WallMart Woes

RStorm453

Feb 18, 2001, 11:25:42 AM2/18/01
A few days ago I found myself in a neighboring town. It was 7 p.m. and most of
the regular stores had closed so. I had thirty minutes before I was to meet
friends for dinner, so I decided to see what kind of deals I could find at the
sporting goods bargain bin in the local WallMart. Sure enough they had a FLW
two-piece, seven-foot, medium action spinning rod that regularly sold for $35,
now marked down to $20. The inexpensive rod seemed just the thing to stow
behind the truck seat, against an unexpected angling opportunity.

I wanted to make sure that the rod I chose was in fact the rod on sale, so I
tracked down a clerk (no easy task in a WallMart) who assured me, "Yes -- this
rod, the rod in your hand, is on sale for $20." I would have paid in sporting
goods, but decided that as I had a few more minutes, I might as well pick up a
few rolls of film, so I headed for the electronics dept., and then to check
out.

After a five-minute wait (seems like half an hour, doesn't it?), I put my
merchandise on the counter. As the check out clerk rang up my purchases, I
slid my VISA card through the processor and punched the buttons that said this
was a credit purchase. Then she handed me the slip to sign and I noticed the
total was higher than expected. Sure enough the rod was listed at $35. I
asked her to change the price but she told me she couldn't and that I would
have to go to Customer Service where they could take care of the problem.

I looked at the long line at Customer Service and realized that I didn't have
time to wait again (I only had a few minutes left before I was to meet my
friends) so I handed her back the merchandise and told her I didn't want it
after all. Then she informed me that my card had already been billed for the
purchase (even though I had not signed the slip) and that the manager would
have to come round to remove the charge from my card.

So I had to wait anyway. And of course all the folks standing behind me in
line also had to wait. The manager finally got there and so I took a moment to
explain the problem to him, thinking that he would change the price and I could
take the rod and get of there. But no -- he simply removed the charge from my
card.

By now I was getting a little pissed off. This guy had not apologized. He had
not made any attempt to make me, the customer, happy. He had merely "fixed"
the immediate problem of my credit charge.

I decided that I had not properly communicated the problem to him. So I went
over once again -- very slowly this time -- what had happened. How I had made
sure I had the correct rod at the correct price and how the bar code reader had
charged me the incorrect price. I was very polite and again I expected him to
immediately realize what it would take to set the situation right. All he had
to do was say, "Gosh I'm sorry. Let me change that price for you." But no.
He did nothing.

By now I getting really pissed. But I'm still polite. So I explain that
surely other anglers like myself are going to see that sign and think that they
have a bargain. Surely he doesn't want them to also be unpleasantly surprised
when they go through check out. Surely not! Doesn't he want to either change
the bar code reader to show the correct price or at least go back to sporting
goods and take down that sign. Surely he doesn't want to mislead more
customers.

He looked at me, shrugged, and walked off. And he wasn't headed toward
sporting goods.

I've been in business most of my 56 years and I can tell you than when a
customer brings a problem to my attention I do NOT shrug. I do NOT walk off.
I take the customer and his/her problem very seriously.

Sure, I'll shop at WallMart again. I have to. I live in a rural area where
most stores close at 5:30 p.m. If I want something at the last minute I'm
forced to drive the half hour to the nearest all night giant. Sure I'll shop
there again and they'll get my money.

But it will be a long time before they get my trust.
-----
Family, Friends, Fishing
Rob Storm
http://www.stormsrestaurants.com

TNBass

Feb 18, 2001, 12:21:12 PM2/18/01
Rob, thanks for detailing that. Be sure you send your message to Walmart,
too, at http://www.walmart.com/cservice/cu_commentsstore.gsp?cu_heading=14

TNBass
________________
"RStorm453" <rsto...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
<snip>

Jajwuth

Feb 18, 2001, 12:47:33 PM2/18/01
Norm
I follow a few simple rules when shopping at walmart.
- prescan the item before i go to the checkout. There is stations through out
the store that allow you to do this. You may be surprised that the item has
even a further reduction in price. If it is a tackle item you may want to buy
more.
-if the item is in the vicinity of the markdowns scan that item also it might
have a huge markdown as well. I bought a couple extra rapala(s) using this
technique.
-if it is in the bargain area look on the shelf as well since there maybe more
stock there for quantity purchases.
-avoid store personnel, the reason your there is for a hassle free purchase. In
a smaller store you maybe followed around by clerks thinking you are going to
scoff something.
-check out the tool section; they sell plastic boxes which may be reduced in
price.
-i haven't tried it but there is a lot of broken stuff and was thinking if you
summoned the manager he might give you a deal.
-if you talk to clerks try to talk to them at their intelligence scale. That
might depend on where you sit on the scale...no offense intended.
-if there is a stiker for a sale item but no stock i do a search.If it is a
reel i open the box to make sure the reel handle is there.
-phone ahead and ask the guy who handles the fishing section if there are any
markdowns and ask him to put a few aside.
-when dealing with the manager act like a joe blow customer not like an ace
basser.

Hope this helps Norm
Al
Have fishing rod...will travel.

Ridges

Feb 18, 2001, 12:50:50 PM2/18/01
This is why I always watch the prices as they are rung up. You'd be surprised to
see how many times you are overcharged for groceries. If you catch it before they
total it up, they are more responsive. Probably because they don't have your money
yet.

Jim

Moe Conway

Feb 18, 2001, 1:42:35 PM2/18/01
>He looked at me, shrugged, and walked off. And he wasn't headed toward
>sporting goods.
>
>I've been in business most of my 56 years and I can tell you than when a
>customer brings a problem to my attention I do NOT shrug. I do NOT walk off.
>
>I take the customer and his/her problem very seriously.
>
>Sure, I'll shop at WallMart again. I have to. I live in a rural area where
>most stores close at 5:30 p.m. If I want something at the last minute I'm
>forced to drive the half hour to the nearest all night giant. Sure I'll shop
>there again and they'll get my money.
>
>But it will be a long time before they get my trust.
>-----
>Family, Friends, Fishing
>Rob Storm

Another plus for Kmart.

--
Why is it called "Common Sense", when so few have it?
Good Fishing - Moe

To view or post newsgroup ROBF Photos
http://members.aol.com/recbass/robf_index.html

Bob Redding

Feb 18, 2001, 2:16:17 PM2/18/01
Everyone should. I just did.

--
Go Fishing. And may your fish be as big as your tales.
Columbia, SC Lake Murray
"TNBass" <TN-...@excite.com> wrote in message

MMccoy01

Feb 18, 2001, 4:56:19 PM2/18/01
They put up a sign in a local Walmart a couple of years ago that said they
would pay you $3.00 if you caught them overcharging you for an item. They took
it down after a couple of weeks. Wonder why?

Mark McCoy
Bumpus Mills, Tennessee

W00FUHgoofuh

Feb 18, 2001, 5:07:09 PM2/18/01
well walmart comes to an area and uaing below cost prices, puts out of
business everyone else. when thay are the only game left in town thay make up
for that small early loss. if we trade there we get what we deserve.

Jajwuth

Feb 18, 2001, 6:14:52 PM2/18/01
I think Walmart is great. They offer an excellent selection in fishing tackle
at what they say are the lowest prices. It is the mainstream type of stuff.
I'll put up with the typical problems in dealing with a large outfit. There is
also the advantage that you can easily return goods.

Ken Williams

Feb 18, 2001, 8:02:06 PM2/18/01
Agreed but it sure wasn't like that when the "old man" was alive. The
family has let it go WAY downhill.
Ken Williams

RStorm453

Feb 19, 2001, 11:10:39 AM2/19/01
Al,

Thanks for your information. It sounds like you approach a shopping trip to
WallMart with the same intensity that some of us approach a weed bed full of
bass. However, it's obvious that the WallMarts where you live and the ones
where I do business are somewhat different, e.g. "In a smaller store you maybe
followed around by clerks thinking you are going scoff something." Clerks?
Follow you around? Around here statements like that can bring tears of
laughter.

I found several of your comments interesting:

"-if you talk to clerks try to talk to them at their intelligence scale. That

might depend of where you sit on the scale . . . no offense intended." I'm
not sure exactly what you mean here, but it seems that you're implying that
WallMark clerks have lower IQs. Actually, many WallMart clerks seem very
intelligent. I think many problems lie in the fact that the stores are very
large, understaffed, and the organization itself is far more concerned with
making money than it is with giving good service.

"-when dealing with the manager act like a joe blow customer not like an ace

basser." Al, the fact is that I AM a "joe blow customer" -- but the sort of
"Joe Blow" who likes to bass fish. Last title in the world that I would claim
is "ace basser." Fact is, the few "Ace Basses" that I know, also act like
ordinary, every-day, run-of-the-mill "Joe Blow" citizens when they are in
public. By contrast, some of the guys I meet, who strut around puffed up with
their own importance, are in fact, legends only in their own minds.

By the way, Al -- where did you get the idea that my name is "Norm"?

RStorm453

Feb 19, 2001, 11:13:42 AM2/19/01
> walmart comes to an area and uaing below cost prices, puts out of
>business everyone else. when thay are the only game left in town thay make up
>for that small early loss. if we trade there we get what we deserve.

I agree. I do my best to spend my angling bucks with the what few Mom and Pop
shops are left. BTW -- any one looking for a good independant shop in Central
Texas should take a look at Joey Martin's in Marble Falls. Joey has a fair
amount of merchandise and is a treasure trove of stories and local lore.

RStorm453

Feb 19, 2001, 11:17:42 AM2/19/01
>They put up a sign in a local Walmart a couple of years ago that said they
>would pay you $3.00 if you caught them overcharging you for an item. They
>took
>it down after a couple of weeks. Wonder why?

chuckle, chuckle

RStorm453

Feb 19, 2001, 11:16:57 AM2/19/01
>Another plus for Kmart.

Hi Moe, Sounds like you've had much better experiences with Kmart. Guess
I'll give them a try. So far, my favorite of the local retail giants is
Academy, but I have to drive an hour and a half to get to the nearest one.

-----
Family, Friends, Fishing
Rob Storm

http://www.stormsrestaurants.com

Bob Redding

Feb 19, 2001, 12:27:22 PM2/19/01
Hmmm. Normal?

--
Go Fishing. And may your fish be as big as your tales.
Columbia, SC Lake Murray

"RStorm453" <rsto...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

<<big snip>>

Moe Conway

Feb 19, 2001, 4:40:17 PM2/19/01
>Hi Moe, Sounds like you've had much better experiences with Kmart. Guess
>I'll give them a try. So far, my favorite of the local retail giants is
>Academy, but I have to drive an hour and a half to get to the nearest one.
>-----
>Family, Friends, Fishing
>Rob Storm

Like all stores, you can have a bad experience anywhere but, at our local Kmart
they carry a larger varity than Walmart. They meet or beat Walmats prices and
they will special order in merchendise, if than can, to carry for the
locals.No, they can't get everything and I still have to use some other
sources, but when you buy worms, spinner baits etc,etc by the gross. I need to
save every penny I can.

Rick LaFay

Feb 19, 2001, 5:32:54 PM2/19/01

> >They put up a sign in a local Walmart a couple of years ago that said
they
> >would pay you $3.00 if you caught them overcharging you for an item. They
> >took
> >it down after a couple of weeks. Wonder why?

In Michigan we have a law against a scanned purchase being more than the
sale price. (sign or whatever)

The law says they must... just a sec I have to get it out of my wallet...

If the item price is less than you were charged, the store must refund the
difference plus a penalty of 10 times that amount, up to $5.

Sure makes some sale items real bargains. I never say anything at the charge
counter I just go out the door and come right back in and go to the customer
service counter. They almost never even argue just pay me the penalty.

Check with your state and see if that is the case there too. If not maybe
you should talk with your state representative.

--
Good fishing,

Richard L. LaFay | (248) 753-6940 (work)
2887 Pontiac Court | (248) 373-6865 (home)
Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326

email ri...@ricklafay.com website http://www.ricklafay.com

Ranger Boats, Lowrance Electronics, Berkley Trilene, Rippler,
Bill Norman Lures, and Aqua-Vu underwater cameras.
I use them because I think they're the best!

Bob Rickard

Feb 19, 2001, 5:38:20 PM2/19/01
Those who shop only price get what they pay for.

--
Bob Rickard

SECRET WEAPON -- World's absolute finest spinnerbaits!
All others are now obsolete . . . See for yourself at
http://inetsa.com/user/secretweapon
-----------------------<=- 0')))><

"W00FUHgoofuh" <w00fuh...@aol.com> wrote in message

Jajwuth

Feb 19, 2001, 9:24:25 PM2/19/01
In article <20010219111039...@ng-cg1.aol.com>,
rsto...@aol.comnospam (RStorm453) writes:
Rob (not Norm writes):

Rob
Okay some clarification is in order.
The type of store where the people are suspecting you of scoffing is the
smaller tackle shop not wallmart.
As far as calling you Norm, Rob, I had to use my memory since i could not go
back in my writing the reply. Something close to my brain came up with Norm and
i think it was like stormin norman or norm for short.
In regard to IQ's i know these days lots of people are underemployed. My
message was to play dumb.You can always use your smarts at any time. Ace basser
was meant to the newsgroup at large....again play dumb.
Talk about playing dumb or being dumb, Rob....did you know that Bob Redding
forwarded your orginal posting to the head honchos at Walmart....probably
without your permission too.

Marty

Feb 20, 2001, 12:50:45 AM2/20/01
Moe wrote, in part:

>at our local Kmart
>they carry a larger varity than Walmart. They meet or beat Walmats prices

Moe, I know you're not a neighbor of mine, because here in the Rochester, NY
area, Kmart is next to worthless. They have a poor selection of merchandise and
some prices are outrageous. Example: Shad Rap at $6.89 vs. $5.39 other places.
The stores look like they cater to the the fella that uses live bait and wants
very moderately priced rods and reels.

They can't come close to outfitting the typical spendaholic bass fisherman who
wants decent rods/reels and a good assortment of lures.

I might add that our Wal-Marts have a better selection, but still not very
much, but their prices are good on what they do have. But they're not the
Wal-Mart you'd expect after watching the ads on Bill Dance.

TNBass

Feb 20, 2001, 8:14:18 AM2/20/01
Moe, who makes the normal purchasing/stock decisions for each store? Does
having a knowledgeable angler on the sales staff make it any more likely
that a particular K-Mart will carry a better stock than one with Clarence at
the register (who was assigned to Sporting Goods just because he can't get
along with Claire and Bernice in Home Furnishings)? Or are stocking
decisions made by some mysterious home office accountant who has no clue
what the local fishermen prefer and are coming in looking for?

I've asked the clerks at WalMart and K-Mart to see if they can stock certain
items, and up here they look at me like I have lost my mind. Is that because
they're thick, or they can't order 3/0 HP hooks, or just don't want to
bother?

I, too, have noticed a big difference in stocks at K-Mart in different parts
of the country.

TNBass
___________________________
"Moe Conway" <moe...@aol.com> wrote in message

GColloton24

Feb 20, 2001, 8:48:16 AM2/20/01
>Moe, I know you're not a neighbor of mine, because here in the Rochester, NY
>area, Kmart is next to worthless.

I know just from experience that some Wal-Marts are better than K-Marts, and
some K-Marts are better than Wal-Marts. It all depends on where you live. I
have checked many different K-Marts and Wal-Marts while on vacation in Florida,
and I have found All-Star rods, Pinnacle Reels and Rods (Like Deadbolt
Limited's), and other quality fishing gear.

Ken Williams

Feb 20, 2001, 10:11:57 AM2/20/01
Ditto! Our local Kmart looks as though it could close the doors at any
time. The sales personnel (if thats indeed what they call themselves)
are the worse I've encountered lately. Walmart here in Stockbridge, GA,
just to the south of Atlanta has much more to offer even though the
store has gone downhill since the passing of Sam Walton. I'll stick to
the Basspro and Cabela's catalog and visit the Basspro shop in Duluth,
GA (about 30 miles) to do my shopping. However, I MUST limit my visits
to the latter due to the fact I'm "like a kid in a candy store" and
never know when I've spent too much until I get home :") But all seems
OK when I dump all the goodies in the middle of the floor to begin
showing my wife (who could care less) what great deals I've scored.
Ken Williams

Bart A(Uglybass)

Feb 20, 2001, 12:24:10 PM2/20/01
Very True!!!

But if your buying Name Brand Tackle, why not spend $3.00 instead of $6.00
for the same thing...

Again, Wal-mart does offer some Pluses if you can deal with the annoying
minuses!!!

Bart A,
UglyBass.com

"Bob Rickard" <r.r.r...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

Bart A(Uglybass)

Feb 20, 2001, 12:30:06 PM2/20/01
I would have to agree.. It must be a location thing.. Our Kmart here has
crap
for Tackle, and our Wal-mart has a way bigger selection and better prices,
then there's always Gander Mountain, which is EVEN BETTER YET....
And if I can't find it there, I can always drive the 40 minutes to the
Cabelas
Outlet!!!

Location, Location, Location.....

Bart A.
UglyBass.com

"RStorm453" <rsto...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

Moe Conway

Feb 20, 2001, 1:32:12 PM2/20/01
>Moe, who makes the normal purchasing/stock decisions for each store? Does
>having a knowledgeable angler on the sales staff make it any more likely
>that a particular K-Mart will carry a better stock than one with Clarence at
>the register (who was assigned to Sporting Goods just because he can't get
>along with Claire and Bernice in Home Furnishings)? Or are stocking
>decisions made by some mysterious home office accountant who has no clue
>what the local fishermen prefer and are coming in looking for?
>
>I've asked the clerks at WalMart and K-Mart to see if they can stock certain
>items, and up here they look at me like I have lost my mind. Is that because
>they're thick, or they can't order 3/0 HP hooks, or just don't want to
>bother?
>
>I, too, have noticed a big difference in stocks at K-Mart in different parts
>of the country.
>
>TNBass

Of course it makes a difference if they have someone with experience. Kmart
deals with several vendors and the Sorting Goods Manager can order for you.
Some stock is not vendor related and is sent from a central warehouse, but most
of the fishing stock is orderable. If you are having getting an item in, let me
know the store number (Ask any clerk) and the item and I will see if I can get
it and transfer it to your area store. Like I said, they don't have access to
everything, but more than you would think.

--
Why is it called "Common Sense", when so few have it?
Good Fishing - Moe
Moe's Guide Service (Lake Okeechobee) -
http://members.aol.com/moefran/index.html

To view or post newsgroup ROBF Photos
http://members.aol.com/recbass/robf_index.html

RStorm453

Feb 20, 2001, 1:40:14 PM2/20/01
>Rob
>Okay some clarification is in order.

Thanks for the clarification, Al. I sorta like the "Stormin' Norm" idea.

Michael V

Feb 20, 2001, 2:02:39 PM2/20/01
You people are on the internet so the whole world is at your fingertips!
If Wal-Mart stinks then buy online from the hundreds of tackle web sites
that DO want your business. I am fortunate to have one of the best tackle
shops in my area only 20 minutes away.

Mike

"RStorm453" <rsto...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

> sure I had the correct rod at the correct price and how the bar code

reader had
> charged me the incorrect price. I was very polite and again I expected
him to
> immediately realize what it would take to set the situation right. All he
had
> to do was say, "Gosh I'm sorry. Let me change that price for you." But
no.
> He did nothing.
>
> By now I getting really pissed. But I'm still polite. So I explain that
> surely other anglers like myself are going to see that sign and think that
they
> have a bargain. Surely he doesn't want them to also be unpleasantly
surprised
> when they go through check out. Surely not! Doesn't he want to either
change
> the bar code reader to show the correct price or at least go back to
sporting
> goods and take down that sign. Surely he doesn't want to mislead more
> customers.
>

> He looked at me, shrugged, and walked off. And he wasn't headed toward
> sporting goods.
>
> I've been in business most of my 56 years and I can tell you than when a
> customer brings a problem to my attention I do NOT shrug. I do NOT walk
off.
> I take the customer and his/her problem very seriously.
>

> Sure, I'll shop at WallMart again. I have to. I live in a rural area
where
> most stores close at 5:30 p.m. If I want something at the last minute I'm
> forced to drive the half hour to the nearest all night giant. Sure I'll
shop
> there again and they'll get my money.
>
> But it will be a long time before they get my trust.

Fool4Bass

Feb 20, 2001, 2:48:34 PM2/20/01
K-mart has a better selection of pajama's than Wal-Mart does though.

Bob Rickard

RStorm453

Feb 21, 2001, 1:00:26 AM2/21/01
>You people are on the internet so the whole world is at your fingertips!
>If Wal-Mart stinks then buy online from the hundreds of tackle web sites
>that DO want your business. I am fortunate to have one of the best tackle
>shops in my area only 20 minutes away.
>
>Mike

Good for you Mike -- glad you have such a great tackle shop. We have good ones
here as well. As I stated, the reason I was in WallMart was not that I was on
a fishing tackle buying expedition, but rather because I had an extra 30
minutes and nothing to do. I spend a lot of time of the internet and I'm sure
that some of the web-based shops are very good. The thing is that I prefer to
examine the merchandise before I buy. As one example, I like to pick up
rattling plugs and give them a good shake to make sure they actually rattle.
But each to his own.

Michael V

Feb 21, 2001, 1:05:14 AM2/21/01
I can understand that Rob. Find out what you like and then buy it online.
:-)

Mike

"RStorm453" <rsto...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

Brendan

Feb 21, 2001, 3:54:52 AM2/21/01

> You people are on the internet so the whole world is at your fingertips!
> If Wal-Mart stinks then buy online from the hundreds of tackle web sites
> that DO want your business. I am fortunate to have one of the best tackle
> shops in my area only 20 minutes away.

Although in our part of the world most of our "General Chainstores" don't
have decent fishing sections we do have a chain called Sportsman's
Warehouse. They're basically huge shops (Members of a franchise)dedicated to
all manner of sporting goods. The prices on the tag are almost always
cheaper then the small shops but do you know what? I very rarely go to them.

Strangely enough our local specialized store always ends up getting my
money. Why? Because every time I walk into it I'm guaranteed at least an
hour of fishing talk with the owner who I can see is just as nuts about
fishing as I am, hell, I'll have a huge list of things to do on a Saturday
morning walk into the tackle shop and three hours later walk out and not
have the time to do anything else. For some sick reason I prefer this to
walking into a huge store, taking my packet of plastic worms, putting them
on a counter and leaving in 10 minutes.

Most of the time I end up getting a better deal at the small shop simply
because the bigger stores have a policy of not discounting goods. Smaller
shops don't. While the price on the tag is higher more often then not the
owner will buy you a few cooldrinks during your chat, throw in a free
packet of worms and round down all his prices if you're a regular because
there is that sense of camaraderie.

Seriously, this is what makes us fishermen. Walking into a fishing shop at
10:00am chatting for a while, then realising it's suddenly 1:00 pm, you've
got bills to pay, you haven't brought lunch yet and you had an appointment
at 12:00 but somehow you don't care has got to be almost as big a part of
fishing as fishing.

I'm sorry but no faceless corporation can ever hope to usurp the guys that
actually care about the sport (Well at least I'm hoping so.)

--
So it goes.

no....@no.junk.mail.net

Feb 21, 2001, 6:08:28 AM2/21/01
On 18 Feb 2001 16:25:42 GMT, rsto...@aol.comnospam (RStorm453) wrote:

>A few days ago I found myself... <sad story clipped>...hey get my trust.

>-----
>Family, Friends, Fishing
>Rob Storm

Gee Rob, it's a retail store staffed by kids and people who barely made it out
of high school making minimum wage. If you want short lines and quick personal
service go to a small privately owned sporting good shop. The prices will be
significantly higher (25 to 250 percent) but you'll get the level of service and
attention you desire.

You made a nice attempt to get a cheep rod for even cheeper price.
It didn't work out this time.
Get over it.

Jajwuth

Feb 21, 2001, 7:42:41 PM2/21/01
I find i can look at the tackle better at walmart than a small specialized
shop. You go in a small specialized shop there is diddlers sitting around
watching every step you make. I like to separate a commercial transaction from
a pure informative interaction. There is conflict here at times in this group
caused by the mix.

RStorm453

Feb 21, 2001, 9:28:11 PM2/21/01
>Strangely enough our local specialized store always ends up getting my
>money. Why? Because every time I walk into it I'm guaranteed at least an
>hour of fishing talk with the owner who I can see is just as nuts about
>fishing as I am

>I'm sorry but no faceless corporation can ever hope to usurp the guys that

>actually care about the sport

Hear! Hear! I could not agree more. As a matter of fact this afternoon, I
needed a spool of PowerPro line so I drove to Ace Tackle Shop in Austin. I had
guessed that the transaction would take five minutes or less, but the owner,
Doc Jensen, who is 88 years young, walked in and sure enough the next thing I
knew more than an hour had gone by. I love to talk to the old men who
pioneered our sport and who are in it for more that the money. I guess it
serves me right -- I'm referring to my unpleasant WallMart experience -- for
even darkening the door of one of the corporate giants.

-----
Family, Friends, Fishing
Rob Storm

http://www.stormsrestaurants.com

Brendan

Feb 21, 2001, 11:46:02 PM2/21/01

I swore I'd never get into an insulting match with you Al but this is too
much.

It must be the greasy, shirtless denim jacket look about you that inspires
mistrust in store keepers.
If I were to guess I'd say that nobody else gets this feeling. Maybe it's
simply because you just don't GET what fishing is about. Maybe if you
started up a real conversation involving fishing, you'd realise that these
"diddlers" you badmouth are some of the only genuinely pleasant and decent
people left on this planet.

You really have no clue do you?

--
So it goes.

Bob Rickard

Unknown

Feb 22, 2001, 4:43:19 AM2/22/01
wrote:

>A few days ago I found myself in a neighboring town. It was 7 p.m. and most of

>the regular stores had closed so. I had thirty minutes before I was to meet

>friends for dinner, so I decided to see what kind of deals I could find at the

>But it will be a long time before they get my trust.

>-----
>Family, Friends, Fishing
>Rob Storm

>http://www.stormsrestaurants.com

The few occasions that i do get up the nerve to go Wal-mart and fight
my way through the ailse,i always run into somebody i dont
like.........

Jajwuth

Feb 22, 2001, 6:52:29 PM2/22/01
In article <9725re$mu7$1...@nnrp01.ops.uunet.co.za>, "Brendan"
<nospam...@homail.com> writes:

>I swore I'd never get into an insulting match with you Al but this is too
>much.
>
>It must be the greasy, shirtless denim jacket look about you that inspires
>mistrust in store keepers.
>If I were to guess I'd say that nobody else gets this feeling. Maybe it's
>simply because you just don't GET what fishing is about. Maybe if you
>started up a real conversation involving fishing, you'd realise that these
>"diddlers" you badmouth are some of the only genuinely pleasant and decent
>people left on this planet.
>
>You really have no clue do you?
>

>--
>So it goes.

Brendon
Don't get your b#lls in an uproar over my observation about the diddlers in the
small specialized store. I went into a store and the owner is in the back
talking to the diddlers and i'm waiting for quick service. It's damn annoying.
It is like walking into someone's livingroom when your a paying customer .
Sometimes i feel that i don't want to hold back in my writing or i'll get
writer's cramp and creativity could be stiffled.So it is told like it is.There
are some that like to fish and others that like to talk to diddlers about
fishing. I'm not the latter so i'm not insulting anybody.

W00FUHgoofuh

Feb 22, 2001, 8:46:57 PM2/22/01
About 5 or 7 years ago wallmart came here to massachusetts. After a while I
went in to shop. Thought I was in a war zone. Every 5 min. there was an
anoucement to tape and record a section of the store.There is always someone to
say hi when you walk in, like I need that, but no one to help you with
anything.The walk from the parking lot was quite a distance The sporting good
are evan futher in the back of the store. Cameras all over the place. The lines
at the check-out were very slow.It took an hour and a half to get a repala. It
only takes 2 min elsewere. I guess thats worth $o.50 on a 5.00 lure.

Joz

Feb 22, 2001, 9:14:39 PM2/22/01
I can't stand going to either ;ocal Wal-Mart or K-Mart here in Indy. You
get to see the fat mom with three teeth and tight sweat pants on yelling
cuss words at her 3 yr old two aisles over wearing nothing but a diaper and
screaming. Always a great experience. Thank god I have a Galyan's to go to
for my fishing needs.

Jajwuth

Feb 22, 2001, 9:48:06 PM2/22/01
I notice at walmart the fishing section is quiet in comparison to the rest of
the store. It is like the eye of a hurricane. For a big department store it
seems to have an excellent selection of fishing gear. You often see women
buying presents for their husbands/boyfriends and they have asked me for some
advice on what to get them. With what is at walmart you can pretty well fish
for any kind of fish.You don't have to buy over the internet or at a huge
specialty store. I've never been to a bass pro store but i would probably get
lost, be awe struck and have my judgement impaired. I must admit there is some
goofy looking characters but if your a student of human nature you won't mind.

no....@no.junk.mail

Feb 22, 2001, 9:49:12 PM2/22/01
On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 05:24:14 GMT, "Bob Rickard"
<r.r.r...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Avoid those cheep spelling books next time, Ace.

yawn.

RichZ

Feb 23, 2001, 12:37:56 AM2/23/01
Jajwuth wrote:
> You often see women
> buying presents for their husbands/boyfriends and they have asked me for some
> advice on what to get them.

That makes you the resident diddler there, doesn't it, al?

> With what is at walmart you can pretty well fish
> for any kind of fish.

And even catch a few of them.

> I've never been to a bass pro store but i would probably get
> lost, be awe struck and have my judgement impaired.

Just a friendly suggestion, Al. Never use "lost", "awe struck" and "judgement
impaired" to describe yourself in message again. It is like a great, big
creampuff floating over home plate, and everyone in this newsgroup will feel
duty bound to try to knock that one clean out of the park. You might just as
well have put up a website with a flashing banner ad that says "please abuse
me."

RichZ©
www.richz.com

Unknown

Feb 23, 2001, 3:59:02 AM2/23/01
On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 00:37:56 EST, RichZ <r...@richz.com> wrote:

>Jajwuth wrote:
>> You often see women
>> buying presents for their husbands/boyfriends and they have asked me for some
>> advice on what to get them.
>
>That makes you the resident diddler there, doesn't it, al?
>
>> With what is at walmart you can pretty well fish
>> for any kind of fish.
>
>And even catch a few of them.

Man,it's bad enough going in there and having to fight through the
crowds,much less having them come up to you and start bugging you when
your trying to get what you want and get out,I'd have to start taking
paxil......

Jajwuth

Feb 23, 2001, 10:43:07 PM2/23/01

Rich
Okay in regard to your comment about diddling, i only feel that it is polite if
a woman asks me a question concerning tackle to answer her. I'm sure anybody in
this group would do the same. It also helps her boyfriend/husband who is likely
to be a fellow basser.
The creampuff stuff is not me. If i was a creampuff i wouldn't say it.

The RodMaker

Feb 27, 2001, 10:00:56 PM2/27/01
Amen!

--
~~~~
The RodMaker
"Brendan" <nospam...@homail.com> wrote in message

Unknown

Feb 28, 2001, 6:15:47 AM2/28/01

I've always felt more comfortable walking into the local tackle shop
than i ever have going to wal-mart.I walk into my local
wal-mart,automatically i feels like a criminal,i'm afraid to walk
around with a jacket on,or my hands in my pockets.When i shop at the
local shops,i feel at home,and yes i may have to wait on some of the
older guys to finish talking,or maybe pay a little more,but it beats
the crap out of the hassle of battling my way through wal-mart,and
having to deal with some zit faced punk who doesnt give a crap if im
satisfied or not.

Steve Huber

Feb 28, 2001, 1:16:59 PM2/28/01
I worked in a small tackle shop years ago. A guy came in the shop, looking
for a basic rig for general purpose fishing. After I showed him a couple
different setups, he told me that our prices were too high and left.

A couple hours later, he was back. He wanted me to show him how to cast his
new rod and reel. Figuring I could always sell him some lures or terminal
tackle, I went outside with him. He hauled a 9 foot fly rod out of his car,
screwed onto the handle was a baitcasting reel. I asked him who sold him
this mismatched combo and he told me the clerk at K-Mart. He wasn't amused
when I told him how badly matched up the setup was and that there was no way
in hell that he was going to be able to easily cast this mess.

He ended up buying what I suggested, thanking me profusely for the knowledge
and service that I provided. I always remember this when I pay a little
more at a "Mom & Pop" bait shop. You don't patronize these type of places
for the prices, you do for the service and the localized knowledge.
--
Steve @ G & S Guide Service http://www.herefishyfishy.com
.

Dan THE MAN Dow

Mar 1, 2001, 7:49:36 AM3/1/01
If you guys think Kmart and Walmart are bad there, come to Denver, home
of the "Power Bait Trout Fishing Association."

They have all cheap crap including a whole shelf of rubber worms that
never get sold. I happen to be friends with the sporting goods manager
and he informed me he can't order what he wants, only how much.

I am lucky to have a "Bass Pro Shop" outlet store? High Country Bass
Fishing, that sells anything out of Bass Pro and also stocks all the
"killer" stuff out of California you don't see very much of anywhere.

There is also a family bait shop a few miles away that I usually go to
and tell others about. The people that own it actually live in the back
of the store and do rod repairs and make many of the lures themselves.
They also have big fish contests and always know the local fishing
reports.

The only time I hit the big stores anymore is if I just need some hooks
or weights for fishing real quick. If I had a car instead of walking or
riding a bike, I'd stick to mom and pops.

Dan Dow

jugl...@webtv.net

Mar 3, 2001, 7:34:06 PM3/3/01

O-JUG=????The Catfishman

jugl...@webtv.net

Mar 3, 2001, 7:30:25 PM3/3/01

O-JUG=????The Catfishman

jugl...@webtv.net

Mar 3, 2001, 7:40:55 PM3/3/01

O-JUG=????The Catfishman

RStorm453

Mar 3, 2001, 10:25:07 PM3/3/01
>it jst takes a few asholes like you ?????????

Anyone know what this is about?

ABE WATSON

Mar 3, 2001, 10:54:53 PM3/3/01
What is this all about?? Anyone know??

Gone fishin
"Catch & Release"
Abe Watson

Jerry Barton

Mar 4, 2001, 12:44:37 AM3/4/01
Is this Al again ?

Bob Rickard

Bop Tista

Jan 7, 2023, 8:19:34 PM1/7/23
Buy polka dot shroom bars
Polkadot chocolate helps you conquer your day or make it an adventure depending on how you choose to dose. Polka dot magic belgian chocolate bars are not only delicious, but also very powerful. These mushroom chocolates are equivalent to 4 grams of Psilocybin & Psilocin from Psychedelic Mushrooms. Aside from the full-fledged high of eating a number of chocolates, these are helpful for those who are fans of microdosing, as the chocolate hide the fungi flavor and you can eat 1 square at a time. Now available here at affordable prices. Being the official producers and suppliers of polka dot chocolate bars, it has also come to our attention that magic mushrooms have been decriminalized in Washington, DC. Each bar contains 15 easily-breakable pieces.

Polka dot shroom bars review
To continue, this is 1 of the oldest and safest medicines in the world. This psilocybin and psilocin from psychedelic mushrooms reduces stress, depression, stimulate brain cell growth. She will also increase focus, and sharpen your senses.

POLKADOT CHOCOLATE DOSAGE

MICRODOSE: 1-3 PIECES. STIMULATE THE MIND.

THERAPEUTIC: 4-9 PIECES. MINDFUL AND ELEVATED.

GOD MODE: 10-15 PIECES. WALLS MIGHT MELT.

Micro dosing psychedelics is the practice of consuming very low, sub-hallucinogenic doses of a psychedelic substance. Substances such as lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), mushroom chocolates or psilocybin containing mushrooms. Polka dot shroom bars have different verities. Each flavor taste different since they all have different ingredients. With the Cinnamon toast crunch flavor, the main ingredients are mushrooms, a naturally flavored chocolate sweetened wheat and rice cereal with a hint of cinnamon. This mushroom chocolate bar has a sweet taste due to a whopping 17 grams of sugar and 6 grams of sugar that is present in the chocolate bar.

Polka dot chocolate bars at https://rythmsofficial.com/
Buy Polka dot chocolate bars
Buy trippy flip mushroom chocolates

We provide next-day overnight drop-off at your secured delivery address with no signature required. You don’t sign up for a package and delivery is 100% secured and guaranteed, 100% money back if anything happens with the package or the package not deliver, and with the help and confirmation from the delivery company, we reship within 4 days or refund money back if you will not like to use our services.
Phone N0: +15156614951

https://rythmsofficial.com/product/polka-dot-mushroom-bars/

where to buy mushroom chocolate

buy mushroom chocolate bar

where can i buy mushroom chocolate

buy mushroom chocolate

where to buy mushroom chocolate bars

buy mushroom chocolate bars

where can you buy mushroom chocolate

can you buy mushroom chocolate i colorado

can you buy mushroom chocolate

how to buy mushroom chocolate