Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - September 2022 - Semi-Finals - Group 2

Bruce

Sep 24, 2022, 12:10:52 AM9/24/22
Group 2 is now open.

You Don't Love Me - Willie Cobbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1uF1S7-Hz4

Where the Rio De Rosa Flows- Jimmy Lloyd
https://www.youtube.com/watch/OzqDIoGtX4s

If You Need Some Lovin' - Nappy Brown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQTGIiaKpgA

Ashamed Of Myself - The Midnighters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqVeJRB20CQ

Bruce

Sep 24, 2022, 12:11:43 AM9/24/22
MY RANKINGS

1. If You Need Some Lovin' - Nappy Brown
2. Ashamed Of Myself - The Midnighters
3. You Don't Love Me - Willie Cobbs
4. Where the Rio De Rosa Flows- Jimmy Lloyd

Steve Mc

Sep 24, 2022, 12:13:49 AM9/24/22
1.  Where the Rio De Rosa Flows- Jimmy Lloyd

2. You Don't Love Me - Willie Cobbs

3. Ashamed Of Myself - The Midnighters

4. If You Need Some Lovin' - Nappy Brown

--
Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

Roger Ford

Sep 24, 2022, 12:59:09 AM9/24/22
On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 21:10:51 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
wrote:

>Group 2 is now open.

You Don't Love Me - Willie Cobbs
Ashamed Of Myself - The Midnighters
Where the Rio De Rosa Flows- Jimmy Lloyd
If You Need Some Lovin' - Nappy Brown

ROGER FORD
-----------------------

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk) Please

Carl

Sep 24, 2022, 1:29:31 AM9/24/22
On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 9:10:52 PM UTC-7, Bruce wrote:
> Group 2 is now open.

1. You Don't Love Me - Willie Cobbs
2. Where the Rio De Rosa Flows- Jimmy Lloyd
3. Ashamed Of Myself - The Midnighters
4. If You Need Some Lovin' - Nappy Brown

Bruce

Rick Schubert

Sep 24, 2022, 2:13:56 AM9/24/22
On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 21:10:51 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

>Group 2 is now open.

1. Ashamed Of Myself - The Midnighters
2. If You Need Some Lovin' - Nappy Brown
3. You Don't Love Me - Willie Cobbs
4. Where the Rio De Rosa Flows - Jimmy Lloyd

The label in the video for "You Don't Love Me" shows the title as "You Dont Love" (no "Me" and no
apostrophe) and the song length as 2:55. The video length is 2:35, so it seems that the version of
the song played is not the one on the 45 shown (Ruler 900), unless the label is wrong.

This video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY4n-2I9PcU

shows the title as "You Don't Love Me" and the length as 2:32, and it sounds the same as the one
from the first video. Is there a 2:55 version, or is the label for Ruler 900 wrong?

Roger Ford

Sep 24, 2022, 2:27:42 AM9/24/22
On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:35:16 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
wrote:
Steve's ballot is not showing on my screen

Bill B

Sep 24, 2022, 5:45:07 AM9/24/22

> 1. If You Need Some Lovin' - Nappy Brown
> 2. Where the Rio De Rosa Flows- Jimmy Lloyd
> 3. Ashamed Of Myself - The Midnighters
> 4. You Don't Love Me - Willie Cobbs

DianeE

Jim Colegrove

Dennis C from Tennessee

Sep 24, 2022, 9:08:23 AM9/24/22
1- Willie Cobbs( Despite the point deduction, Cobbs' styling here is keeping it in the game)

2- Nappy Brown

3- Jimmy Lloyd

4- Midnighters

Mark D.

Sep 24, 2022, 9:53:02 AM9/24/22
On Sep 23, 2022 at 11:10:51 PM CDT, "Bruce" <Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

> Group 2 is now open.

Ashamed Of Myself - The Midnighters
You Don't Love Me - Willie Cobbs
If You Need Some Lovin' - Nappy Brown
Where the Rio De Rosa Flows- Jimmy Lloyd

--md

remove "xx" for email

Bruce

Sep 24, 2022, 10:15:23 AM9/24/22
The Cobbs is last now, Bill's mood must have changed.

Bruce

Sep 24, 2022, 10:21:16 AM9/24/22
FINAL RANKINGS

1. You Don't Love Me - Willie Cobbs - 28
2. Ashamed Of Myself - The Midnighters - 27

3. Where the Rio De Rosa Flows- Jimmy Lloyd - 24
4. If You Need Some Lovin' - Nappy Brown - 21

Roger Cobbs ekes out a one point win over Diane's Midnighters as both move into the FINAL FOUR.. So it's Bruce, Mark, Diane and Roger with one record each in tomorrow's FINAL FOUR. Stevie Lloyd took third and Nappy Lubinsky was last.

FINAL FOUR

Hey Little School Girl - Paragons (Bruce)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYezWcnIR1c

Oh, Little One - Jack Scott (Mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ5MivC286o

You Don't Love Me - Willie Cobbs (Roger)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1uF1S7-Hz4

Ashamed Of Myself - The Midnighters (Diane)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqVeJRB20CQ

Dennis C from Tennessee

Sep 24, 2022, 10:49:34 AM9/24/22
Nappy Lubinsky

Haha!!

The next great Anerican novel now has its protagonist, baby!!!