Another victory

Jerry

Jun 23, 2022, 8:57:01 PM6/23/22
Another "Trump to the rescue." SCOTUS 6 to 3 for Constitutional Rights.

"Shall Issue" trumps "May/Might Issue".

The US Supreme Court has struck down a New York law restricting
gun-carrying rights, in its most important judgment on guns in over a
decade.

The decision, which jeopardizes similar regulations in states like
California and New Jersey, is expected to allow more people to carry
guns legally.

The court found that a New York law requiring residents to prove "proper
cause" - or a good reason - to carry concealed firearms in public
violates the US Constitution.

Justice Clarence Thomas, writing on behalf of the six conservative
judges who make up the court's majority, ruled that Americans have a
right to carry "commonly used" firearms in public for personal defense.

The three "we make the law" interlopers dissented - no surprise there.
--

Jerry O.

Don Lampson

Jun 23, 2022, 9:20:48 PM6/23/22
Can you imagine opening up a gun shop downtown New York City, now! Handguns will be a genuine status symbol! What a golden opportunity! Pretty soon, there'll be insurance requirements, sure as shootin', excuse the pun, that's when big insurance will get their piece of the action! Maybe $100 bucks per gun, per year? Of course, the rates will be much higher for those dreaded "assault weapons".... When private enterprise works with government, they can really accomplish something! HawHawHaw!

Yosemite Sam Jr.

kmiller

Jun 23, 2022, 11:32:20 PM6/23/22
Those aren't "assault weapons". They're aggressive greeting devices.

Jerry

Jun 23, 2022, 11:42:49 PM6/23/22
Damn, I just received an email from one of my Leftist acquaintances
hoping I'm happy about Trump's SCOTUS expanding gun rights.

I pointed out that gun rights were not expanded - just recognized and
codified in their decision. And that did make me happy. Moreover, as a
citizen he should be happy too since the SCOTUS is following our
Constitution - and soon, he too can Constitutionally carry in
California.

I highly doubt that I will receive a reply.
--

Jerry O.