Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - July 2021 - FINAL FOUR

DianeE

Jul 24, 2021, 6:17:51 AM7/24/21
Sat. July 24 2021

Sav...@aol.com

Jul 24, 2021, 8:19:18 AM7/24/21
The FINAL FOUR is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

Don't Think I Will - Young Jessie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkPpn5pzuhY

Gonna Stick To You Baby - Lonesome Sundown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c08VPuH4hXg

Tear It Up - Johnny Burnette & The Rock'N Roll Trio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4etvFlAncDo

Drunk, Drunk, Drunk - The Kidds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgwQaXDqzn4

Sav...@aol.com

Jul 24, 2021, 8:19:39 AM7/24/21
MY RANKINGS

1. Tear It Up - Johnny Burnette & The Rock'N Roll Trio
2. Don't Think I Will - Young Jessie
3. Drunk, Drunk, Drunk - The Kidds
4. Gonna Stick To You Baby - Lonesome Sundown

Roger Ford

Jul 24, 2021, 8:39:38 AM7/24/21
On Sat, 24 Jul 2021 05:19:17 -0700 (PDT), "Sav...@aol.com"
<Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

>The FINAL FOUR is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

Tear It Up - Johnny Burnette & The Rock'N Roll Trio
Don't Think I Will - Young Jessie
Gonna Stick To You Baby - Lonesome Sundown
Drunk, Drunk, Drunk - The Kidds

ROGER FORD
-----------------------

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk) Please

https://www.avg.com

Steve Mc

Jul 24, 2021, 9:16:41 AM7/24/21

1. Tear It Up - Johnny Burnette & The Rock'N Roll Trio

2. Gonna Stick To You Baby - Lonesome Sundown

3. Drunk, Drunk, Drunk - The Kidds

4. Don't Think I Will - Young Jessie

--
Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

DianeE

Jul 24, 2021, 9:42:33 AM7/24/21
1-Gonna Stick To You Baby - Lonesome Sundown
2-Drunk, Drunk, Drunk - The Kidds
3-Don't Think I Will - Young Jessie
4-Tear It Up - Johnny Burnette & The Rock'N Roll Trio

Jim Colegrove

Carl

Jul 24, 2021, 11:08:41 AM7/24/21
On Saturday, July 24, 2021 at 5:19:18 AM UTC-7, Sav...@aol.com wrote:
> The FINAL FOUR is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

1. Drunk Drunk Drunk - The Kidds
2. Tear It Up - Johnny Burnette & The Rock'N Roll Trio
3. Don't Think I Will - Young Jessie
4. Gonna Stick To You Baby - Lonesome Sundown

Dennis C from Tennessee

Jul 24, 2021, 11:30:43 AM7/24/21
1- Johnny Burnette Trio

2- Lonesome Sundown

3- Young Jessie

4- The Kidds

* Boy howdy did I diverge this month!! I'm gonna chalk it up to too much participant favoritism for their own entries!!

I'd love to know what Bobby Roman and the Lurking Trio thinks about the rankings.

Anyway........The Real Top Ten for July!!!

1- "Bing Bong"- The Silhouettes

2- " Dream Girl"- Norman Fox & the Rob Roys

3- "Glad All Over"- Carl Perkins

4- "Hey Hey Hey Hey" Little Richard

5- "Number 9 Train"- Tarheel Slim

6- "Little Boy Blue" Bobby Bland

7- "I've Got the Last Laugh Now"- Roy Brown

8- "Our Great Love" The Five Keys

9- "- Locked Out Boogie"- Baby Face Leroy/Muddy Waters

10- "My Babe"- Dale Hawkins

Rick Schubert

Jul 24, 2021, 12:22:39 PM7/24/21
On Sat, 24 Jul 2021 05:19:17 -0700 (PDT), "Sav...@aol.com" <Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

>The FINAL FOUR is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

1. Drunk, Drunk, Drunk - The Kidds
2. Gonna Stick To You Baby - Lonesome Sundown
3. Don't Think I Will - Young Jessie
4. Tear It Up - Johnny Burnette & The Rock'N Roll Trio

Sav...@aol.com

Jul 24, 2021, 1:26:40 PM7/24/21
FINAL RANKINGS

1. Tear It Up - Johnny Burnette & The Rock'N Roll Trio - 25
2. Drunk, Drunk, Drunk - The Kidds - 19
3. Gonna Stick To You Baby - Lonesome Sundown - 18
4. Don't Think I Will - Young Jessie - 18

Okay, FINALLY the Trio gets a slight bit of redemption after this, their best selling single, failed to chart back in 1956. Roger Tears Up the month and wins the tournament. Diane's Boozer takes second and her Sticky Guy wins a tie breaker to take third over Roger's Youngster. They each were listed higher on 4 of the 8 ballots, but Sundown had a first place vote and Jessie did not.

Three tens and a 9 here for me folks. Great to see these items that were out of the battles much to fast get a reprieve and another shot for some recognition and glory.

I've already got a couple off obscure rockabilly numbers ready for August. They won't go very far, but at least they'll get noticed.

Dennis C from Tennessee

Jul 24, 2021, 1:51:05 PM7/24/21
They got tens and nines from me too!!

"Bing Bong" got a fifty six, baby!!!

DianeE

Jul 24, 2021, 2:12:50 PM7/24/21
On 7/24/2021 1:26 PM, Sav...@aol.com wrote:
> FINAL RANKINGS
>

> 1. Tear It Up - Johnny Burnette & The Rock'N Roll Trio - 25
> 2. Drunk, Drunk, Drunk - The Kidds - 19
> 3. Gonna Stick To You Baby - Lonesome Sundown - 18
> 4. Don't Think I Will - Young Jessie - 18
---------
Congrats Roger! You sure did tear it up.

I hope Mark is back in for August. The more, the merrier. I'll have my
nominations in, in a few days.

Roger Ford

Jul 25, 2021, 9:01:42 AM7/25/21
On Sat, 24 Jul 2021 14:12:48 -0400, DianeE <Dia...@NoSpam.net> wrote:

>On 7/24/2021 1:26 PM, Sav...@aol.com wrote:
>> FINAL RANKINGS
>>

>> 1. Tear It Up - Johnny Burnette & The Rock'N Roll Trio - 25
>> 2. Drunk, Drunk, Drunk - The Kidds - 19
>> 3. Gonna Stick To You Baby - Lonesome Sundown - 18
>> 4. Don't Think I Will - Young Jessie - 18
>---------
>Congrats Roger! You sure did tear it up.

Thanks Di!

And congrats backacha for your #2 and #3 successes

Dennis C from Tennessee

Jul 25, 2021, 1:00:24 PM7/25/21
I'll react the same way I do to parents with ugly offspring, " The sure got a lot of energy"!!