Amazon is running out of people to hire

Technobarbarian

Jun 18, 2022, 10:30:14 AM6/18/22

This *must* be President Potato Head's fault too.

"Leaked Amazon memo warns the company is running out of people to hire
Unions might not be the tech giant’s biggest labor threat."

https://www.vox.com/recode/23170900/leaked-amazon-memo-warehouses-hiring-shortage

TB

bfh

Jun 18, 2022, 12:42:01 PM6/18/22
Technobarbarian wrote:

>     This *must* be President Potato Head's fault too.
>
> "Leaked Amazon memo warns the company is running out of people to hire
> Unions might not be the tech giant’s biggest labor threat."
>
> https://www.vox.com/recode/23170900/leaked-amazon-memo-warehouses-hiring-shortage

damn. At the end of the day going forward, that's literally a
potential double whammy for people who order their sriracha from
Amazon. Things keep being taken off the table and I hope that, in the
passage of time, it's transitory.

However comma I allege that don't think it's Brandon's fault. My
calculus suggests that Trump collusion with Russia is involved.

--
bill

Frank Howell

Jun 18, 2022, 3:22:44 PM6/18/22
Ya but does graduating high schoolers have any impact on the labor
market? They all going to work at fast food and other entry level jobs
other then Amazon?

--
Frank Howell

George.Anthony

Jun 18, 2022, 3:29:39 PM6/18/22
Far too many kids are coming out of high school without any basic life
skills. "Flipping burgers" is about they are qualified for. They don't
even need to figure out how to make change. The cash registers do all
the thinking for them. These leftist indoctrination camps are set up
that way. The less "three Rs" education they get the better for the
left. It creates more government dependency which creates more democrat
voters.

Technobarbarian

Jun 18, 2022, 4:31:15 PM6/18/22
Of course the President and his son are "involved". They're
probably making billions off this one scam alone.

I allege that your euphemism is just as childish as saying you have
to go potty. I blame Obama for ending "Respect the office" that we used
to hear so much from Republicans. It suddenly disappeared when he was
elected.

TB

Technobarbarian

Jun 18, 2022, 4:36:36 PM6/18/22
One of the problems appears to be that we simply don't have enough
younger people. Part of the problem is that it's expensive to supply the
market with enough of them. Maybe companies like Amazon should subsidize
raising kids in return for the promise of a certain amount of labor?

TB

George.Anthony

Jun 18, 2022, 4:45:02 PM6/18/22
If you people would quit aborting them we may not have a shortage.

kmiller

Jun 18, 2022, 9:14:38 PM6/18/22
On 6/18/2022 9:41 AM, bfh wrote:
What!? Trump colluded with Russia? Is that before or after his attempt
to steal the presidency? HawHawHaw!

kmiller

Jun 18, 2022, 9:16:07 PM6/18/22
Maybe Amazon could buy the blastocysts from women in anti-abortion states?

kmiller

Jun 18, 2022, 9:17:40 PM6/18/22
Obama was the epitome of respect the office. Trump was the epitome of
shit on the office.

bfh

Jun 18, 2022, 10:05:52 PM6/18/22
kmiller wrote:
> On 6/18/2022 9:41 AM, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>>
>>>      This *must* be President Potato Head's fault too.
>>>
>>> "Leaked Amazon memo warns the company is running out of people to hire
>>> Unions might not be the tech giant’s biggest labor threat."
>>>
>>> https://www.vox.com/recode/23170900/leaked-amazon-memo-warehouses-hiring-shortage
>>

>> damn. At the end of the day going forward, that's literally a
>> potential double whammy for people who order their sriracha from
>> Amazon. Things keep being taken off the table and I hope that, in
>> the passage of time, it's transitory.
>>
>> However comma I allege that don't think it's Brandon's fault. My
>> calculus suggests that Trump collusion with Russia is involved.
>>

> What!? Trump colluded with Russia? Is that before or after his attempt
> to steal the presidency? HawHawHaw!

Both. The Dem's actions indicate that it's an ongoing work in progress
that's still on the table at the end of the day going forward.

Ping ms
37
Download Mbps
7.61
Upload Mbps
6.64

Bah.

kmiller

Jun 19, 2022, 9:34:02 AM6/19/22
Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up!

bfh

Jun 19, 2022, 12:04:45 PM6/19/22
kmiller wrote:
> On 6/18/2022 7:05 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> What!? Trump colluded with Russia? Is that before or after his
>>> attempt to steal the presidency? HawHawHaw!
>>
>> Both. The Dem's actions indicate that it's an ongoing work in
>> progress that's still on the table at the end of the day going forward.
>>
>> Ping ms
>> 37
>> Download Mbps
>> 7.61
>> Upload Mbps
>> 6.64
>>
>> Bah.
>>
> Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up!

As soon as the Trumpaghetti sticks at the end of the day going forward.

Ping ms
36
Download Mbps
52.36
Upload Mbps
8.95

Frank Howell

Jun 20, 2022, 8:59:43 AM6/20/22
I don't see any evidence to support your contentions. The only numbers
that I can access is for 2019-2019 year. That number is 7 million.
Obviously many will go on to college but still a least 2 million will
enter the work force lured by higher starting pay for jobs the require
no skills.

"it's expensive to supply the market with enough of them."
You know that how?

--
Frank Howell

Frank Howell

Jun 20, 2022, 9:03:07 AM6/20/22
Hey hey don't forget the Burka! Oops almost forgot the chastity belt.

--
Frank Howell

Technobarbarian

Jun 24, 2022, 5:42:48 PM6/24/22
Well here's one source of this information. It should be easy
enough to find another source if you don't believe this one. The people
who supply the labor market with young workers are their parents. This
is approximately what it costs them. Obviously, some people spend less
and some people pay more. Either way I think a quarter of a million
dollars is seriously expensive. At minimum wage it would take a long
time for this "investment" to pay off.

"The Cost of Raising a Child in the United States
A lot more than you might think

By TIM PARKER Updated January 09, 2022
Reviewed by SAMANTHA SILBERSTEIN
Fact checked by TIMOTHY LI

Raising a child can be rewarding emotionally but very costly
financially. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the
average cost of raising a child to age 18 was $233,610 as of 2015.1 With
an annual adjustment for inflation of 2.2% each year factored in, the
lifetime cost of raising a child born in 2022 could be estimated at
$272,049. Those numbers don't include the additional cost of sending a
child to college. If starting a family is in your plans or you already
have kids, understanding the costs can make shaping your financial plan
easier."
[snip]

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/090415/cost-raising-child-america.asp#:~:text=According%20to%20the%20U.S.%20Department,could%20be%20estimated%20at%20%24272%2C049.

You don't give us any idea what your numbers refer to so I have no
comment on them.

TB

Technobarbarian

Jun 25, 2022, 10:59:31 AM6/25/22
So, how much money are you donating to support those kids? The most
frequent reason for abortions appears to be economic. At a quarter a
million per kid you should be able to save at least one unborn worker.
Your worker would probably be ready to join the labor force around the
same time fast food joints become fully automated.

tb

Technobarbarian

Jun 25, 2022, 12:52:07 PM6/25/22