A new synth for a guitarist?

jim777

Aug 13, 2004, 3:02:38 PM8/13/04
I'm looking to get a synth for composing, general goofing around on,
and creating backing tracks to play guitar against. I was going to get
a used Motif 6/7, but I'm a bit concerned that it might be a bit of
overkill for me. I had thought that the new Juno-D might be the one,
but all I've heard is criticism of it, and harsh criticism at that. I
have a computer I can dedicate to my setup, and would have no problem
gettign a PC based sequencer going, so I don't necessarily need on in
the keyboard. Do any of you have any suggestions for me on what I
could look at? I want to spend about 800 US or less if I can, and I
can play piano a bit (though frankly I prefer the feel of cheap
plastic keys to real a real piano, go figure ;-)I also have ordered a
Yamaha DGX-500 for my kids, so I'll have that available if that
matters to anyone's recommendations.

Thanks in advance Guys and Gals,

jim