Aspartame in hummingbird feeders?

Lucifer Sam

Apr 29, 2008, 8:07:07 PM4/29/08
Will using a solution of aspartame in a hummingbird feeder instead of
sugar prevent mould and fermentation? Will the hummingbirds notice the
difference?

Lucifer Sam

Apr 29, 2008, 8:08:33 PM4/29/08
Message has been deleted

Lucifer Sam

Apr 29, 2008, 8:51:52 PM4/29/08

3Putt from CoastalSouth Carolina

Apr 29, 2008, 9:06:32 PM4/29/08
There's something wrong here. It's sugar water. Not aspertame. Sugar
water. 4:1 Do some research.

"Lucifer Sam" <inv...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

Rick

Apr 29, 2008, 9:13:29 PM4/29/08
They will not get any nutrition from it so it would very definitely be
detrimental. Preventing mold and fermentation seems to me to be the
least of the problem with using a sugar substitute.

--

Rick
Fargo, ND

Remember the USS Liberty
http://www.ussliberty.org/

Jerry Avins

Apr 29, 2008, 11:23:10 PM4/29/08

I hope they do. If they don't, they will starve. Why not try sawdust in
your seed feeder?

Jerry

jadel

Apr 30, 2008, 8:38:29 AM4/30/08

I think you should try cyclamates or Splenda.

BTW, they're good for trolls, too.

J. Del Col

jadel

Apr 30, 2008, 10:17:56 AM4/30/08
I thought everyone knew that hummingbirds prefer Jello, that and
Waldorf salad.

J. Del Col

Nanzi

Apr 30, 2008, 10:34:23 AM4/30/08
On Apr 29, 8:51 pm, Lucifer Sam <inva...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

Good Grief Man, that crap is killing people, why would you give it to
birds you're supposedly fond of???
Nan in DE

jadel

Apr 30, 2008, 10:47:21 AM4/30/08

He's a troll, don't get excited.

J. Del Col

bthache

Apr 30, 2008, 12:34:01 PM4/30/08
What crap is killing people? Artificial sweeteners?? Hmmmm .... I've been
using them faithfully for over 25 years and I'm not dead yet, as far as I
know. ;)
--
Tammie in Ontario
North of Lake Superior

"Nanzi" <nan...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Dave Bugg

Apr 30, 2008, 1:24:12 PM4/30/08

Aside from the fact that aspatame hasn't killed anyone, you do realize
you're responding to a troll, right?

--
Dave www.davebbq.com

me

Apr 30, 2008, 1:27:55 PM4/30/08

I needed a good laugh this morning. I woke up with sinus problems
(further signs of being 49?) and had a horrible night. I sure needed
that this morning.
Aspartame in feeders is even funnier than all the plastic fruit
feeders that look great but that is it. You can't wash them and the
hummers don't like them. But it does give ideas to people for gifts
when all else fails. My Mom was so cheap that she tried to get the
hummers to drink marichine juice after she had eaten the cherries. I
think they actually laughed at her.
Isn't aspartame more expensive than sugar?
Has anyone seen a fat hummer? Mine spend to much time being pissy
with each other to get fat.
Does anyone have advise for me on what kind of water fountain would
be good for hummers. I went looking yesterday and thought the
cascading ones might be best. I wish I could find one that puts out
water like a rain bird but no luck.

jadel

Apr 30, 2008, 2:19:29 PM4/30/08
On Apr 30, 1:27 pm, me <grammynih...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Apr 29, 5:51 pm, Lucifer Sam <inva...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Will using a solution of aspartame in a hummingbird feeder instead of
> > sugar prevent mould and fermentation? Will thehummingbirdsnotice the
> > difference?
>
>   I needed a good laugh this morning.  I woke up with sinus problems
> (further signs of being 49?) and had a horrible night.  I sure needed
> that this morning.
>   Aspartame in feeders is even funnier than all the plastic fruit
> feeders that look great but that is it.  You can't wash them and the
> hummers don't like them.  But it does give ideas to people for gifts
> when all else fails.  My Mom was so cheap that she tried to get the
> hummers to drink marichine juice after she had eaten the cherries.  I
> think they actually laughed at her.
>   Isn't aspartame more expensive than sugar?
>   Has anyone seen a fat hummer?

Yes. Before they migrate in the fall they put on so much fat they
look absolutely rotund.

J. Del Col

jadel

Apr 30, 2008, 2:23:33 PM4/30/08
On Apr 30, 12:34 pm, "bthache" <btha...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> What crap is killing people?  Artificial sweeteners??  Hmmmm .... I've been
> using them faithfully for over 25 years and I'm not dead yet, as far as I
> know.  ;)

Ummmm... you mean we have to be the ones to break the news?

J. Del Col

bthache

Apr 30, 2008, 3:05:31 PM4/30/08
You can try but I won't necessarily believe you. ;)

--
Tammie in Ontario
North of Lake Superior
Cat Forum: http://laurieb971.ipbfree.com/index.php?act=idx
Bird Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/thache

"jadel" <delc...@ab.edu> wrote in message

Steve

Apr 30, 2008, 3:25:40 PM4/30/08
That's the trouble, Tammie, When you are dead, you probably won't
notice.

Anyway, it is because they taste sweet but have almost no nutritional
value that they are beneficial to human dieters. If you could
exercise like a hummer, weight control wouldn't be a problem.

Steve
Trouble maker, par excellence

On Apr 30, 12:34 pm, "bthache" <btha...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> What crap is killing people?  Artificial sweeteners??  Hmmmm .... I've been
> using them faithfully for over 25 years and I'm not dead yet, as far as I
> know.  ;)
> --
> Tammie in Ontario
> North of Lake Superior
> Cat Forum:  http://laurieb971.ipbfree.com/index.php?act=idx
> Bird Photos:  http://community.webshots.com/user/thache

jadel

Apr 30, 2008, 5:57:06 PM4/30/08
On Apr 30, 3:25 pm, Steve <ba...@umich.edu> wrote:
> That's the trouble, Tammie,  When you are dead, you probably won't
> notice.
>
> Anyway, it is because they taste sweet but have almost no nutritional
> value that they are beneficial to human dieters.  If you could
> exercise like a hummer, weight control wouldn't be a problem.

Errr.....maybe she's a diabetic.

J. Del Col

bthache

Apr 30, 2008, 6:13:33 PM4/30/08
Getting warmer ... ;)

--
Tammie in Ontario
North of Lake Superior
Cat Forum: http://laurieb971.ipbfree.com/index.php?act=idx
Bird Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/thache

"jadel" <delc...@ab.edu> wrote in message

Lucifer Sam

Apr 30, 2008, 8:02:18 PM4/30/08
On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 05:38:29 -0700 (PDT), jadel <delc...@ab.edu>
wrote:

Yeah, sorry guys. I was just trolling ya.

I'd had a fair bit to drink last night and I had one of those 'seemed
funny at the time' situations. I'm full of fail.

Dave Bugg

Apr 30, 2008, 8:08:08 PM4/30/08

Full of fail, or full of Ale?

bthache

Apr 30, 2008, 8:28:14 PM4/30/08
Full of SOMEthing. **smirk**

--
Tammie in Ontario
North of Lake Superior
Cat Forum: http://laurieb971.ipbfree.com/index.php?act=idx
Bird Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/thache

"Dave Bugg" <dave...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

SteveB

Apr 30, 2008, 10:21:38 PM4/30/08
So, did anyone else killfile this idiotic troll?

Steve

Lucifer Sam

Apr 30, 2008, 8:47:20 PM4/30/08
On Thu, 01 May 2008 00:08:08 GMT, "Dave Bugg" <dave...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Lucifer Sam wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 05:38:29 -0700 (PDT), jadel <delc...@ab.edu>
>> wrote:

>>> I think you should try cyclamates or Splenda.
>>>
>>> BTW, they're good for trolls, too.
>>>
>>> J. Del Col
>>
>> Yeah, sorry guys. I was just trolling ya.
>>
>> I'd had a fair bit to drink last night and I had one of those 'seemed
>> funny at the time' situations. I'm full of fail.
>
>Full of fail, or full of Ale?

Rum. Amongst other things. :)

Patty Peeples

May 14, 2008, 6:13:24 PM5/14/08
:)

--
come and visit www.twoacrewood.net

"jadel" <delc...@ab.edu> wrote in message

david...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2020, 9:28:01 AM3/27/20
Le mercredi 30 avril 2008 02:07:07 UTC+2, Lucifer Sam a écrit :
> Will using a solution of aspartame in a hummingbird feeder instead of
> sugar prevent mould and fermentation? Will the hummingbirds notice the
> difference?

good lord don't poison the hummingbirds. At sunny temperatures the phenol n aspartame is released and on a hot summer day you will poison the little things. Aspartame is not good for you and tastes terrible why would you foist it on tiny birds?