legal download sites

M. E. Giesbrecht

Sep 10, 2004, 6:29:47 PM9/10/04
Lately there have been legal download sites popping up everywhere.
Example: www.mp3downloadcity.opportunity.com
Can these really be legal? Anyone care to comment?
Sites are also offering free downloadable software, movies, video
games, etc. How in the world?

mysundown

Sep 14, 2004, 5:39:18 AM9/14/04
As far as I can tell the music sites are technically legal as you are
downloading something you have paid for in good faith (in most cases
anyway)...but they aren't necessarily welcomed by record companies,
artists etc (the Metallica thing springs to mind). So the
legal/illegal issue comes from where the site sources its files from,
and whether they have the right to sell them. I could be totally wrong
though!