Fubba-wubba

1 view

Mario...@a.nl.cs.cmu.edu

Apr 22, 1992, 2:45:00 AM4/22/92
I tried to send this privately to pet...@polari.com, but it bounced.
Sorry if it turns out to be redundant.

Probably you've already got this info by now, but just in case:
Fubba-wubba stands for "Fat Ugly Broad With A Bad Attitude", also known
as Fub's for short.

As a Companion of the Pelican (albeit an underweight one, by general
agreement--they gave me rocks at my vigil just to make sure the Peerage
would "take"), I kind of find this offensive since it pretty well fits
the stereotype of a Pelican (at least in "Eastern Rite" kingdoms.)
On the other hand, it's a wonderfully succint term for a type that
everyone meets sooner or later--it's just that it encourages
stereotyping, which is often unwarranted and inaccurate.

Cheers,

--Marian Greenleaf

Dave Aronson

Apr 22, 1992, 8:16:14 PM4/22/92
Mario...@a.nl.cs.cmu.EDU writes:

> Probably you've already got this info by now, but just in case:
> Fubba-wubba stands for "Fat Ugly Broad With A Bad Attitude",

Alternately, F U Bitch W A B A; I've heard this one more often.