Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - September 2021 - Round 1 - Group 5

DianeE

Sep 14, 2021, 6:27:50 AMSep 14
Tues. Sept. 14 2021

Sav...@aol.com

Sep 14, 2021, 9:40:39 AMSep 14

When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4A8JUA_gpE

Gonna Send You Back To Georgia - Timmy Shaw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugEvYpRFbs0

The Ball Game - Sister Wynona Carr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR4r7tjQZLs

Feel My Broom - Quinn Kimble
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68s5z0N58LU

Sav...@aol.com

Sep 14, 2021, 9:41:24 AMSep 14
MY RANKINGS

1. When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords
2. Feel My Broom - Quinn Kimble
3. The Ball Game - Sister Wynona Carr
4. Gonna Send You Back To Georgia - Timmy Shaw

Jim Colegrove

DianeE

Sep 14, 2021, 10:26:12 AMSep 14
1-The Ball Game - Sister Wynona Carr
2-Gonna Send You Back To Georgia - Timmy Shaw
3-Feel My Broom - Quinn Kimble
4-When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords

Steve Mc

Sep 14, 2021, 10:31:46 AMSep 14

1. Feel My Broom - Quinn Kimble

2. Gonna Send You Back To Georgia - Timmy Shaw

3. When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords

4. The Ball Game - Sister Wynona Carr

--
Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

Sav...@aol.com

Sep 14, 2021, 11:11:26 AMSep 14
It's been a while, but we are back in synch today!

Rick Schubert

Sep 14, 2021, 11:11:53 AMSep 14
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 06:40:38 -0700 (PDT), "Sav...@aol.com" <Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

>Group 5 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

1. When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords
2. Feel My Broom - Quinn Kimble
3. Gonna Send You Back To Georgia - Timmy Shaw
4. The Ball Game - Sister Wynona Carr

md

Sep 14, 2021, 11:19:00 AMSep 14
On Sep 14, 2021 at 8:40:38 AM CDT, "Sav...@aol.com" <Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

> Group 5 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

The Ball Game - Sister Wynona Carr
When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords
Feel My Broom - Quinn Kimble
Gonna Send You Back To Georgia - Timmy Shaw

--md

remove "xx" from address

Carl

Sep 14, 2021, 11:34:48 AMSep 14
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 6:40:39 AM UTC-7, Sav...@aol.com wrote:
> Group 5 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

1. Gonna Send You Back To Georgia - Timmy Shaw
2. When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords
3. Feel My Broom - Quinn Kimble
4. The Ball Game - Sister Wynona Carr

Dennis C from Tennessee

Sep 14, 2021, 12:19:54 PMSep 14
1- Timmy Shaw

2- Quinn Kimble

3- Bop- Chords

4- Sister Wynona Carr

Roger Ford

Sep 14, 2021, 12:55:20 PMSep 14
<Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

>Group 5 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

Gonna Send You Back To Georgia - Timmy Shaw
Feel My Broom - Quinn Kimble
When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords
The Ball Game - Sister Wynona Carr

ROGER FORD
-----------------------

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk) Please

https://www.avg.com

Sav...@aol.com

Sep 14, 2021, 2:04:06 PMSep 14
FINAL RANKINGS

1. When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords - 25 (5-4)
2. Feel My Broom - Quinn Kimble - 25

3. Gonna Send You Back To Georgia - Timmy Shaw - 23
4. The Ball Game - Sister Wynona Carr - 17

Rick's Bop-Chords wins a 5-4 tie breaker to win the group with Steve's legit obscurity from the Fugitive's brother also sweeps into the SWEET 16. Roger's Shaw came on strong at the end, but still finished third. Diane's Sister lost the old ball game.

Dennis C from Tennessee

Sep 14, 2021, 2:21:47 PMSep 14
You forgot to add that "The Fugutive" was a Quinn Martin production!!

Guess it takes a Rowan to give a Martin his sue baby!!

md

Sep 14, 2021, 4:03:58 PMSep 14
Sheer discrimination. I'm informing the Sisterhood Police.

RWC

Sep 14, 2021, 11:08:21 PMSep 14
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 11:21:46 -0700 (PDT), Dennis C from Tennessee
<dennis...@gmail.com> wrote:

>You forgot to add that "The Fugutive" was a Quinn Martin production!!
>
>Guess it takes a Rowan...

freshman "50s Club"

1953 - welcome to this newsgroup's sophomore "60s Club", Dennis :-)

junior "70s Club"
senior "80s Club"