Zeus 24

Jeff Whitman [SparcTech]

Jun 12, 1992, 3:52:38 PM6/12/92

In Keyboard this month I saw a brief write up on the Zeus 24 (sp?)
from Cheeta(sp?). It is a 24 "oscillator" analog synth which
uses the Curtis chips. It also is supposed to have 12 EG's
and 12 LFO's per voice, I wonder if that is a misprint - sounds
like a lot of modulators. Has any one seen or heard this beast
yet.

Also, they showed a picture of the WAVE. Looks VERY Boss.

-Jeff

Neil Weinstock

Jun 12, 1992, 6:03:05 PM6/12/92
In article <l3i046...@exodus.Eng.Sun.COM> vul...@spartacus.Eng.Sun.COM (Jeff Whitman [SparcTech]) writes:
>In Keyboard this month I saw a brief write up on the Zeus 24 (sp?)
>from Cheeta(sp?). It is a 24 "oscillator" analog synth which
>uses the Curtis chips. It also is supposed to have 12 EG's
>and 12 LFO's per voice, I wonder if that is a misprint - sounds
>like a lot of modulators. Has any one seen or heard this beast
>yet.

Looks like an interesting unit. What's that thing at the far right of
the front panel? It almost looked like a touch screen when I looked at it
briefly.

Frankly, I'm amazed at a new, high-end analog synth being built. More power
to them!

>Also, they showed a picture of the WAVE. Looks VERY Boss.

Indeed. I just love the way the BRK* is stranded there among the bazillions
of smaller, lesser, PUNY, GIRLY-MAN KNOBS. Ahem.

It's also neat the way the front panel adjusts. Must make it easy to get
in there to spray some Cramolin Green....

- Neil

* Big Red Knob [tm]

--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--
Neil Weinstock @ AT&T Bell Labs // What was sliced bread
att!edsel!nsw or n...@edsel.att.com \X/ the greatest thing since?

Georg Mueller

Jun 15, 1992, 2:07:44 PM6/15/92
In article <l3i046...@exodus.Eng.Sun.COM> vul...@spartacus.Eng.Sun.COM (Jeff Whitman [SparcTech]) writes:

In Keyboard this month I saw a brief write up on the Zeus 24 (sp?)
from Cheeta(sp?). It is a 24 "oscillator" analog synth which
uses the Curtis chips. It also is supposed to have 12 EG's
and 12 LFO's per voice, I wonder if that is a misprint - sounds
like a lot of modulators. Has any one seen or heard this beast
yet.

It's Cheetah, a british company. They showed the Zeus 24 at Frankfurt
Musik Messe in march. Only a quiet prototype. Price tag 10.000,- DM.
I can't remember any touch screen, only a small LCD and some knobs,
sliders and buttons. No real full panel. But a bit of it.

Georg.