I hope...

Bruce

Sep 25, 2022, 11:20:47 AM9/25/22
...that you guys are checking out the Cash Box reviews every day. Now that I am listing a bunch of things every day and usually with youtube links, there are lots of interesting things to check out. I have already added several MP3s to my library of things that I did not know or knew but never had. Just did some cool one from 1947 and 1948 that will come up in a few days, including another version of "Gloria" from 1948 that I did not know, to go along with the Mills Brothers and Charles Brown versions from that year.

Bruce

Sep 25, 2022, 11:25:15 AM9/25/22
By the way Rog, in working on Cash Box reviews from January 6, 1947, I discovered that "Blow Top Blues" was reviewed already in that issue, despite not charting until May. I have moved it to 1946, which also makes it eligible for the pre-1947 tournaments.

DianeE

Sep 25, 2022, 11:44:03 AM9/25/22
On 9/25/2022 11:25 AM, Bruce wrote:
> By the way Rog, in working on Cash Box reviews from January 6, 1947, I discovered that "Blow Top Blues" was reviewed already in that issue, despite not charting until May. I have moved it to 1946, which also makes it eligible for the pre-1947 tournaments.
Koko Taylor improved that song a lot many years later.

Bruce

Sep 25, 2022, 11:46:54 AM9/25/22
Nah, you're a Dinah Washington hater, so we can't go by what you think here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VmAgesjeiM

I don't even like this, and it has electric bass :-)