Ummm....do birds masterbate?

Brandy Baker

Apr 19, 1994, 12:45:19 AM4/19/94
I know this is a wierd question...but do birds masterbate?

If not I think there is something wierd going on with my LoveBird!

Brandy

don schiller

Apr 19, 1994, 12:10:21 PM4/19/94
In article <1994Apr19.0...@math.enmu.edu> bakerb@almond (Brandy Baker) writes:
>From: bakerb@almond (Brandy Baker)
>Subject: Ummm....do birds masterbate?
>Date: Tue, 19 Apr 1994 04:45:19 GMT

>I know this is a wierd question...but do birds masterbate?

>If not I think there is something wierd going on with my LoveBird!

>Brandy

With my 'tiel I call it "swishing tail". He seems to enjoy it. Bet he would
be happier if I found him a girl friend. I just get concerned over 2 boys/1
girl.

Don

Dana of Sally & Dana

Apr 19, 1994, 3:24:00 PM4/19/94
In article <1994Apr19.0...@math.enmu.edu>,
bakerb@almond (Brandy Baker) writes:

>I know this is a wierd question...but do birds masterbate?
>
>If not I think there is something wierd going on with my LoveBird!

Hi Brandy,
Yes they do, but I think this is something some owners find unease with.
Sally and I used to hold a small plastic latice ball with a bell in it
for our budgie, Bogie. He would cover our hand with both his wings and
do the deed. We felt priviledged that he would share this intimacy
with us. It is a bit of nature.
I wouldn't worry about it. Just make the little guy comfortable and
let nature take its course.
Dana

Kevin Chu

Apr 20, 1994, 3:18:52 AM4/20/94
In article <1994Apr19.0...@math.enmu.edu> bakerb@almond (Brandy Baker) writes:

>I know this is a wierd question...but do birds masterbate?
>
>If not I think there is something wierd going on with my LoveBird!

Not a weird question, a common one. I've seen budgies masturbate, on
perches, toys, hands (this can be embarrassing).... My ten-year-old
grey doesn't, our 8-month-old severe doesn't, but every budgie I've
seen does it. I think 'tiels do it too.
--
Kevin Chu, an OS/2 user.
kev...@wimsey.bc.ca

Robert Wiegand

Apr 20, 1994, 10:03:42 AM4/20/94

>Brandy

Yes they do.

By the way - you need to do something about your e-mail address
in your post. I couldn't reply to you by e-mail.

Robert Wiegand - Motorola Inc.
wie...@cig.mot.com
Disclaimer: I didn't do it.

Dan Day

Apr 20, 1994, 11:36:38 AM4/20/94
In article <1994041919...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU> ecz...@mvs.oac.ucla.edu writes:
>Yes they do, but I think this is something some owners find unease with.
>Sally and I used to hold a small plastic latice ball with a bell in it
>for our budgie, Bogie. He would cover our hand with both his wings and
>do the deed. We felt priviledged that he would share this intimacy
>with us. It is a bit of nature.

*blush*. This reminds me of the time we took our vet's advice on
how to "cure" a cat of ours that kept going into heat non-stop.
So there we were; me, my wife, a Q-tip, and a frustrated girl kitty doing
something that's probably a felony in Texas. We felt pretty silly, but
after making some of the most amazing noises, the cat was *really* grateful.

CSS Sue

Apr 20, 1994, 11:51:01 PM4/20/94
writes:

"I know this is a wierd question...but do birds masterbate?"

Well, yes. Usually they will get attached to a toy, like a bell, and
regurgitate and rub their vents on it. Sometimes they will get a crush on
their owner's fingernail, which is really kind of odd.

--- Sue

cfu...@delphi.com

Apr 21, 1994, 11:56:54 PM4/21/94
I had a teil that loved to get off on your foot. My nape does it with a
bell or round ball during march and april. Makes aquite a spectacle.
My 2 young boys are wondering what's wrong with the bird.

jpo...@utdallas.edu

Apr 24, 1994, 6:31:44 AM4/24/94
cfu...@delphi.com wrote:
> I had a teil that loved to get off on your foot.

on *my* foot? nuh uh uh... not on *my* foot

> My nape does it with a
> bell or round ball during march and april. Makes aquite a spectacle.
> My 2 young boys are wondering what's wrong with the bird.

if you call people attracted to animals, beastiality, then...
animals attracted to people is.............personality

sorry, couldn't resist
--
jim pocta * * * we don't have to show life as it is, or even as
jpo...@utdallas.edu * * it ought to be, but as we see it in our dreams.

Marilyn Wisher

Apr 25, 1994, 2:37:54 PM4/25/94
bakerb@almond (Brandy Baker) writes:

>Brandy

Sorry for the late posting, I just received all my missing messages,
dating from 4/14!

My lovebird, Puffin, tries to "do the wild thing" with any number of
inanimate objects.

Marilyn Wisher
---<--<@

mw...@sj.unisys.com

Zoey Sunshine

Oct 4, 2021, 1:03:31 PM10/4/21
Wow, I feel better knowing I am not crazy on this topic! LOL One of our two lovebirds keeps rubbing her bottom-side on the fuzzy rope all the time, like obsessively I thought maybe something was wrong with her, or that she could possibly be masterbating but thought that was an absurd thought, but after a year finally decided to look it up hahahahah okay so I'm not crazy and nature is hilarious... she has no decency she does it in front of everyone. Well I guess now we know they are both girls since she is doing this so much and we don't have any babies yet ha!
Okaaaaay gonna just look the other way since there is no way to stop her from doing it now that it is a major habit of hers.