Embarrassing childhood experiences

Brian Green

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
I was just curious if anyone else had any embarrassing moments involving
nudity as a child or teenager (maybe occuring at home, school, camp, the
YMCA, the pool, the doctors, etc.) I wasn't a nudist which probably made
these types of incidents even more embarrassing. I'll share a true
incident from my childhood.

One of my most embarrassing moments as a child occurred when I was about
10. It was Spring and twice a week I was taking swimming lessons from a
woman named Donna who gave lessons at the pool at her home. It wasn't my
idea to take swimming lessons and I wasn't real crazy about them. I was
always trying to get out of going. The lessons were my mom's idea. Anyway,
my mom would come straight from work and pick me up at school at take me
straight to my swim lessons on days that I had them. I always just packed
my swim trunks and a towel in the bottom of my book bag and carried them
with me for the day so that I could change into them once I got to my
swim lessons.

Well one day I got the bright idea that if maybe if I accidently forgot
to to take my swimsuit and towel that I could get out of my swim lessons
for that day. I had it all planned perfectly. When we drove up to the
house I took lessons at, I would start fumbling through my bag and
realize that I had forgot my swimsuit and towel. It would be too late and
too far to go back home and get them in time to get back.
It seemed like a great plan until I tried it. My mom got really pissed.
She pretty much knew I had done it on purpose, but I thought there's
nothing she can do about it now except yell at me. She told me to stay in
the car and she went up to the house. I thought she would simply tell
Donna that I couldn't take my swim lessons today since I forgot my stuff
and we'd be on our way home.

My mom came back to the car, but instead of leaving, she told me to come
in the house. Usually when I got there, I'd go into the bathroom and put
on my swim trunks. Well on this day when we walked in, my mom said
something like, "Well even though you forgot your trunks, Donna's going
to be nice enough to give you your lesson any anyway. She'll let ya wear
your birthday suit today". I just about died. She told me to hurry up and
go in the bathroom and get ready. Well I didn't have much choice so I
went in the bathroom and undressed. Mom was yelling at me to hurry up. So
I finally walked out stark naked. My mom and Donna were standing in the
living room. And, of course, since I didn't bring my towel, I had nothing
to cover up with. Athough my mom had seen me naked plently of times, it
had been a while. I guess by age 10 i Didn't feel real comfortable with
her seeing me naked. But having a woman such as Donna see me was just
totally embarrassing. Well we went on out to the pool and my swimming
lessons, except fot the fact that I was naked, proceeded as usual for
about an hour. Although it seemed alot longer than that.

Needless to say, I never forgot my swimtrunks again. Looking back on this
now it seems very humorous. But at the time, it sure didn't seem funny.
Well, I'd be curious to hear any experiences others had when they were
young.

Richard Kenner

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
In article <764b8j$37uc$1...@newssvr04-int.news.prodigy.com> PQL...@prodigy.com (Brian Green) writes:
>I was just curious if anyone else had any embarrassing moments involving
>nudity as a child or teenager (maybe occuring at home, school, camp, the
>YMCA, the pool, the doctors, etc.) I wasn't a nudist which probably made
>these types of incidents even more embarrassing. I'll share a true
>incident from my childhood.

Jim Cunningham's Magazine, Naturist Life International, has a regular
column with such stories. It's one of the few thinks I enjoy about
that magazine.

Ronald Emerson

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
I hope the water was not cold. Cold water can cause Shinkage! Just ask
Seinfeld!

Ronald Emerson

Seahawk

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
Shinkage? Isn't that sort of like chicken in German?

Seahawkopolis

Bill Arnett

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
In article <368b7c5f...@news.wxs.nl>, nate...@wxs.nl wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 02:07:28 GMT, fro...@hotmail.com wrote in
> rec.nude:
>
> >They must have had their eyes closed, or been looking in the wrong direction,
> >or something, but they suddenly realized that the boys were right there, and
> >had been for who-knows-how-long. All the girls were very embarrassed, and my
> >sister tells me that none of them would even have considered removing their
> >tops in front of these boys.
>
> Hypocrites, those girls.

Perhaps, but it's also quite normal for people to be more daring when they
aren't worried about witnesses. It's okay in front of strangers because they
can be forgotten as soon as the trip is over.

Bill.
--
Clothing-Optional British Columbia
http://home.istar.ca/~barnett/cobc.shtml

Wayne...@css.mot.com

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98

PQL...@prodigy.com (Brian Green) wrote:
> I was just curious if anyone else had any embarrassing moments involving
> nudity as a child or teenager (maybe occuring at home, school, camp, the
> YMCA, the pool, the doctors, etc.) I wasn't a nudist which probably made
> these types of incidents even more embarrassing. I'll share a true
> incident from my childhood.

A former girlfriend had run away from her dysfunctional parents when she was
14 and lived with her older brother in Oregon. The brother lived in a rural
area on the bank of a river. One warm summer day she had walked a ways
downstream and decided to swim in an area that was not visible from any
houses. She removed her clothes and put them on a rock on the river bank.
While she was swimming her clothes somehow fell into the river, perhaps
caused by a gust of wind or a wave of water. Her clothes were long gone by
the time she noticed. She walked naked about half a mile back to her
brother's house. The walk took her though several back yards, and there was
a large party going on in the back yard of one the houses. She said she
wasn't too traumatized because the people were strangers, not friends. It's
interesting how anonymity can reduce one's fear and inhibition.

Wayne Estes
Mundelein, IL, USA

fro...@hotmail.com

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
In article <764b8j$37uc$1...@newssvr04-int.news.prodigy.com>,
PQL...@prodigy.com (Brian Green) wrote:
> I was just curious if anyone else had any embarrassing moments involving
> nudity as a child or teenager (maybe occuring at home, school, camp, the
> YMCA, the pool, the doctors, etc.) I wasn't a nudist which probably made
> these types of incidents even more embarrassing. I'll share a true
> incident from my childhood.

I don't have a personal story to share, but my sister (who is not a nudist)
once told me one that happened to her.

The summer before her senior year in high school, she travelled with a co-ed
group of friends (three males and three females, I think) to Europe.

One day, in Greece, the boys went off to do something. (As it turns out,
they went to ogle topless women on the beach, but they told the girls
something else.) The girls decided to go to the beach. (Maybe it was the
hotel pool. It has been a while since I heard the story.) Since the other
women in the area were topless, and there was nobody around that they knew,
they decided to "live on the edge" and took their tops off.

They must have had their eyes closed, or been looking in the wrong direction,
or something, but they suddenly realized that the boys were right there, and
had been for who-knows-how-long. All the girls were very embarrassed, and my
sister tells me that none of them would even have considered removing their
tops in front of these boys.

RSRLI

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98
I remember during jr. high sometimes a boy would get one of those spontaneous
erections during our swim class. Nude swim class, that is.

new2nude

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98
Hey Brian I read your post and decided to delurk long enough to respond. I
think I was raised til about age 10 or 11 to be a family nudist, but when
divorce and remarriage left me with a stepfather I wanted no part of being
nude around the house any more. My new stepfather decided that I was too
bashful and arranged a few situations where I would be coerced to be nude
or in my underwear around him. Once was when my school clothes weren't dry
and I was forced to sit at the breakfast table undressed when everyone else
was clothed; once on a fishing trip when I was coerced to change out of my
swim suit in the front of the boat in the middle of the lake. Another time
I ran out of TP and his "only" option was to throw open the bathroom door
and hand it to me personally. Sounds a little sick to look back at it now,
I remember how ashamed I felt. I think those incidents set me back in my
acceptance of my body as something to be proud of. Anyway, I became
hyper-bashful, especially where nudity was concerned, it affected me at
camp, in PE classes and in athletics during Jr High. Then when I was in
the hospital for knee surgery, nurse Ratchett comes with a really long
skinny tube and says she's gonna "help" me go to the bathroom. I told her
I knew where the urinal was. Anyway after a LOT of pleading I was held
down and catheterized against my will. I reached new depths of shame.
That didn't help with the control/privacy stuff too much. So now, I'm
looking to get more into nudism! So far, it's been the coolest thing. I
went to a place called Wild Wood here in North TX and they were so
accepting and nice to me, which is nice, seeing as I'm a single guy (seems
as though some single guys get snubbed be some places). Anyway, they
seemed eager to have me back and I had a blast! Hope this helps you in
some way; it's felt good to get it off my chest!

Brian Green <PQL...@prodigy.com> wrote in article
<764b8j$37uc$1...@newssvr04-int.news.prodigy.com>...

naturelover

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98
Seahawk wrote:

> Shinkage? Isn't that sort of like chicken in German?
>
> Seahawkopolis
I was always liked walking round naked as a child an I was 13 or 14
before I started to become self consious although I don't ever recall
being embarrassed by been seen nude I think I just slowly grew out of
being nude and wanted to impress the girls with my fashion wear(of the
seventies yuk). Ofcoarse I was always looking to get into a naked
situation with any girl in my teen years I could if you get my drift.

H Q C

---== http://www.newsfeeds.com - Largest Usenet Server In The World! ==---

---== http://www.newsfeeds.com - Largest Usenet Server In The World! ==---

CTNudists

Jan 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/2/99

In article <368E4E0B...@turbonet.com>, "Lee S. Richardson"
<ele...@turbonet.com> writes:

>Fritz wrote:
>
>> ...Wayne_Estes wrote...:

>> >While she was swimming her clothes somehow

>> >fell into the river. ... She walked naked about half

>> >a mile back to her brother's house.
>>

>> There is a similar story in a novel titled "de Witte
>> van Sichem", unknown author, probably Belgian.
>> Some boys had gone swimming ... and the boy
>> had to walk home naked.
>
> There was also a similar scene in an old French
> movie, where a young man lost his clothes at the
> beach and had to walk home, wearing only a hat.

For yet another telling of this same story, see the Autumn 1998 issue of
"British Naturism" magazine (BN137). Elizabeth Elcoate-Gilbert, star of
numerous naturist films in the 1950's, recounts her experiences with film
director Craven Walker while making the pioneer naturist film "Travelling
Light."

Early one hot morning in 1959 on location in Corsica, Elcoate-Gilbert left the
campsite dressed in shorts, shirt and sandals, and headed up the road to meet
some of their party who would be driving out from Porto Vecchio. Having walked
several miles without seeing her friends on the road, Elizabeth spotted a
little pool and climbed down to swim in it, leaving her clothes near the road
so that her friends might see them and know she was nearby.

When she returned to reclaim her clothes after swimming, they were, of course,
gone. Her friends were nowhere in sight.

Elizabeth made the long walk back to camp - nude. On her way, she hurried past
several farms and encountered only one woman, who gestured wildly and lectured
her in French. It was a language that Elizabeth Elcoate-Gilbert didn't
understand, which she admitted later was "perhaps just as well."

Bob Morton

Lee S. Richardson

Jan 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/2/99

Fritz wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 20:13:23 GMT, Wayne...@css.mot.com wrote in
> rec.nude:

> >While she was swimming her clothes somehow fell into the river, perhaps
> >caused by a gust of wind or a wave of water. Her clothes were long gone by

> >the time she noticed. She walked naked about half a mile back to her

> >brother's house.
>
> There is a similar story in a novel titled "de Witte van Sichem",
> unknown author, probably Belgian.
>

> Some boys had gone swimming, although their parents did not allow it.
> One of the boys saw his mother coming, so he fled away and hid. The
> mother came, she didn't see her son, but she did see his clothes. She
> took the clothes home with her, and the boy had to walk home naked.

There was also a similar scene in an old French movie, where a young man lost

his clothes at the beach and had to walk home, wearing only a hat. The scene
that sticks in my mind is him meeting a couple of young ladies he knew. He was
using his hat to conceal his "jingly bits", and one of the ladies commented how
impolite he was to not tip his hat. L.

BChris1998

Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
Can you the picture send me

Peter Ferguson

Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99

Brian Green wrote:

> Needless to say, I never forgot my swimtrunks again. Looking back on this
> now it seems very humorous. But at the time, it sure didn't seem funny.
> Well, I'd be curious to hear any experiences others had when they were
> young.

Well being 10 i guess you have very little leverage, but I would've
demanded that 'Donna' go in her birthday suit as well..

Hmm, you couldn't just use your underwear ?

Jas...@aol.com

Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
I've posted this before, but it's been a while, and most of you probably have
no idea who I am anyway.

When I was 10 or 12 my mother and I went on a backpacking trip with my aunt,
uncle, and their two daughters. We stopped at a small lake one afternoon and
my aunt and uncle got naked and went swimming. (It was well known among the
extended-family that this family skinny dipped together in a creek near their
house.) I thought it looked very inviting, and asked my mother if I could
try. She said yes, and I undressed and gingerly made my way to the cold
mountain lake.

One of my cousins upon seeing my prepubescent "boyhood" began laughing and
pointing at me. I was so embarrassed that I put my clothes back on and didn't
try skinny dipping again that trip. However, my aunt and uncle did, and I
continued to think it was very cool; also, I don't remember my cousins skinny
dipping at all during that trip.

- Jasen.

Peter Ferguson

Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99

Fritz wrote:

> When I was eight I was on summer vacation with a group of scouts. We
> were supposed to undress for bedtime, and I did so, hiding behind my
> bag. Another boy saw it and laughed at me. From that time I never hid
> anymore. The next year I laughed at the tenderfeet who were
> embarrassed.

This reminds me of Grade 6, we had to start taking showers in Gym (and
curiously, we didn't have to in grade 7 or 8 either.. hmmm) anyways..
Our teacher mentioned that if we wished we could bring swim trunks to
shower in. (I guess he saw some of our worried looks when mentioned
this.)

Well the time for Gym finally arrived, and everyone but one kid went
naked into the showers. And that kid was teased so much for it, I wonder
why he kept wearing his swim trunks, I guess the teasing wasn't as bad
as the nakedness.

Another strange thing, most of the guys kept eyes forward, finished
rather quickly and got dressed, while one guy would show off his 'jingly
bits' as someone earlier mentioned. Usually by thrusting his lower half
so his penis would fling up and down... Other kids laughed, while myself
and others rolled their eyes and got dressed and left...

On a side note, it always seemed strange that the female washrooms had
curtains for their showers.. When I asked people about this, including
my teacher. I was told "That girls are more self-concious about their
bodies then boys are, and so they are given curtains." What BS.... I
remember those looks on my friends as we all disrobed in front of each
other...
We were pretty self-concious too... everyone else wondering who would be
the brave soul to go first...

BChris1998

Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
Please send me pictures

BChris1998

Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
DO you have some pictures ?

La...@digiscape.com

Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
Similar to an incident in my youth. At about age 12 me, my brother and a friend
decided to skinny dip in a pond. Just as we were getting in we were "caught" by
the friend's father and his two younger sisters. (The oldest was about 9) We had
to get dressed in front of them and the story went around both families with the
intent, I believe, being to embarrass us out of doing it again.

Fritz wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 20:13:23 GMT, Wayne...@css.mot.com wrote in
> rec.nude:
>
> >While she was swimming her clothes somehow fell into the river, perhaps
> >caused by a gust of wind or a wave of water. Her clothes were long gone by
> >the time she noticed. She walked naked about half a mile back to her
> >brother's house.
>
> There is a similar story in a novel titled "de Witte van Sichem",
> unknown author, probably Belgian.
>
> Some boys had gone swimming, although their parents did not allow it.
> One of the boys saw his mother coming, so he fled away and hid. The
> mother came, she didn't see her son, but she did see his clothes. She
> took the clothes home with her, and the boy had to walk home naked.
>

> ===
> Could it be possible, in the long run, to wear clothes without learning
> modesty, and through modesty lasciviousness? (C.S.Lewis)

Rear Reverend Sport Trendelberg

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 13:07:08 -0600 - AOL AND PROUD <dum...@aol.com>,
in rec.nude, jumped down, turned around, pecked out a bale of words
that looked something like:

>On 4 Jan 1999 16:56:05 GMT, bchri...@aol.com (BChris1998) wrote:
>
>>DO you have some pictures ?
>

>AOL...it's so easy, even BCHRIS1998 can do it!

I feel yer pain

Jaybird546

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
(Brian Green) writes:

>"Well even though you forgot your trunks, Donna's going
>to be nice enough to give you your lesson any anyway. She'll let ya wear
>your birthday suit today". I just about died.

Really? At about that age was when I first started getting into nudism; I
would have loved to fall into such a situation back then! I think I would have
requested to continue my swim lessons in the buff!

Light, Peace, & LovenHugs

JAYBIRD

Also Posting for the Unable
A Mississippi Rainbow Brother/ Naturist
Home: http://members.aol.com/Jaybird645/details.html

courier

Jan 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/10/99

Well, I went to college with a woman who had this little tale of tail
to tell:

She had been in Germany for a while and a friend had convinced her to
take a sauna with her. It had been just the 2 of them in the small
heat box when suddenly they were joined with a young German man.

Needless to say, she wasn't a nudist and was embarressed about being
undressed with a male in the sauna. After a few words to her girl
friend, she explained to the boy (in german, of course) about the
situation with the boy and he left for a few minutes while my
classmate left the sauna and returned to the locker room.

She said that she felt embarressed over the whole thing.

I didn't think anything I could have said to her would have made any
difference via the nudist philosophy. It was some time ago, anyway.

>I was just curious if anyone else had any embarrassing moments involving
>nudity as a child or teenager (maybe occuring at home, school, camp, the

>YMCA, the pool, the doctors, etc.) I wasn't a nudist which probably made
>these types of incidents even more embarrassing. I'll share a true
>incident from my childhood.
>

>something like, "Well even though you forgot your trunks, Donna's going

>to be nice enough to give you your lesson any anyway. She'll let ya wear

>your birthday suit today". I just about died. She told me to hurry up and
>go in the bathroom and get ready. Well I didn't have much choice so I
>went in the bathroom and undressed. Mom was yelling at me to hurry up. So
>I finally walked out stark naked. My mom and Donna were standing in the
>living room. And, of course, since I didn't bring my towel, I had nothing
>to cover up with. Athough my mom had seen me naked plently of times, it
>had been a while. I guess by age 10 i Didn't feel real comfortable with
>her seeing me naked. But having a woman such as Donna see me was just
>totally embarrassing. Well we went on out to the pool and my swimming
>lessons, except fot the fact that I was naked, proceeded as usual for
>about an hour. Although it seemed alot longer than that.

she...@my-dejanews.com

Jan 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/18/99
just read some of the replies... i had lots of embarrassing moments as a kid
concerning nudity.... my mother wouldnt let us close our bedroom doors when i
was going through puberty... so i learned that if i opened the closet door
and stood between it and the dresser no one could see me undressing or
dressing... but mom thought nothing of walking in, and humiliating me.. even
when my brother was standing in the hall way. a bathroom door was not a
deterant for her either.. she would just walk in. But the worse was dressing
rooms in department stores... she would insist on coming in with me, and even
when there were curtains in the stalls for privacy, she would stand in the
doorway of the stall, holding open the curtain... she was quite abusive and i
was afraid of her.. so of course, full of shame and humiliation i would
change while people were walking in and out of the dressing room... i'll
never understand why she treated me this way, but she herself was an
exibitionist.. and would walk around in her underwear, or nude.

Brian Green <PQL...@prodigy.com> wrote in article
> <764b8j$37uc$1...@newssvr04-int.news.prodigy.com>...

> > I was just curious if anyone else had any embarrassing moments involving
> > nudity as a child or teenager (maybe occuring at home, school, camp, the
> > YMCA, the pool, the doctors, etc.)

Zzzzbuck

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99
sounds like you have some unresolved issues

cyndiann

Jan 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/19/99

Zzzzbuck wrote in message <19990119082719...@ng21.aol.com>...

>sounds like you have some unresolved issues

who?

Kirk Selvaggio

Dec 13, 2023, 9:41:03 AM12/13/23