The Oklahoma Hillbillies - 1952, 1954

RWC

Sep 13, 2021, 10:04:57 AM9/13/21

I don't know anything about the musicians in this band, perhaps an
L.A. studio band.

The first track is one of the best 'rock' recordings of the early 50s,
with an engaging spoken vocal, and superb razzle-dazzle
instrumentation:

Jimmy O'Neal and ... - Streamliner Boogie [Coast 500-B;;L.A.] - 1952
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgWEcniYAu0

Cotton Henry and ... - Patent On My Gal [Coast 500-A] - 1952
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5exTqHGN3w

Cotton Henry and ... - Eskimo Nell / Alibying Sweetie [Starday 129] -
1954
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax3BoHyNTLo

for fans of raw Hillbilly rock, recorded 1954 to 1957:

many of these records have impressive instrumental backing - fiddle,
banjo, guitar

if you don't like a track, just left-click on the YouTube 'next track'
icon (you can actually buy small usb remotes that can control music
playing on your computer)

Starday Custom Series #500 - 675 (150+ recordings)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax3BoHyNTLo&list=PLEettvwE6c0gHwrZnnpvb5etlifDjpQ0Q