Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - Pre-1947 Edition - August 2022 - Round 1 - Group 5

Bruce

Aug 14, 2022, 12:03:29 AM8/14/22
Group 5 is now open.

Darktown Strutters Ball - Ella Fitzgerald
https://www.youtube.com/watch/zSpxUzwEqpE

I Wonder- Pvt. Cecil Gant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHLqFFpnJiQ&t=58s

Oklahoma Hills- Jack Guthrie
https://youtu.be/IvoZbdaxmPE?t=19

My Very Good Friend The Milkman - Fats Waller
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNL52txAbhw

Bruce

Aug 14, 2022, 12:04:16 AM8/14/22
MY RANKINGS

1. Darktown Strutters Ball - Ella Fitzgerald
2. Oklahoma Hills- Jack Guthrie
3. I Wonder- Pvt. Cecil Gant
4. My Very Good Friend The Milkman - Fats Waller

ROGER
My very good friend the milkman
I wonder
Darktown strutters ball
Oaklahoma Hills

Rick Schubert

Aug 14, 2022, 12:56:46 AM8/14/22
On Sat, 13 Aug 2022 21:03:28 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

>Group 5 is now open.

1. Darktown Strutters Ball - Ella Fitzgerald
2. My Very Good Friend The Milkman - Fats Waller
3. I Wonder - Pvt. Cecil Gant
4. Oklahoma Hills - Jack Guthrie

Steve Mc

Aug 14, 2022, 1:28:01 AM8/14/22

1. Darktown Strutters Ball - Ella Fitzgerald

2. Oklahoma Hills- Jack Guthrie

3. My Very Good Friend The Milkman - Fats Waller

4. I Wonder- Pvt. Cecil Gant

--
Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

Carl

Aug 14, 2022, 2:48:36 AM8/14/22
On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 9:03:29 PM UTC-7, Bruce wrote:
> Group 5 is now open.

1. Darktown Strutters Ball - Ella Fitzgerald
2. My Very Good Friend The Milkman - Fats Waller
3. Oklahoma Hills- Jack Guthrie
4. I Wonder- Pvt. Cecil Gant

Bill B

Aug 14, 2022, 5:54:30 AM8/14/22
> 1. Oklahoma Hills- Jack Guthrie
> 2. Darktown Strutters Ball - Ella Fitzgerald
> 3. My Very Good Friend The Milkman - Fats Waller
> 4. I Wonder- Pvt. Cecil Gant

DianeE

Aug 14, 2022, 6:23:10 AM8/14/22

1-I Wonder- Pvt. Cecil Gant
2-Oklahoma Hills- Jack Guthrie
3-My Very Good Friend The Milkman - Fats Waller
4-Darktown Strutters Ball - Ella Fitzgerald

Dennis C from Tennessee

Aug 14, 2022, 9:14:09 AM8/14/22
1- Cecil Gant

2- Jack Guthrie

3- Fats Waller

4- Ella Fitzgerald

Jim Colegrove

Mark D.

Aug 14, 2022, 10:10:03 AM8/14/22
On Aug 13, 2022 at 11:03:28 PM CDT, "Bruce" <Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

> Group 5 is now open.

I Wonder- Pvt. Cecil Gant
My Very Good Friend The Milkman - Fats Waller
Oklahoma Hills- Jack Guthrie
Darktown Strutters Ball - Ella Fitzgerald

--md

remove "xx" for email

Bruce

Aug 14, 2022, 10:29:58 AM8/14/22
FINAL RANKINGS - same as Brucie G.

1. Darktown Strutters Ball - Ella Fitzgerald - 27
2. Oklahoma Hills- Jack Guthrie - 26

3. I Wonder- Pvt. Cecil Gant - 24
4. My Very Good Friend The Milkman - Fats Waller - 23

Tight contest all around, but Steve's Ella Struts to victory with Bill's Hills a point behind and they both move into the SWEET 16. Mart's Gant and Fats Ford are both out.

DianeE

Aug 14, 2022, 2:01:28 PM8/14/22
On 8/14/2022 10:29 AM, Bruce wrote:
> FINAL RANKINGS - same as Brucie G.
>

> 1. Darktown Strutters Ball - Ella Fitzgerald - 27
> 2. Oklahoma Hills- Jack Guthrie - 26
I have to say that "Oklahoma Hills" record is a terrific earworm. I
can't stop singing it, or at least the first 2 lines of it.

Bill B

Aug 14, 2022, 2:46:35 PM8/14/22
The lines I keep singing are:

Way down yonder in the Indian nation
A cowboy's life is my occupation
In those Oklahoma hills where I was born