Highlander III? Ick - Ironheart?

4 views
Skip to first unread message

Dennis Clark

unread,
Feb 3, 1995, 12:54:41 PM2/3/95
to
We've all seen the thumbnail revues of HIII, (I like the Snore cerer 8*),
but a preview before that movie had a new Mel Gibson Movie - although they
didn't place the story in the preview, I had heard of it earlier. Ironheart.
Ironheart supposedly is the story of William Wallace, the man who _really_
started the Scottish rebellion against Edward I. This story is right square
on top of my personna and time period - I'm hyped. I shall cross my fingers
and see how they do it, the preview looked pretty good - but they all do...

Kevin...waiting...
--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Dennis Clark (303)229-4313 telnet 1-229-4313 email d...@fc.hp.com |
| Hewlett Packard WSY Perf. Lab, 3404 East Harmony Rd. Ft. Collins CO 80525 |
| Be well, Do good work, stay in touch -- Garrison Keillor |
------------------------------CUT HERE----------------------------------------

David Salley

unread,
Feb 5, 1995, 5:52:31 PM2/5/95
to
Kevin...waiting...

> Ironheart supposedly is the story of William Wallace, the man who _really_
> started the Scottish rebellion against Edward I. This story is right square
> on top of my personna and time period - I'm hyped. I shall cross my fingers
> and see how they do it, the preview looked pretty good - but they all do...

Ya know, you sound like I did when I heard that they were making a movie
titled _The War of the Roses_, "Oh boy, my persona's time period!" ;-) ;-)

- Dagonell

SCA Persona : Lord Dagonell Collingwood of Emerald Lake, CSC, CK, CTr
Habitat : East Kingdom, AEthelmearc Principality, Rhydderich Hael Barony
Disclaimer : A society that needs disclaimers has too many lawyers.
Internet : sal...@cs.canisius.edu (Please use this, reply may not work.)
USnail-net : David P. Salley, 136 Shepard Street, Buffalo, New York 14212-2029
Movie Double Feature : "Hurricane" and "Gone With the Wind"
(Contributed by multiple submitters)

s.krossa

unread,
Feb 7, 1995, 1:57:01 PM2/7/95
to
David Salley (sal...@niktow.canisius.edu) wrote:
: Kevin...waiting...

: > Ironheart supposedly is the story of William Wallace, the man who _really_
: > started the Scottish rebellion against Edward I. This story is right square
: > on top of my personna and time period - I'm hyped. I shall cross my fingers
: > and see how they do it, the preview looked pretty good - but they all do...

: Ya know, you sound like I did when I heard that they were making a movie
: titled _The War of the Roses_, "Oh boy, my persona's time period!" ;-) ;-)

: - Dagonell

Don't get too excited guys -- I saw one interview where the star (Mel Gibson?)
said, after talking about how 'authentic' they had made it, said they had given
it an upbeat ending... How exactly do you make being the first person to be
hung, drawn, and quartered an upbeat ending????? The mind boggles, but I look
forward to having a good laugh where they didn't intend it just as I did with
Highlander and the K.Hepburn version of Mary Queen of Scots...
If you can't take the world having the bizzarest ideas about your topic, don't
become a Scottish Medievalist!

Sharon Krossa, s.kr...@aberdeen.ac.uk

Meli ferch Iasper (Sharon Henderson)

unread,
Feb 16, 1995, 9:58:46 AM2/16/95
to
In article <3gtql1$j...@tadpole.fc.hp.com>, d...@fc.hp.com (Dennis Clark)
writes:

> We've all seen the thumbnail revues of HIII, (I like the Snore
> cerer 8*), but a preview before that movie had a new Mel Gibson
> Movie - although they didn't place the story in the preview, I had
> heard of it earlier. Ironheart. Ironheart supposedly is the story
> of William Wallace, the man who _really_ started the Scottish
> rebellion against Edward I. This story is right square on top of
> my personna and time period - I'm hyped. I shall cross my fingers and
> see how they do it, the preview looked pretty good - but they all do...
>
> Kevin...waiting...

Me too!!! I can hardly wait to see the armor and the garb .... not to mention
how well/how badly they pull off some of the battles .... 8-)

But if I really got my wish, regarding the era of Edw.1, it would be for a
really GOOD, really historically ACCURATE, carefully done scripting of Edith
Pargeter's "Brothers of Gwynedd" quartet. Ms. Pargeter is the "mother" of
Brother Cadfael, writing under her pseudonym of Ellis Peters ....

Amusing note, in the first book in the quartet one of the characters is called
to leave the Abbey where he's been getting his schooling, and where he fully
expects to take orders and never leave. The Abbot in charge is Abbot Cadfael
.... the book came out in 1974, a few years before the first _Brother_
Cadfael story.

Sigh .... if I ever win the lottery big-time, maybe I could bankroll such a
production! Think of it .... SCAdians as extras in all the court scenes and
battles .... ooooooh.....

Dreamin',
Meli


st...@giant.intranet.com

unread,
Feb 16, 1995, 4:43:27 PM2/16/95
to
> d...@fc.hp.com (Dennis Clark)
> writes:
>
>> Ironheart. Ironheart supposedly is the story
>> of William Wallace, the man who _really_ started the Scottish
>> rebellion against Edward I.

I think the title is 'Braveheart.'

sa

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages