MOTU's MOSIAC

Daniel Remler

Feb 16, 1992, 12:17:05 AM2/16/92
Anybody have any gossip/opinions/inside-scoop on
Mark of the Unicorn's MOSIAC - their new music
notation software. Does this mean Composer 2.3M
is dead in terms of further developmen? MOSIAC
looks kinda like the PageMaker for music - If I
posed the question of what's the best notation
sofware, irrespective of it's sequencer ability,
would MOSIAC be up there with FINALE?

--Danny
Dept of Computer Science
University of Corn & Soy Fields
Midwest, USA

Ron Hemmel

Feb 16, 1992, 7:49:41 PM2/16/92
In article <1992Feb16....@m.cs.uiuc.edu>, rem...@m.cs.uiuc.edu (Daniel Remler) writes:
> Anybody have any gossip/opinions/inside-scoop on
> Mark of the Unicorn's MOSIAC - their new music
> notation software.

As a long-time user of Professional Composer, I was
this close to buying Finale, if only for the control
of individual symbols (being increasingly frustrated
by the global controls in ProComp). However, I have
ordered MOSIAC (which does have the option of dragging
symbols around) and will post a review when I've had
a chance to work with it. I'm in the process of writing
a piece for full orchestra and chorus, so that should
be a decent test.

The technical help folks at MOTU told me on Friday
(2/14) that there would be no further development of
Professional Composer, but that they would continue
to support the software.

Cheers!

Ron Hemmel

Nick Rothwell

Feb 17, 1992, 7:42:26 AM2/17/92
In article <1992Feb16....@m.cs.uiuc.edu> rem...@m.cs.uiuc.edu (Daniel Remler) writes:

Anybody have any gossip/opinions/inside-scoop on
Mark of the Unicorn's MOSIAC

Oooh...

- their new music
notation software. Does this mean Composer 2.3M
is dead in terms of further developmen?

Composer has been dead for years. No change here.

Nick.
--
Nick Rothwell, LFCS, Edinburgh | "Chai ch t'chai ch't chnna chnna chnna ch'th
ni...@dcs.ed.ac.uk | Chai ch t'chai ch't chuth chena chann ch'tt