Drummer Phillip Wilson interview & an"Afternoon Delight" article

Jason Gross

Jul 31, 2019, 9:13:20 PM7/31/19
Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.furious.com/perfect/index0819.html>, you'll find (among other things):

AFTERNOON DELIGHT
Naughty ode and/or drab 70's tune by Paul Falconer
"My almost smut-free world came to a crashing end when 'Afternoon Delight' got its first airplay. Even me, the gormless innocent, got it. First time. Here were the angelic voices of some apple-pie lovelies not just singing about rumpy-pumpy but celebrating it, rejoicing in the anticipation. I could never see women the same way again."

PHILLIP WILSON
Interview- drums from Woodstock to AACM by Andy Schwartz
"Drummer Phillip Wilson's resume would be the envy of any respectable musician from stints with Chess and Stax records to his work in the Butterfield Blues Band which led to gigs at Woodstock and Monterey Pop to his work with formative years of the Art Ensemble to Chicago to stints with avant/loft-scene legends like Anthony Braxton, David Murray, and Julius Hemphill."

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason