REVIEW - Ivory Joe Hunter: "Lying Woman" - KING 4405; OCTOBER 1950

DianeE

Aug 4, 2021, 9:51:28 AM8/4/21

Roger Ford

Aug 4, 2021, 10:31:43 AM8/4/21
On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 09:51:24 -0400, DianeE <Dia...@NoSpam.net> wrote:

>https://www.spontaneouslunacy.net/ivory-joe-hunter-lying-woman-king-4405/
>

>YOUTUBE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfTY8DpOXq8

Here's how Joe did with said lady in the 1950 Singles Battle

R1
> 3 Joe Liggins - Rag Mop - Specialty 350
>13 Ivory Joe Hunter - Lying Woman - King 4405

Seems my "Rag Mop"-phobia is shared by at least a few here :)
WINNER : IVORY JOE

R2
> 8 Little Walter Trio - Muskadine Blues - Regal 3296
>10 Ivory Joe Hunter - Lying Woman - King 4405

Second win for Ivory Joe sends Walter out of the contest
WINNER : IVORY JOE

R3
>10 Al Sears & The Sparrows - Brown Boy - Coral 65023
> 6 Ivory Joe Hunter - Lying Woman - King 4405

Starting us off,Al Sears & the guys maintain their splendid run
WINNER : SEARS

>SPONTANEOUS LUNACY VERDICT 4/10

Bad enough being a lying woman without being one who's dull and
doesn't go anywhere. I have this as a 5

ROGER FORD
-----------------------

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk) Please

https://www.avg.com

Sav...@aol.com

Aug 4, 2021, 10:34:41 AM8/4/21
On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 10:31:43 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 09:51:24 -0400, DianeE <Dia...@NoSpam.net> wrote:
>
> >https://www.spontaneouslunacy.net/ivory-joe-hunter-lying-woman-king-4405/
> >

> >YOUTUBE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfTY8DpOXq8
> >

> Here's how Joe did with said lady in the 1950 Singles Battle
>
> R1
> > 3 Joe Liggins - Rag Mop - Specialty 350
> >13 Ivory Joe Hunter - Lying Woman - King 4405
> >
> Seems my "Rag Mop"-phobia is shared by at least a few here :)
> WINNER : IVORY JOE
>
> R2
> > 8 Little Walter Trio - Muskadine Blues - Regal 3296
> >10 Ivory Joe Hunter - Lying Woman - King 4405
> >
> Second win for Ivory Joe sends Walter out of the contest
> WINNER : IVORY JOE
>
> R3
> >10 Al Sears & The Sparrows - Brown Boy - Coral 65023
> > 6 Ivory Joe Hunter - Lying Woman - King 4405
> >
> Starting us off,Al Sears & the guys maintain their splendid run
> WINNER : SEARS
>
> >SPONTANEOUS LUNACY VERDICT 4/10
>
> Bad enough being a lying woman without being one who's dull and
> doesn't go anywhere. I have this as a 5

Most of his King stuff is dull and doesn't go anywhere.

Roger Ford

Aug 4, 2021, 10:54:31 AM8/4/21
Never mind I expect Samp will be reviewing Joe's best release of 1950
shortly----recorded even earlier than 1949

Dean F.

Aug 7, 2021, 8:36:54 PM8/7/21
On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 10:34:41 AM UTC-4, Sav...@aol.com wrote:

> Most of his King stuff is dull and doesn't go anywhere.

Ah! So it's not just me who thinks that.