Capitol vendetta against The Beatles Please Please Me and From Me To You? and The Capitol CDs 2004 - 2006?

Pluted Pup

Aug 18, 2022, 2:07:05 PM8/18/22
I think Please Please Me and From Me To You are my favorites of the
early Beatles, along with Anytime At All; the british mono versions
from CDs have always been in my playlist. But Capitol sure hated it,
suppressing the two songs from the American market. They were on
Vee Jay singles and some of the Vee Jay Introducing The Beatles LPs
(the originals not the terrible sounding counterfeits, familiar since
the 1970s). Capitol banned the Beatles on Vee Jay since 1964.

By the way, Discogs.com considers Introducing The Beatles to be a
variation of the british Please Please Me album, which is false as
they are two different albums. From what I gather, it can be hard to
tell if an Introducing The Beatles LP is original or a fake without
playing it, but if the two lines on the label The Beatles and
Introducing The Beatles are separated by the spindle hole it is
always a fake. Playing it, if it has thin sound, such as on the
first track, it is a fake.

Please Please Me shows up late on Capitol's The Early Beatles,
but only the non-canonical stereo version, with the "mono" version
being fake mono, just the stereo version folded to mono. From what
I've read that and From Me To You only showed up on the American
issue Red compilation in either fake mono (made from the stereo mix)
or fake stereo (right mix but muffled by fake stereo), I forget the
story. So Capitol kept the two songs off the American market from
1964 - 1988!

By the way again, I am skeptical that the Capitol CD versions sold
in 2004 to 2006 are the unadulturated Capitol versions, because they
were produced by Abbey Road, a studio with engineers who love to
muffle the sound of the mastertape with superadded noise reduction
and compression, al la Let It Be Naked (2003), 1 (2000), Yellow
Submarine Songtrack (1999), etc. I've bought a few Capitol LPs,
1980's reprints and 1960's (reprints) of the stereo XI, 65 and Meet
The Beetles and am undecided from my casual listening.

You could say that the refusal to allow listeners to hear the
unmuffled originals makes the british Abbey Road from 1993 to now
as in the same league as the Capitol of the Americas in the 1960s.
Oh how the Beatles suffer from the perils of popularity!