamabird,
> >
> > It seemed like the EP93 might not have the lights. But that ad you
> > gave me certainly shows that it at least has a low water light. Are
> > you saying it has a "ready to use" light too?
>
> David,
> My Euro Pro EP93 is the red one. As far as I know all EP93s are red and the
> EP95s are grey. It (EP93) has a low water light and a 'ready' light when
> the water reaches the proper temp. It has a knob on the unit to adjust the
> steam pressure. Also an off/on steam switch on the handle which is a feature
> I really like.
Well, I guess all outward appearances (besides the color and shape)
and statistics are the same then between the EP93 and the EP96. I'll
get the EP96 and we can see if there are any differences noted in the
manuals. My guess is that they will clean identically.

> > Here is the gray one that the place you and Mamabird pointed me to
> > (same information, but slightly different paths):
> >
> > http://store.yahoo.com/sewingmachinestore/eurepvapstea.html
> >
> > The one very interesting difference between the red and the gray EP95s
> > is that the red one says it gets up to 240 degrees, but the gray one
> > only gets up to 212. The red one got aweful reviews for the most part
> > on HSN.
>
> That's because the red one is a 93 and the grey one is a 95. Other
> differences: The 93 comes with a triangular brush that's indispensable, has
> a bigger tank, higher psi and steam temp.
> As for the bad reviews... don't know what model that machine is, but it's
> not an EP93.

Again, there are *3* EP95s out there. There is a red one (nearly the
same color as the EP93, from what I can tell, but the shape of the
unit is different), a gray one, and a blue one. The red one I'm
talking about above (when I say, "red and gray EP95s") is the red
EP95, not red EP93.

This odd, red EP95 *says* that it gets up to 240 degrees (same as
EP93), but it does have the smaller tank. It doesn't list a pressure
rating, but I would guess it to be the same as the EP93 if the
temperature is the same.

The bad reviews were off the link I gave:

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?pfid=452117&club_id=452117&sz=0&sf=&dept=&cat=

This shows the picture, shows the temperature rating, shows the model
number, and if you click on the review link, you will see the reviews.

I just find it very odd that a company would build 3 different units
and give them the same model number. Very confusing to customers. I
suspect they came up with the cheap red one (EP95 - Red), because
people were used to referring prospective buyers to the "little red
steamer". I wonder how many people got the wrong one?

> > And now here is the EP96 that HSN has:
> >

> http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?pfid=490838&club_id=490838&sz=0&sf=
> &dept=&cat=
>
> The page says this product is sold out. I did a search and couldn't find
> this model anywhere.

I was just there earlier today and it was there. I even went half-way
through the order process yesterday to make sure the coupon I had
would work. I'm going to be very angry if it doesn't make a comeback
*soon*!

I did write them an e-mail asking them to explain the differences
between the EP93 and the EP96. I hope that didn't cause them to
remove the product? Maybe they did it to add information to the ad
since it was lacking so much. That's my best guess right now.

Since this is newer than the EP93, I'm sure it will pop up again
somewhere. I just hope it does in the next week. :(

And yes, I couldn't find this model anywhere except HSN either. Does
your manual for your EP93 list a number to call for Euro-Pro? Maybe I
can call them?

> > [...]
> > I almost purchased the EP93 from:
> >
> > http://www.vacuumcleanerdiscounter.com/europroep93.html
> >
> > for $178.95, plus several dollars for shipping and handling, which
> > brought it in at about $10 less than the link you gave me (and that I
> > had been to before in my searching).
>
> IMHO you should get it. I really love mine.

I'll go with the EP96 when it comes back on HSN, unless that doesn't
happen in the next week or so. What are the chances the damn thing
would disappear *right* when I wanted it? Ugh!

David

未読、
2002/06/05 2:45:202002/06/05
To:
My two replies haven't appeared yet and since I use Google to post,
I'll just post this onto the original message.

I was so "disappointed" (nice way of saying it) that the EP96 was no
longer on HSN, that I *really* searched the net, pulled out all the
stops, and finally found a page that lists most of the models
available. I should have known this place would have such a list,
because it was also the only place that listed most of the Euro-Pro
portable vacuum cleaners, another purchase I'll probably be making
soon.

Here's the link:

http://www.acesewvac.com/irons.htm#europro

You'll see that they have the EP95 (standard, gray), and the EP95B (B
stands for Blue and there was actually a B in the name on one other
link I found (http://vacuum-discounter.com/eurepsharste.html), but not
the one I posted, so I guess I'll let this one slide....still confused
on the red EP95 though). It doesn't have the red EP95 like HSN does.
However, it does have the Hyrda, which is actually model EP931-11.
The difference between the Hydra on here and the Hydra on HSN is that
the HSN Hydra is black and this one is dark blue. They also have the
"with Iron" model that HSN has. That's the EP965. They sell it for a
lot more than HSN. Of course, they sell the EP95B (Blue) for a ton
too!

Last, but not least, they have my beloved EP96, which is really
"EP961". I alwasy referred to it as EP96, because someone else in a
post on another bulletin board called it that. Of course, it is
possible that HSN's is an EP96 and this one is somehow different and
the EP961, but they look the same.

After all this, the final conclusions/assumptions have been made:

For cleaning power, we're looking for 240 degrees. The following
models appear to have this:

EP93 (the one most people have bought in the past)
EP931-11 (the Hydra)
EP961 (the "Professional" that *used* to be on HSN and was bought and
loved by many people there)
EP965 (the "with Iron" red one)

All of these also have the 2 liter tank.

The differences are in the color and shapes (not a big deal), the iron
in the EP965, and then the brush assortment that comes with each.

Differences in brushes (they each come with more than what I'm
listing):

The EP931-11 comes with 1 small brush, the EP961 and EP965 come with
two small brushes, and the EP93 comes with 3 small brushes and the
triangle brush. This finally gives me a reason to go with the EP93,
since so many people seem to like the triangle brush.

Of course, to throw even more variables into the mix, HSN has a
"Euro-Pro 5 Piece Accessory Tool Kit" that says it is for the EP97
(upright steamer, not cannister like the machines we've been
discussing). It has an extension tube, small nylon detail brush,
small brass detail brush, triangle brush and angle adapter. This goes
for $21.60 + $4.95 shipping and handling. Not a huge price
difference, but might as well get these things with the machine and
there is no guarantee that the EP97's parts will fit on an EP961. I'd
be pretty disappointed in the company if they weren't the same form
factor though.

One interesting thing to note about the Accessory Tool Kit is that one
of the small detail brushes is brass. The EP93 comes with 3 small
detail brushes. Are these all nylon, or is one brass??

Thanks again for all the people who helped add to this body of
research. I hope someone else benefits from this.

I'll be ordering my EP93 from the following place tomorrow for $178.95
+ S/H:

http://vacuum-discounter.com/europroep93.html

Incidentally, if anyone needs a replacement nylon brush, you can get
it from this place for $8.95 + S/H.

If anyone gets the Accessory Tool Kit from HSN and finds that it works
for the non-upright steamers, please let us know.

Angelatu

未読、
2002/06/05 10:00:022002/06/05
To:
Wow! Great detective work! It pays to be patient.

My steam mouse had a brass attachment and I used it to clean my oven and
bbq. When I gave the mouse to my mother in law I forgot to give her this
attachment. My EP93 did not come with a brass attachment - so I tape it on
the end of the EP93 and use it, not often but I do use it.

Hope you enjoy your steamer as much as we do.

Thanks Ang

"David" <who_was_tha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

David

未読、
2002/06/05 13:57:292002/06/05
To:
Well, this stuff was very difficult to track down because the model
number I was looking for was actually the EP961, not EP96. Of course,
even searching on the real model number still only reveals this one
source. This product must be a lot more common in Europe and they
must not have a website for the products over there or the model
numbers are different. Very odd that a company would make a product
and not market it more.

I looked into the Steam Mouse. Very impressive that it heats to 240
degrees. How did it clean compared to your EP93?

I'm looking forward to doing some steaming when the red helper comes
home. I have products (chemicals) that will remove soap scum, dog
urine, mildew (from showers, but would bleach mildewed carpet), and
oven gunk. Most of these only cost a few dollars for a container.
The dog urine remover (Nature's Miracle) is $20/gallon and doesn't
last long, because I use it liberally. If this will work as well as
that on dog stains, then it will pay for itself in under a year just
in dollar savings alone. It certainly won't be easier on urine stains
than dumping Nature's Miracle on the spot, and it probably won't be
easier than spraying the scum remover in the tub/shower. It probably
won't even be easier than using oven gung remover. But it will
certainly make those tasks less messy and less hard on the
eyes/throat/lungs/etc.

Now cleaning a bed, curtains, carpets, etc. to both remove odors and
kill mildew and dust mites is something I can't easily do currently.
Too bad there isn't a way to see how many dust mites this thing will
kill. I don't like washing clothes in hot water (one of the other
ways to kill mites), so this will help with that too.

I'll report back with my adventures after having used it a bit.

"Angelatu" <ange...@connectexpress.com> wrote in message news:<adl5b...@enews2.newsguy.com>...

新着メール 0 件