Rick Nelson - The later years

Glen Grant

May 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/7/97

Any fans of Ricks later work with the Stone Canyon Band ? I thought
he did some really good stuff in the 68-75 time frame . Garden Party
and Windfall were both really good albums . Any other fans ?

Karl-Rudolf Hoehn

May 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/9/97
Certainly! Edsel Records have just issued a 2nd volume of their "Rick Nelson and
The Stone Canyon Band" compilation. Besides, "Rick Sings Nelson", "Windfall",
"Rudy the Fifth", and "Garden Party" are all available on cd, while "Stay Young"
comprises his last recordings on Epic.
It still seems kind of impossible to explain why these albums received so little
attention (even after the huge success of the "Garden Party" single!) at the
time of their original release. But then Gene Clark's excellent country rock solo
albums didn't get anywhere just the same. If we'd only known then what we,
perhaps, know (how to indulge in) now! :-)

Rudi

Chris

May 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/9/97

SCarras wrote:

> Even if Rick Nelson hadn't died in 1985 (plane crash), he would be retired
> out of shame over the bad boys who call themsevles teen idols (like Rick
> was in his time) today,people like Marky Mark and Johnny Depp.
>
> Have a nice day!

Huh???

SCarras

May 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/9/97

Have a nice day!

"My own system. Hasn't failed me yet."-Julie Warner

Will Dockery

Sep 28, 2018, 3:35:22 AM9/28/18
On Wednesday, May 7, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Glen Grant wrote:

> Any fans of Ricks later work with the Stone Canyon Band ? I thought
> he did some really good stuff in the 68-75 time frame . Garden Party
> and Windfall were both really good albums . Any other fans ?

Delving into this era, and am really enjoying what small amount of material I find from Rick Nelson's later years.

DCar...@aol.com

Nov 12, 2018, 10:00:45 PM11/12/18
When I delve into this era,I find that Gene Gene the Dancing Machine might very well be the artist defined it, baby!