LOVEBIRDS TALK?

Shaun.

May 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/6/97

HI I was wondering if anyone knows if lovebirds can be trained to talk.Also
do two diferent species of lovebirds male & female get along.If you have
the answer to these questions reply direct. THANKS

Park Kwang-Kon

May 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/6/97

Lovebirds can't talk.

Two different species of lovebirds male & female can get along. But they
can also hybridize. I wanna recommend not to lieve them together.

Amy Young-Leith

May 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/6/97

In article <01bc59bb$d12bdb40$92ac...@netlink.netlink.com.au>,

Shaun. <gan...@netlink.com.au> wrote:
>HI I was wondering if anyone knows if lovebirds can be trained to talk.

Theoretically they could be taught, and I've heard of some who can, but
they are not known for it and nor do the results I've read about even
begin to approach the talking abilities of large but still "small" parrots
such as blue crown conures.

> Also
>do two diferent species of lovebirds male & female get along.

What two species, in particular?

amy
--
amy young-leith http://ezinfo.ucs.indiana.edu/~alyoung
aly...@pobox.com *Speaking only for myself*

Simón A. Ruiz

May 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/6/97

Sure they can, possible, but very, very difficult, some may not talk at
all!

Shaun. <gan...@netlink.com.au> wrote in article
<01bc59bb$d12bdb40$92ac...@netlink.netlink.com.au>...

> HI I was wondering if anyone knows if lovebirds can be trained to

bchase

May 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/6/97

Shaun. wrote:

> HI I was wondering if anyone knows if lovebirds can be trained to talk.Also
> do two diferent species of lovebirds male & female get along.If you have
> the answer to these questions reply direct. THANKS
I have had a couple that could talk but it was like a low wisper. You
can cross breed most Lovebirds except I have been told that you can't
breed the birds that have the ring around their eye with the regular
type Love bird. If you find out differently let me
know. Brian Chase

CARLA531

May 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/6/97

In article <336E92...@chollian.net>, Park Kwang-Kon
<bre...@chollian.net> writes:

>Lovebirds can't talk.

Where did you ever get the idea that Lovebirds can't talk! All birds have
the ability to talk even wildbirds! I have had over 50 talking Lovebirds!
they don't talk real plain but the do talk! I am a Breeder
and I know what I am talking about! I have a pet Fischer Lovebird in my
livingroom that has a vocabulary of about 20 words and it is only 6 months
old. I also have breeders that talk all the time!
So do some research before you make a false statment like this!
Carla Wallace {Vet. Assistant}
C.R. Birds Ect...
Boomer, NC
http://members.aol.com/Carla531/index.html
Breeder of Parrots & Finches.
Dealer-Purrfect Pets Products & Pretty Bird, Chromalux Full Spectrum Light
Bulbs, Medications & Suppliments, Bird Toys.
Carl...@aol.com
C.R. Birds Ect...
Boomer, NC

Amy Young-Leith

May 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/7/97

In article <19970506220...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

CARLA531 <carl...@aol.com> wrote:
>Where did you ever get the idea that Lovebirds can't talk! All birds have
>the ability to talk even wildbirds!

And all people have the ability to be rocket scientists. That does not
mean that many *are*.

Yes, lovebirds *can* learn to talk. But if someone has "talker" listed on
their list of desired bird traits, I would not advise them to get a
lovebird (or a bird at all really unless there are many more IMPORTANT
traits on that list as well). Not many lovebirds learn to talk, and even
fewer learn to talk with clarity and with a vocabulary larger than a few
words. It's great that you've had such good luck, but your experience is
not duplicated in a larger sample.

W.R. Helton

May 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/8/97

My friends lovebird has no problem talking.
( It depends on the bird & person ) :)

Park Kwang-Kon

May 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/9/97

I've written that lovebirds can't talk. Yes, I had the wrong idea. I
admit. I'm sorry. But I really knew that lovebirds can't talk.

It was just mistake. I hope you understand.

WhoME11111

May 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/9/97

I have a peachfaced lovebird that talks granted it is not as clear as
other birds I own but they can talk

David Poole

May 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/10/97

On 6 May 1997 01:24:11 GMT, "Shaun." <gan...@netlink.com.au> wrote:

>HI I was wondering if anyone knows if lovebirds can be trained to talk.Also
>do two diferent species of lovebirds male & female get along.If you have
>the answer to these questions reply direct. THANKS

I had a male 'blue' peach-faced Lovebird - imaginatively called 'Blue'
who would frequently say "Hi Blue" and "Hello Bluey Boyeee" in a very
small voice, but these words were uttered with varying clarity.
Generally, Lovebirds are not good talkers - certainly nowhere near as
accomplished as many other small parrot-like birds and you'll need a
lot of patience to get more than the odd few words out of them.

You can keep most similar sized L/birds of differing sexes together
ie. Black Masked & Fischers, but I fail to see the point unless you
intend to create hybrids which would be nowhere near as attractive nor
valuable as their 'pure' parents.

Dave Poole
--
dave_...@ilsham.demon.co.uk
http://www.ilsham.demon.co.uk

lee6...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2020, 6:56:21 PM8/2/20
My peach faced spoke she said peek a boo and laughed
Unfortunately she passed away at weekend from an unknown illness..devastated is an underestimation