Nude beaches lake Erie

rri...@ibm.net

Jun 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/2/95
In <3qg65e$a...@usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu>, aa...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Jeffry Gerber) writes:

>mee too... lake Erie, PA, OH, NY locations...

I've long felt that we should have some North Coast nude
beaches, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything
available on the south shore of Lake Erie.

I'd love to see an area established there for nude use, but
that's not a trivial undertaking. It seems to me that the best
approach would be to find a genuinely out of the way, rarely
used beach area and then to claim it for nude use, but I'm
really not aware of any suitable spots in northeastern Ohio.

The state parks might be a possibility over time, depending on
the legal climate. Edgewater beach already accepts topfree use,
though it is rarely seen there. The far west end of the beach
might be a possibility for discrete nude use.

Mentor Headlands beach is big enough to tolerate a small nude
section, though none exists now. The far east portion, away
from the lifeguarded area (in front of the dunes) would be the
most likely section. That section of the Headlands beach is
lightly used most of the time.

Rightfully, the new state beach in Euclid (whatever it's called)
would be the best choice, as it has a long history of nude use.
Unfortunately, that nude use came to an abrupt end when the
state decided to develop the park. There used to be a little
overgrown path that wound through the woods for a quarter mile
before coming to a beautiful unused beach. Countless folks used
that beach for skinny-dipping in the 70s and 80s, but now the
state has replaced the overgrown path with a driveway, parking
lots, streetlights, and lifeguards, and so we lost an ideal
spot. Still, the middle section of that park, east of the
lifeguarded area, and west of the marina, might make a possible
place for nude use if someone were brave enough to liberate it.
In fact, there was talk of appropriating a nude section of that
park when it first opened - apparently some officials felt an
obligation to the many nude users who were being displaced. I
think that obligation remains unmet on the shores of Lake Erie.

I'm not advocating any action now, especially with HB188 still
hanging over our heads here in Ohio. Until that bill is
successfully laid to rest, I think it unwise to challenge
anyone's idea of approprate use of these state beaches. But in
the long run, I sure would love to see it.

scr...@lmsmgr.lerc.nasa.gov

Jun 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/2/95
In article <3qmqkj$o...@news-s01.ca.us.ibm.net>, rri...@ibm.net writes...

>In <3qg65e$a...@usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu>, aa...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Jeffry Gerber) writes:
>
>>mee too... lake Erie, PA, OH, NY locations...
>
>I've long felt that we should have some North Coast nude
>beaches, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything
>available on the south shore of Lake Erie.
>
>I'd love to see an area established there for nude use, but
>that's not a trivial undertaking. It seems to me that the best
>approach would be to find a genuinely out of the way, rarely
>used beach area and then to claim it for nude use, but I'm
>really not aware of any suitable spots in northeastern Ohio.

The Lake Erie shoreline is rather heavily developed, plus
erosion control measures practiced along the lake are rather
hard on beaches.

>Mentor Headlands beach is big enough to tolerate a small nude
>section, though none exists now. The far east portion, away
>from the lifeguarded area (in front of the dunes) would be the
>most likely section. That section of the Headlands beach is
>lightly used most of the time.

Maybe on weekdays, but on weekends Headlands Beach gets big
crowds, and even the east end gets a fair number of people.

A better possibility would be Geneva State Park, north of Geneva,
OH. Just west of the main swimming beach (Breakwater Beach)
there is a stretch of virtually unused beach. Still, this is
in a state park, so CO use probably should be discrete as long
as HB 188 is alive.

Reportedly some use the strip of rocks along the lake near
the Ford plant on the west side of Lorain for nude sunbathing,
but I haven't seen them. I wouldn't consider it a very desirable
spot.

Mark R. Myers

Jun 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/11/95

>A better possibility would be Geneva State Park, north of Geneva,
>OH. Just west of the main swimming beach (Breakwater Beach)
>there is a stretch of virtually unused beach. Still, this is
>in a state park, so CO use probably should be discrete as long
>as HB 188 is alive.
>
>Reportedly some use the strip of rocks along the lake near
>the Ford plant on the west side of Lorain for nude sunbathing,
>but I haven't seen them. I wouldn't consider it a very desirable
>spot.

One other area I have heard of is the eastern causeway leading into
Cedar Point in Sandusky. I used to work at Cedar Point, and many of
the employees would go out there for a nude swim. I never went there
myself, but a friend of mine used to go all the time. They would go at
night, so that might be a drag to some. He said that it was so fun to
go at night, because of tan lines, everyone seemed to have white
bathing suits on!
Hope this helps.

Karl-Heinz Beckers

Jun 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/16/95
Mark R. Myers (mrm...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

: >A better possibility would be Geneva State Park, north of Geneva,

Steve M

Apr 16, 2022, 9:37:36 AM4/16/22
There is a really good place just of conneaut Ohio it's called the state game lands all kinds of private beaches I've been naked there a bunch of times
East of the Ohio line

Idlehands

Apr 16, 2022, 2:08:22 PM4/16/22
I am sure the OP has been waiting 27 years, holding his breath, for this
fascinating answer.

--
The very powerful and very stupid have one thing in common. They don't
alter their views to match the facts.

They alter the facts to match their views.

Doctor Who The Face of Evil, Part 4, January 22, 1977
(Binky couldn't name the episode)