PETA wants America's children

David Martosko

Aug 20, 2004, 12:52:16 PM8/20/04
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/downloads/reference/docs/040817_petakids.pdf

ALERT !!

A new report from the Center for Consumer Freedom exposes how People
for the Ethical Treatement of Animals (PETA) is targeting American
children with its destructive messages.

PETA prides itself on attention-grabbing publicity stunts, but handing
out graphic and violent propaganda materials to kids as young as six
years old is extremely inappropriate. In some cases, PETA camps out in
front of schools, intercepting small children as they walk to and from
classes.

One example of PETA's grotesque activism is a comic titled "Your Mommy
Kills Animals" (see below for a link). The cover of another PETA
brochure, called "Question Authority," shows a hand holding a bloody
knife (link also below). PETA activists also distribute stencils for
spray-paint vandalism, stickers with obscene messages, and buckets of
fake "blood" meant to scare kids away from eating meat.

Shock tactics like these can scar children for life, and few parents
realize their young ones are being targeted. Some of it is even done
inside the schools, through the help of misguided teachers.

I hope you'll read this groundbreaking report and pass it along to
every parent and teacher you know.

Printed copies are available, free of charge, to teachers, principals,
and school administrators. Just send an e-mail to
rese...@consumerfreedom.com with your name, address, and the number
of copies you'd like. Copies of our recent full-page ad (running in
Newsweek and U.S. News) are also available for free. They're
full-color reproductions, suitable for hanging in teacher's lounges.

Sincerely,

David Martosko
Director of Research
Center for Consumer Freedom
www.ConsumerFreedom.com

LINK to the new report:
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/downloads/reference/docs/040817_petakids.pdf

LINK to PETA's "Your Mommy Kills Animals" comic and bloody "Question
Authority" handout: http://www.consumerfreedom.com/images/email/email_040818.gif

LINK to our full-page ad running in Newsweek and U.S. News:
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/advertisements_detail.cfm/ad/28