REVIEW - Paul Gayten: "If You Got The Money, Honey, I Got The Time" - REGAL 3302 - OCTOBER 1950

DianeE

Sep 13, 2021, 10:18:54 AM9/13/21

DianeE

Sep 13, 2021, 10:21:59 AM9/13/21
-----------
I think it works better as a country record, myself. This is a 4 for
me. Not bad but not anything I need to hear again.

Roger Ford

Sep 14, 2021, 1:09:27 AM9/14/21
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 10:21:56 -0400, DianeE <Dia...@NoSpam.net> wrote:

>On 9/13/2021 10:18 AM, DianeE wrote:
>> https://www.spontaneouslunacy.net/paul-gayten-if-you-got-the-money-honey-i-got-the-time-regal-3302/
>>

>> NOT ON YOUTUBE
>> But it can be heard here:
>> https://tinyurl.com/3h8mj6kw

Again it plays on YT here but blocked in US I guess

>> SPONTANEOUS LUNACY VERDICT 6/10
>-----------
>I think it works better as a country record, myself. This is a 4 for
>me. Not bad but not anything I need to hear again.

Pretty much my sentiments exactly.

I have Lefty's original on my 1950 list but its not a huge favorite.
It's a straight country number and one that doesn't easily translate
to a blues version as Gayten demonstrates. "4" seems about right

This is the "B" side of Gayten's version of the much recorded "I'm So
Crazy For Love" originally by The Cap-Tans (which Samp has skipped
by ) and which also saw versions by The Ravens,The Blenders etc

ROGER FORD
-----------------------

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk) Please

https://www.avg.com

DianeE

Sep 14, 2021, 12:00:20 PM9/14/21
On 9/14/2021 1:09 AM, Roger Ford wrote:

> This is the "B" side of Gayten's version of the much recorded "I'm So
> Crazy For Love" originally by The Cap-Tans (which Samp has skipped
> by ) and which also saw versions by The Ravens,The Blenders etc
What a beautiful ending that Cap-Tans version has! I can't fathom why
he skipped it, especially when he reviews all those pop sides by Ivory
Joe Hunter.