listening-based music theory course

Ilias Chrissochoidis

Sep 18, 2019, 6:29:08 PM9/18/19
For the third time since 2018, Stanford Continuing Studies has been offering an online version of my listening-based introduction to music theory and harmony. First taught in 2005, this is an experimental attempt to expose musically illiterate students to basic music theory by way of listening to carefully selected and edited audio examples from the concert hall and film music repertory. Available worldwide to 35 students, the course starts on October 14:
https://continuingstudies.stanford.edu/courses/liberal-arts-and-sciences/a-practical-introduction-to-music-theory-and-harmony/20191_MUS-121-W

Should you be interested in introducing my methodology to non-music major students in your school, please contact me at
i.chrissochoidis[at]gmail.com

Ilias Chrissochoidis