LET'S ....PLAY....JEOPARDY! - SATURDAY - 9-24-22

Bruce

Sep 24, 2022, 12:08:41 AM9/24/22
1960s Music for $100. And the answer is!

In an unbelievable occurrence, this year had just 5 different singles that got to number one on Billboard's Country Singles chart.

1960s Music for $200. And the answer is!

Other than "The Twist" by Chubby Checker (40 weeks), which had 2 separate chart runs, this record had the most weeks on the Cash Box R&B charts during the 60s.

1960s Music for $300. And the answer is!

This group had a version of "Michael" that Cash Box listed along with the Highwaymen version.

1960s Music for $400. And the answer is!

Aside from the main artist, Ricky Page also had a version of this hit song in 1961.

1960s Music for $500. And the answer is!

This 1960s hitmaker's middle name is Levone.

Roger Ford

Sep 24, 2022, 1:13:47 AM9/24/22
On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 21:08:40 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
wrote:

>1960s Music for $100. And the answer is!
>
>In an unbelievable occurrence, this year had just 5 different singles that got to number one on Billboard's Country Singles chart.

What is 1960?

ROGER FORD
-----------------------

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk) Please

Roger Ford

Sep 24, 2022, 1:29:28 AM9/24/22
wrote:

>1960s Music for $300. And the answer is!
>
>This group had a version of "Michael" that Cash Box listed along with the Highwaymen version.

Who are The College Three?

>1960s Music for $400. And the answer is!
>
>Aside from the main artist, Ricky Page also had a version of this hit song in 1961.

What is "I Understand (Just How I Feel)" (sic)

Bruce

Sep 24, 2022, 1:30:34 AM9/24/22
On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 1:13:47 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 21:08:40 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
> wrote:
> >1960s Music for $100. And the answer is!
> >
> >In an unbelievable occurrence, this year had just 5 different singles that got to number one on Billboard's Country Singles chart.
> >

> What is 1960?

CORRECT, an easy one for $100.

Bruce

Sep 24, 2022, 1:32:32 AM9/24/22
On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 1:29:28 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 21:08:40 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
> wrote:
> >1960s Music for $300. And the answer is!
> >
> >This group had a version of "Michael" that Cash Box listed along with the Highwaymen version.
> >
> Who are The College Three?
> >
> >1960s Music for $400. And the answer is!
> >
> >Aside from the main artist, Ricky Page also had a version of this hit song in 1961.
> >
> What is "I Understand (Just How I Feel)" (sic)

BOTH CORRECT - neither on youtube.

Roger Ford

Sep 24, 2022, 1:35:03 AM9/24/22
On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:30:33 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 1:13:47 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 21:08:40 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
>> wrote:
>> >1960s Music for $100. And the answer is!
>> >
>> >In an unbelievable occurrence, this year had just 5 different singles that got to number one on Billboard's Country Singles chart.
>> >

>> What is 1960?
>
>CORRECT, an easy one for $100.

The 1954 Billboard country best sellers chart had onlty FOUR different
records reach No.1 that year

Roger Ford

Sep 24, 2022, 1:38:23 AM9/24/22
On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:32:30 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 1:29:28 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 21:08:40 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
>> wrote:
>> >1960s Music for $300. And the answer is!
>> >
>> >This group had a version of "Michael" that Cash Box listed along with the Highwaymen version.
>> >
>> Who are The College Three?
>> >
>> >1960s Music for $400. And the answer is!
>> >
>> >Aside from the main artist, Ricky Page also had a version of this hit song in 1961.
>> >
>> What is "I Understand (Just How I Feel)" (sic)
>
>BOTH CORRECT - neither on youtube.

I don't have "Michael" (horrid song I always disliked in ANY version)
but the Ricky Page will be there shortly

Bruce

Sep 24, 2022, 1:39:32 AM9/24/22
On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 1:35:03 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:30:33 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 1:13:47 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:

> >> What is 1960?
> >
> >CORRECT, an easy one for $100.
> The 1954 Billboard country best sellers chart had onlty FOUR different
> records reach No.1 that year

And one artist had 3 of the 4.

There were 6 others that got to number one on either the DJ chart or the JB chart that year.

Bruce

Sep 24, 2022, 1:40:43 AM9/24/22
On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 1:38:23 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:32:30 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 1:29:28 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:

> >> Who are The College Three?

> >> What is "I Understand (Just How I Feel)" (sic)
> >
> >BOTH CORRECT - neither on youtube.
> I don't have "Michael" (horrid song I always disliked in ANY version)
> but the Ricky Page will be there shortly

I like "Michael" better than "I Understand."

Roger Ford

Sep 24, 2022, 1:40:56 AM9/24/22
On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:39:31 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 1:35:03 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:30:33 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
>> wrote:

>> >CORRECT, an easy one for $100.
>> The 1954 Billboard country best sellers chart had onlty FOUR different
>> records reach No.1 that year
>
>And one artist had 3 of the 4.

Yup! That year belonged to Webb and Hank :)

Bruce

Sep 24, 2022, 1:41:44 AM9/24/22
Down to these 2 already.

1960s Music for $200. And the answer is!

Other than "The Twist" by Chubby Checker (40 weeks), which had 2 separate chart runs, this record had the most weeks on the Cash Box R&B charts during the 60s.

Roger Ford

Sep 24, 2022, 1:42:48 AM9/24/22
On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:40:42 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 1:38:23 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:32:30 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
>> wrote:

>> >BOTH CORRECT - neither on youtube.
>> I don't have "Michael" (horrid song I always disliked in ANY version)
>> but the Ricky Page will be there shortly
>
>I like "Michael" better than "I Understand."

I don't like either but I detest "Michael" with a passion.

Bruce

Sep 24, 2022, 1:50:24 AM9/24/22
On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 1:42:48 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:40:42 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 1:38:23 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:

> >> I don't have "Michael" (horrid song I always disliked in ANY version)
> >> but the Ricky Page will be there shortly
> >
> >I like "Michael" better than "I Understand."
> I don't like either but I detest "Michael" with a passion.

No, I like it, and also like "Greenfields" and "Where Have All The Flowers Gone" by the KT, and some others in that vein, like by PP&M. I wouldn't say that I detest "I Understand" but it's not good IMO. In any version.

Dean F.

Sep 24, 2022, 2:18:39 AM9/24/22
On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 12:08:41 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

> 1960s Music for $200. And the answer is!
>
> Other than "The Twist" by Chubby Checker (40 weeks), which had 2 separate chart runs, this record had the most weeks on the Cash Box R&B charts during the 60s.

What is "Funky Broadway" by Dyke & The Blazers?

Roger Ford

Sep 24, 2022, 2:26:36 AM9/24/22
On Sat, 24 Sep 2022 05:38:22 GMT, mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk (Roger
Ford) wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:32:30 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 1:29:28 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:

>>> What is "I Understand (Just How I Feel)" (sic)
>>
>>BOTH CORRECT - neither on youtube.
>
>I don't have "Michael" (horrid song I always disliked in ANY version)
>but the Ricky Page will be there shortly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEqeNkVAX3E

Bruce

Sep 24, 2022, 2:30:11 AM9/24/22
CORRECT, 27 weeks, peaked at #11.

Bruce

Sep 24, 2022, 2:31:17 AM9/24/22
On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 2:26:36 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Sep 2022 05:38:22 GMT, mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk (Roger
> Ford) wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:32:30 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
> >wrote:

> >>BOTH CORRECT - neither on youtube.
> >
> >I don't have "Michael" (horrid song I always disliked in ANY version)
> >but the Ricky Page will be there shortly
> >
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEqeNkVAX3E

Okay, this one I detest, it's a 2.

Roger Ford

Sep 24, 2022, 2:39:29 AM9/24/22
wrote:

>1960s Music for $500. And the answer is!
>
>This 1960s hitmaker's middle name is Levone.

Who is Gary (U.S) Bonds

Bruce

Sep 24, 2022, 10:12:12 AM9/24/22
On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 2:39:29 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 21:08:40 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>

> >1960s Music for $500. And the answer is!
> >
> >This 1960s hitmaker's middle name is Levone.
> >
> Who is Gary (U.S) Bonds

CORRECT

DianeE

Sep 24, 2022, 1:33:25 PM9/24/22
On 9/24/2022 2:26 AM, Roger Ford wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Sep 2022 05:38:22 GMT, mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk (Roger
> Ford) wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:32:30 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
>> wrote:

>>> BOTH CORRECT - neither on youtube.
>>
>> I don't have "Michael" (horrid song I always disliked in ANY version)
>> but the Ricky Page will be there shortly
>>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEqeNkVAX3E

Oh, a female Ricky (Rickie on the label)! Actually sounds better than
the lugubrious G-Clefs.

Bruce

Sep 24, 2022, 2:02:48 PM9/24/22
On Saturday, September 24, 2022 at 1:33:25 PM UTC-4, DianeE wrote:

> Oh, a female Ricky (Rickie on the label)! Actually sounds better than
> the lugubrious G-Clefs.

Instead of sand and dismal, I'd call it exceedingly wimpy.