My Order Is Confirmed!

kmiller

Jun 22, 2022, 9:29:58 PM6/22/22
Yaaay! My Starlink dishie order is confirmed! Yippee! Yahooooo!

bfh

Jun 22, 2022, 10:14:05 PM6/22/22
kmiller wrote:
> Yaaay! My Starlink dishie order is confirmed! Yippee! Yahooooo!

Does that mean, that as we speak, some Starlink minion at some
undisclosed location is efficaciously boxing up your magical stuff?

--
bill

kmiller

Jun 22, 2022, 10:25:21 PM6/22/22
On 6/22/2022 7:14 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:
>> Yaaay! My Starlink dishie order is confirmed! Yippee! Yahooooo!
>
> Does that mean, that as we speak, some Starlink minion at some
> undisclosed location is efficaciously boxing up your magical stuff?

One certainly and fervently hopes so, with fingers crossed, though one
can never be certain when it comes to minions. Soon I will be able to
post my nonsense at multiple times my current speed and all will be well
with the world.

bfh

Jun 22, 2022, 10:33:58 PM6/22/22
Have you found a place to put it so that it will have an unimpeded
view of most of the galaxy so that at the end of the day going
forward, you'll get the blazing speed metrics that you so richly deserve?

kmiller

Jun 23, 2022, 9:34:57 AM6/23/22
On 6/22/2022 7:33 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:
>>>
>>> Does that mean, that as we speak, some Starlink minion at some
>>> undisclosed location is efficaciously boxing up your magical stuff?
>>>

>> One certainly and fervently hopes so, with fingers crossed, though one
>> can never be certain when it comes to minions. Soon I will be able to
>> post my nonsense at multiple times my current speed and all will be
>> well with the world.
>
> Have you found a place to put it so that it will have an unimpeded view
> of most of the galaxy so that at the end of the day going forward,
> you'll get the blazing speed metrics that you so richly deserve?

Yes, I do! Sweet, little Starlinky is gonna have a nearly complete view
of the universe and will be mounted clear of the dwelling such that,
should she get hot from all the electrons blazing through her darling
little parts, she won't burn it down.

bfh

Jun 23, 2022, 12:50:36 PM6/23/22
damn. I haven't even considered the potential fire danger. Mine's
literally about 6 feet above the roof edge. Do you think that's far
enough? Have you done the calculus on the Download Speed Fire Danger
Tipping Point? If so, do you have a formula or a chart that you'd be
willing to share with me? Keep in mind the significance of the passage
of time, and if you should fail to respond before my house burns down,
someone will hold you accountable.

Ping ms
28
Download Mbps
125.98
Upload Mbps
14.04

kmiller

Jun 23, 2022, 8:15:47 PM6/23/22
My Starlink account says "Order being processed". <sad face> C'mon,
folks. Get my Starlinky coming home to me, now!

6 feet is mostly, probably, could be OK, given the relative infrequency
and cold, bland nature of your posts at the end of the day. For a
hot-blooded, keyboard pounding woke librul like me it'll need to be at
least 12 feet. More like 20 feet if the orange goon is ever again
allowed to run for anything except asylum in North Korea.

bfh

Jun 23, 2022, 8:51:19 PM6/23/22
I got this Feb 7:
Order Confirmed
The Starlink team is preparing your order for delivery.

Your Starlink Kit will arrive with everything you need to get online
including your Starlink, WiFi router, cables and base. You will
receive a separate email when your order ships, typically within 2 weeks.
Got an email Feb 9 saying order was shipped.
I forget when it arrived, but I was up and running on Feb 15.

> 6 feet is mostly, probably, could be OK, given the relative
> infrequency and cold, bland nature of your posts at the end of the
> day. For a hot-blooded, keyboard pounding woke librul like me it'll
> need to be at least 12 feet. More like 20 feet if the orange goon is
> ever again allowed to run for anything except asylum in North Korea.

If Trump needs asylum, all he needs to do is wade the Rio Grande from
south to north. If he's worried about getting tired or stepping in a
hole, he can get one of these:
https://tinyurl.com/4ey8eth2

kmiller

Jun 23, 2022, 11:36:47 PM6/23/22
Hopefully, I'll get that second magic email tomorrow.

>  I forget when it arrived, but I was up and running on Feb 15.
>

>> 6 feet is mostly, probably, could be OK, given the relative
>> infrequency and cold, bland nature of your posts at the end of the
>> day. For a hot-blooded, keyboard pounding woke librul like me it'll
>> need to be at least 12 feet. More like 20 feet if the orange goon is
>> ever again allowed to run for anything except asylum in North Korea.
>
> If Trump needs asylum, all he needs to do is wade the Rio Grande from
> south to north. If he's worried about getting tired or stepping in a
> hole, he can get one of these:
> https://tinyurl.com/4ey8eth2

Is there still water in the Rio NotSoGrande? The orange goon is
currently up to his neck in personal lawyers. There's no chance he'll
drown alone.

bfh

Jun 24, 2022, 12:23:40 AM6/24/22
>>  Â I forget when it arrived, but I was up and running on Feb 15.
>>

>>> 6 feet is mostly, probably, could be OK, given the relative
>>> infrequency and cold, bland nature of your posts at the end of the
>>> day. For a hot-blooded, keyboard pounding woke librul like me it'll
>>> need to be at least 12 feet. More like 20 feet if the orange goon
>>> is ever again allowed to run for anything except asylum in North
>>> Korea.
>>
>> If Trump needs asylum, all he needs to do is wade the Rio Grande
>> from south to north. If he's worried about getting tired or stepping
>> in a hole, he can get one of these:
>> https://tinyurl.com/4ey8eth2
>>

> Is there still water in the Rio NotSoGrande? The orange goon is
> currently up to his neck in personal lawyers. There's no chance he'll
> drown alone.

That's true. Sharks never stop swimming.......and they probably only
rarely die from drowning.

kmiller

Jun 24, 2022, 9:24:44 PM6/24/22
Got the shipping notice today. Delivery expected on Monday! Yaaahoooo!

10ms/3.98/0.72

bfh

Jun 24, 2022, 10:03:19 PM6/24/22

>>> Is there still water in the Rio NotSoGrande? The orange goon is
>>> currently up to his neck in personal lawyers. There's no chance
>>> he'll drown alone.
>>
>> That's true. Sharks never stop swimming.......and they probably only
>> rarely die from drowning.
>>

> Got the shipping notice today. Delivery expected on Monday! Yaaahoooo!
>
> 10ms/3.98/0.72

I've got a feeling that by Wednesday, you'll be doing better than this:
Ping ms
40
Download Mbps
32.29
Upload Mbps
9.06

My metrics have been all over the triangle here lately - mostly near
the bottom of it.

kmiller

Jun 24, 2022, 10:26:51 PM6/24/22
I'm not going to talk about your bottom. But I am reaaaally looking
forward to the change.

bfh

Jun 24, 2022, 10:50:52 PM6/24/22

>>> Got the shipping notice today. Delivery expected on Monday! Yaaahoooo!
>>>
>>> 10ms/3.98/0.72
>>
>> I've got a feeling that by Wednesday, you'll be doing better than this:
>>  Â Ping ms
>> 40
>> Download Mbps
>> 32.29
>> Upload Mbps
>> 9.06
>>
>> My metrics have been all over the triangle here lately - mostly near
>> the bottom of it.
>>

> I'm not going to talk about your bottom. But I am reaaaally looking
> forward to the change.

You might not be able to handle it. Have been practicing looking and
thinking fast?

George.Anthony

Jun 25, 2022, 5:53:11 PM6/25/22
I don't think he thinks at all, much less fast.

--
-
"Ain't no fuckin' way that whole Siberian Orchestra is trans" -Paul

kmiller

Jun 27, 2022, 10:10:58 PM6/27/22
HawHawHaw! I love, love, love my dishy!

37/98.7/6.9

Life in the fast lane. Yahoooo!

bfh

Jun 27, 2022, 11:27:13 PM6/27/22

>>> I'm not going to talk about your bottom. But I am reaaaally looking
>>> forward to the change.
>>
>> You might not be able to handle it. Have been practicing looking and
>> thinking fast?
>>

> HawHawHaw! I love, love, love my dishy!
>
> 37/98.7/6.9
>
> Life in the fast lane. Yahoooo!

Very good.

Mine has been all over the place lately, and my average since
installation has been creeping downward. My first 30 day average was
102, but the last 30 days is 68. My highest speed was 256 in April.

Now:
Download Mbps
30.87
Upload Mbps
10.24
Ping ms 58 79 92

If you go here:
https://starlink.sx/
and set your home location, how many sats does it say you're seeing?

kmiller

Jun 28, 2022, 9:43:28 AM6/28/22
On 6/27/2022 8:27 PM, bfh wrote:

>> kmiller wrote:

That site shows it seeing 7 sats - quality 100%.

31/71.16/8.11

It's like moving off the old 300 baud modem. I can live with it. So far
the link has been steady but too short of time running to really know yet.

bfh

Jun 28, 2022, 12:36:54 PM6/28/22
kmiller wrote:

> That site shows it seeing 7 sats - quality 100%.

damn. I've never seen 7. Most of the time, it's 4 or 5 - and some of
those are behind the pine trees. It's just not fair. Launch faster,
Elon - Cracker Lives Matter, too.
You lucky bastard.