FAQ: NUDE SPOTS IN SOUTHERN ONTARIO

Themmis Anno / Ruth vonFuchs

Jul 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/9/95

Here are some nudist camps in Southern Ontario:
If anyone knows of any others,
or if you have any additional details/updates
please let me know and I will keep this posting up-to-date

near NIAGARA:

Lilly Valley Park
1863 Pettit Rd. Fort Erie ON. 905-871-4208
2 hectares
Open 15 May - 30 Sept.

near TORONTO:

Glen Echo Park
just S. of the town of Pottageville 905-939-7736
( between Hwy 400 and 27 , near Aurora )
40 hectares
Open all year

Ponderosa Nature Resort
Near Freelton ON
on Concession #8, W of Hwy #6 905-659-3410
40 hectares
Open all year

Four Seasons Naturist resort
Near Freelton ON 905-659-7784
Just North of Freelton, just East of Hwy #6
16 hectares
Open all year

near LONDON:

Sunny Glades Nature Park
SW of the town of Bothwell ( Hwy 79 and 2 ) 519-695-3619
38 hectares
Open all year

FREE BEACHES in Southern Ontario:

These are not officially recognized nude areas.
They are spots where you can practise nudism if you are reasonably
discreet.

---- on LAKE ERIE

---- PORT BURWELL PROVINCIAL PARK, Port Burwell ON ----
( This used to be called Iroquois Beach. )

The Park offers camping as well as day-use facilities.
The sandy beach extends for some three kilometers.
The popular, accessible, crowded spot is on the east end near the
breakwater.
If you walk westwards, traffic diminishes rapidly.
We have practiced nude bathing, sunning and games there several times
each summer and the few passers by are not bothered - some are actually
congenial. The beach is very wide so that there is room for keeping out
of the way and for ball games.

Beyond the western boundary of the park the beach is on private land
and thus not subject to park rules. Nude bathing there is tolerated
as long as there is no indication of gay/lesbian activity.

Proper etiquette about garbage, noise, etc should be observed.

---- on LAKE HURON

---- IPPERWASH PROVINCIAL PARK North of Sarnia ----

The Park itself is small, popular and therefore crowded but it offers
camping facilities.

Just north of the park there is a 4 km stretch of sandy beach.
It is part of the Canadian Army Base but the beach is open to the
public. ( Do not go inland, it is tresspassing ).
In spite of the crowds at the park nearby very few people use this part
of the beach - mainly joggers or dog-walkers - and we have practised
nude activities there with no one objecting.
On one occasion we were suddenly surrounded by a platoon of soldiers on
assault exercises, but they kept about there business and carried on
without incident.

---- on LAKE ONTARIO

----SANDBANKS PROVINCIAL PARK near Trenton-Bellville

The Park has two sections separate from each other.
The East sector has the main camp site and is the popular and crowded
spot. The West sector is much more quiet. It offers 7 km of shore on
Lake Ontario Half of it is sandy. The estern end of this stretch, near
the parking lot, is the popular spot. If you walk a few hundred meters
west, traffic is scant. We have practised nude activities there
regularly, without interference.

Inland, behind the beach there are several thousand hectares of sand
dunes. They offer wonderfull opportunities for hiking, exploring, or
sheltering from the wind on chilly days.

------------------------------
From: ric...@West.Sun.COM (Richard M. Mathews)
Subject: PORT DOVER, Ont

POTENTIAL CO BEACH NEAR PORT DOVER, ONTARIO:

As of June, '94, an attempt is being made to to establish this beach as
CO. This may or many not be successful. Use at your own risk.

Directions to potential CO Beach near Port Dover

From Toronto area: Go west on the QEW through Burlington to Hwy 403.
Take Hwy 403 past Hamilton to Fiddler's Green. Exit at Fiddler's Green
and turn right at the lights. Follow the signs for Hamilton/Mount Hope
Airport to Hwy 6. Take Hwy 6 to Port Dover. (Hwy 6 south of Jarvis is
under construction. Turn right at the lights in Jarvis and follow the
detour signs into Port Dover as necessary.)

From Port Dover: Follow Main Street or Radical Road out of town to the
west. You are now driving parallel to Lake Erie. Turn left (toward the
lake) at Blue Line Road, approx. 4 km out of Port Dover. Follow Blue
Line Road to it's end. There will be a small pumping station on your
right. Park your car here. Walk straight toward the water and down
the hill. As you get toward the bottom there will be a small structure
on your right guarded on two sides by very large tires. Turn right and
walk above this structure. When you get past the tires, you are there!

Elapsed time - depending on where you started in TO, approx. two hours.
From Burlington, approx. 1 1/4 hours.

Recommendations:

First, follow all the usual CO beach etiquette rules.

Second, since this beach is occasionally used by people other than
nudists, PLEASE put up some sort of sign similar to the one I do:
CLOTHING OPTIONAL AHEAD - NUDITY MAY BE ENCOUNTERED. ***
It is my strong hope that this will give anyone approaching the beach
enough warning to make an informed choice about their use of the beach.
(The beach to the left of the tires is, in fact, a nicer beach so no one
who chooses not to use the CO side should feel cheated in any way.) It
may also put us in a more defensible position should local officialdom
choose to get involved at some point. Put signs on the path immediately
above the tire structure (there is a nice little sandy spot about 2/3 of
the way along) AND below, near where the point of the structure meets the
water. This will catch those just walking along the beach.

Third, HAVE FUN!

Hope to see you there.
[Original from Bill Woodley <rn....@rose.com>]

------------------------------

*** (Comment from Themmis:)

I don't think that WARNING signs are a good idea.
I prefer to promote the attitude that being nude on secluded beach in
the summer is normal and appropriate so no *WARNING* is necessary.
Accordingly we prefer to stay out in plain view, not hide in bushes or
behind other objects, so that other visitors can see us from a distance
and proceed or not, as they prefer.

Dave Deacon

Jul 12, 2018, 8:33:31 AM7/12/18

I'm in the Hamilton area. Having made the trip to Port Burwell a couple of times, I'm wondering if there are any unofficial nude beaches closer to Hamilton? I'm not really interested in the clubs like Ponderosa.

Thanks,

Dave

Colonel Edmund J. Burke

Jul 12, 2018, 11:58:34 AM7/12/18
Thanks for the list.
Now I have more places to publicly beat my meat.

Bruce Toy

Jan 30, 2024, 8:54:57 AMJan 30
On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 11:58:34 AM UTC-4, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
> Thanks for the list.
> Now I have more places to publicly beat my meat.
Sadly it is people as yourself that gives naturism a bad name….like who says this? Don’t ruin it for everyone else by saying what you said….