Just the start ???

Jerry

Jun 23, 2022, 6:09:25 PM6/23/22
A wake up call to all the states...

The Supreme Court ruled 6-3 Tuesday that a Maine tuition assistance
program violated the First Amendment's Free Exercise Clause for
excluding religious schools from eligibility.

The program provides tuition assistance for students without a local
public school to attend private institutions – as long as the funding is
not used for religious or "sectarian" teaching.

"Maine’s ‘nonsectarian’ requirement for its otherwise generally
available tuition assistance payments violates the Free Exercise Clause
of the First Amendment," Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in the court's
opinion in the case of Carson v. Maykin. "Regardless of how the benefit
and restriction are described, the program operates to identify and
exclude otherwise eligible schools on the basis of their religious
exercise."

Roberts stated that with Maine providing the benefit of tuition
assistance, they cannot condition those benefits in a way that
"effectively penalizes the free exercise of religion."

Interestingly, those of us on the Right are pretty much in agreement
with the ruling.

I've already heard from a couple of my Leftist acquaintances who are
upset with the ruling - "You'll change your mind when your tax money is
given to a Muslim or Wiccan school."

Perhaps, but - it can't be worse than pouring it down the rat-hole of
public schools. I'd like every K-12 student to be given a voucher and
get a little competition in educating our children.
--

Jerry O.

George.Anthony

Jun 23, 2022, 6:53:05 PM6/23/22
And again, thank you Donald Trump.

--
A great civilization cannot be conquered from without until it has
destroyed itself from within - Will Durant

Don Lampson

Jun 23, 2022, 10:07:01 PM6/23/22
Hoo Boy! The boom is on for private schools! My school, would be the "Academy of Conservative Beliefs, Blessed by Jesus Christ, & President Trump"! I'd found it, in the district, of MTG, in Georgia, or maybe West Virginia, somewhere? They could share dances, with the "What's Happening Now, Science Institute", for woke, White, young wastrels, from down the road.... Release the canvassers, ASAP!

Mr. Chips. Educator

Jerry

Jun 23, 2022, 10:19:19 PM6/23/22
On Thu, 23 Jun 2022 19:06:58 -0700 (PDT), Don Lampson
<donla...@gmail.com> wrote:

>My school, would be the "Academy of Conservative Beliefs, Blessed by Jesus Christ, & President Trump"

Nearly any type of schooling would have been a blessing for you. Had
you had it during your formative years perhaps you could hold up your
end of a conversation. I find that thought doubtful - but miracles are
possible.
HarHarHar.
--

Jerry O.

bfh

Jun 23, 2022, 11:07:13 PM6/23/22
damn. No offense and nothing personal, but IMO, "HarHarHar." literally
just doesn't approach the impressive terminal ballistics metrics of
"HawHawHaw!". IOW, by the way, and let me be clear, at the end of the
day going forward comma I allege that it's less efficacious for most
anything that might be on the table. I can't be sure, but I think that
the extra width of the "w" compared to the "r" might have something to
do with its apparent superior muscularity.

--
bill

Jerry

Jun 23, 2022, 11:37:32 PM6/23/22
No offence taken. And while I generally agree with your assessment of
HawHawHaw's efficacy , I do think HarHarHar, and especially, Har-Har-Har
for serious cases, tends to convey more of an attitude of sarcasm. Which
was my intent in this case.
--

Jerry O.

kmiller

Jun 23, 2022, 11:39:48 PM6/23/22
Should have been BlahBlahBlah...

Don Lampson

Jun 24, 2022, 4:00:26 AM6/24/22
I'm sure I've been to more schools than you have... Thanx to my military service, they served me well as part time jobs, wherever I was, for years, and supplied me with cute college G/Fs, while you were making your fortune, out in Californey....

From the 3rd thru the 5th grade, I attended one of those private schools you're now clucking over... It was a little white schoolhouse on the prairie, operated by 7th Day Adventists. It had a student body of about 25 pupils, from the second, to 8th grade... Every morning, we saluted the flag, then bowed our heads for a prayer by the headmaster, Wilfred Omstead... His real joy was laying the strap on misbehaved boys... He used to play games with us, and was rough on the boys, including his own son, who was a year younger than I.... Richie Omstead was a problem child... One time, I witnessed Mr. Omstead wash out Richie's mouth with brown laundry soap for lying to him about us cussing... Poor Richie sounded like he was being tortured! (which he was!) Imagine such discipline in a public school, today!

Those private schools getting government money will be sure way of turning out future maladjusted, ignorant,Jeezus wheezing, incels, to vex society for years to come...

Dr. Dean Wormer, Pres. of Farber College

George.Anthony

Jun 24, 2022, 9:15:55 AM6/24/22
Dean Wormer, huh. You finally found a suitable moniker. Your head is also
up a horse’s ass.

Jerry

Jun 24, 2022, 3:10:45 PM6/24/22
On Fri, 24 Jun 2022 01:00:23 -0700 (PDT), Don Lampson
<donla...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 7:19:19 PM UTC-7, Jerry wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Jun 2022 19:06:58 -0700 (PDT), Don Lampson
>> <donla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >My school, would be the "Academy of Conservative Beliefs, Blessed by Jesus Christ, & President Trump"
>> >
>> Nearly any type of schooling would have been a blessing for you. Had
>> you had it during your formative years perhaps you could hold up your
>> end of a conversation. I find that thought doubtful - but miracles are
>> possible.
>> HarHarHar.
>> --
>>
>> Jerry O.
>
>I'm sure I've been to more schools than you have...

More remedial Training classes - for sure.

Also, I missed Setting Chokers 101 and Chet's 5 Easy Guitar Chords -
Damn!

However - Trump's SCOTUS, the gift that just keeps on giving, just
voided Roe v Wade. That has helped somewhat to lift me out of the
doldrums I was in after finding out that you have more schooling than
me.
Har - Har - Har!
--

Jerry O.

bfh

Jun 24, 2022, 3:40:57 PM6/24/22
Mygod! Now you've efficaciously adopted the exclamation point but have
inefficaciously literally added gratuitous hyphens and spaces in lieu
of the old tried and true w and spacelessness. At the end of the day
going forward, the significance of the passage of time suggests that
evolution is not always a Good Thing in the passage of time.

Jerry

Jun 24, 2022, 6:10:14 PM6/24/22
Does that mean that "Har - Dee - Har - Har!" (denoting, in this case,
speaking slowly with a sneer in one's voice) should never be used except
in the most dire circumstances? And even there very rarely?
--

Jerry O.

bfh

Jun 24, 2022, 7:33:06 PM6/24/22
Good gracious, no. You can use it whenever you want, and I will
comment on it whenever I want - whether or not I happen to be armed or
unarmed. However comma I will remain loyal to "HawHawHaw!" as it has a
long history, will probably have a long future, and is almost
universally understood on a subconscious level in varying contexts. It
is timeless and the passage of time is significant for nearly
everything except "HawHawHaw!". Your persistent introduction of new
variations of it is almost as confusing as CDC Covid guidance.

kmiller

Jun 24, 2022, 9:22:08 PM6/24/22
I'm sure you'll be first in line to adopt a bunch of them unwanted kids.
HawHawHaw!

Don Lampson

Jun 25, 2022, 12:34:42 AM6/25/22
Remember Kevin, ""Every sperm is sacred! Every sperm is good! Every sperm in needed, in your neighborhood!" HawHawHaw!

I suspect Jerry is angry & unhappy, with good reasons! He no doubt, enjoys others, being angry & unhappy, with him... He probably cackles, just like Hillary Clinton does, thinking about all those enraged, liberal, pro-choice, bitches out there, ranting, & raving, about how awful the USSC is, for putting poor, dumb, young, gals, right behind the 8 ball, with their piety.....

Monty Python Jr.

George.Anthony

Jun 25, 2022, 5:51:59 PM6/25/22
Shows you ow ignorant baby killing birthing, menstruating women are. You
don't need to use abortion as birth control. Many options are available,
e.g., abstinence (favorite put down of the left), pills, condoms,
contraceptive foam, quarters, etc. Furthermore, you can't tell me it
takes six, seven or even nine months to realize you want to murder your
child.

By the way, to many of these absentee fathers, it's a badge of honor
among their peers to father a child, or many children. They don't take
care of them anyway. Uncle Sugar does that thanks to the way you and
other clueless liberals vote.
--
-
"Ain't no fuckin' way that whole Siberian Orchestra is trans" -Paul