Red Krayola's second album in detail

Jason Gross

Dec 1, 2023, 9:34:30 PM12/1/23
Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.furious.com/perfect/index1223.html>, you'll find (among other things):

RED KRAYOLA
Their 2nd album as post-punk forefathers by Kelechi Wisdom
"God Bless the Red Krayola and All Who Sail With It was released in May 1968 and was recorded at Houston, Texas' Gold Star recording studios. Mayo Thompson said of the album: "And that record gets to be called a "minimal" record. It was not like a punk record, like "we're gonna get back to basics, good clean rock n' roll... It was not driven by an impulse to basicness. It was just schematic because we were used to working with the stuff we had in our hands, instrument-wise." From a 1968 Mother magazine interview, it is said that the album was intended to be a joint-double LP with Coconut Hotel, but that never came to pass. Thompson also talks about having "good tapes" that were available and considered to be distributed if one would like. This could be referring to the full 3-hour freak-out session from Parable of Arable Land or random experimental outtakes that didn't make the cut on God Bless "

We also have a Spotify playlist with most of the artists above here:
<https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2siDsjQc1S6Quh58TVWfgb?si=40cfc6db13144718>

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason