Dorothea of Caer-Myrddin has passed on

Nikolai Petrovich

Jul 11, 2022, 8:04:05 PM7/11/22
From another newsgroup comes the following {begin quote}

Consistent with her wishes, I am including the following.

-------------

To my family, friends, and anyone else interested:

After I have died, tell anyone anything you like, ending with this
text:

Cynthia, widow of Demetrius Duilius Artifex (and of Komi, son of
Endreigon, the only husband she had loved, and of Demodoros, whom
no one remembered any more), sat dying in her bed.

Her daughters, granddaughters, and the household servants were caring
for her as she could no longer care for them, but she slipped out
through the soles of her feet and into the depths of the earth.

The place had not changed much since she had seen it last: its grey
colors had faded a trifle, and the stream that had flowed between
her and Komi had stopped moving: frozen, perhaps? But she was dead
now, and could cross it.

The silent dead sat among the trees, the spirits of men and gods
and perhaps others, though if her friends the Qualities were
here, they too had faded. But two remembered morning stars still
shone, Komi's eyes, and she found a place to sit beside him. No
one spoke; perhaps it was unlawful, or maybe just impossible.

But something that might have been time passed, and now a light
shone from the east, filling earth and air with color, and a grat
chorus of voices: LIFT UP YOUR HEADS, YOU GATES, AND BE LIFTED
UP, YOU EVERLASTING DOORS, THAT THE KING OF GLORY MAY COME IN.

who is the King of Glory?

THE LORD OF HOSTS: HEIS THE KING OF GLORY

(save to file)

{end quote}

Memory Eternal.
--
Nikolai Petrovich Flandropoff
Seneschal of Canton Bearwood

Dorothy J Heydt

Jul 11, 2022, 8:33:14 PM7/11/22
In article <h1epchl3infmu1uom...@4ax.com>,
(Hal Heydt/Hal Ravn)
She died on 28 June 2022 from ALS.

We were married for 51 years. I do not have the words to express
how much I miss her.

Todd Rich

Jul 12, 2022, 2:42:29 PM7/12/22
Dorothy J Heydt <djh...@kithrup.com> wrote:
(snip)
> (Hal Heydt/Hal Ravn)
> She died on 28 June 2022 from ALS.

> We were married for 51 years. I do not have the words to express
> how much I miss her.

I recenly had a chance to tell her story of how the SCA got its name.

As someone who only had a chance to meet her for a few short years, her
impression on my memory was great.

You are in my thoughts.

Torin Ironbrow (Todd Rich)
Living in the lands of the East.