REVIEW - Johnny Ace - "Angel" - DUKE 107;DECEMBER 1952

Roger

Feb 19, 2024, 4:15:21 PMFeb 19
REVIEW - Johnny Ace - "Angel" - DUKE 107;DECEMBER 1952

https://www.spontaneouslunacy.net/johnny-ace-angel-duke-107/#more-101788

YOUTUBE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXzgx9Mxc74

SPONTANEOUS LUNACY VERDICT - 5/10

Roger

Feb 19, 2024, 4:20:17 PMFeb 19
Roger wrote:

> REVIEW - Johnny Ace - "Angel" - DUKE 107;DECEMBER 1952

> https://www.spontaneouslunacy.net/johnny-ace-angel-duke-107/#more-101788

> YOUTUBE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXzgx9Mxc74

As mentioned on the top side review I place this one in early 1953

It wasn't in its yearly battle but it did appear (for a nanosecond) in the later Flip Sides battle

R1
> > 3 Johnny Ace -- Angel -- [Cross My Heart] -- 1953
> >10 The Beatles -- I'll Get You -- [She Loves You] -- 1963

Well as you may guess I was one of the 3 here (wonder who my compatriots were??)

> SPONTANEOUS LUNACY VERDICT - 5/10

A mid table 6 for me

Rick Schubert

Feb 21, 2024, 12:48:42 AMFeb 21
TommyVee
Gene Skiffington

vs.

Jim Colgrove
Mark Dintenfass
Carl Glasow
Steve Mc
Rick Schubert
Bruce Grossberg
Jim Bartos
Bruno
Peter Stoller
Clifford Blau

Roger

Feb 21, 2024, 1:15:17 AMFeb 21
Thanks Rick!

As I recall TommyVee was quite a prolific poster on here around 10 years ago whereas Gene Skiffington from Seattle was something of a "lurker" tho he did take part in nearly all the old Battles. Sadly I received an e-mail from his daughter in 2020 to say that he passed away that February