Answer to Sonic's "Who is the artist?"

RWC

Aug 16, 2022, 4:26:00 PM8/16/22

Hold Me Forever - Sandy Hartford With "The Academics" [Aurora 1956
b-side] - 1959
audio from that 2017 'Diner Jukebox' album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW2NwKfW8uM

To prove this is very likely correct, YouTube has the a-side for
comparison:

Hey Da Da - Sandy Hartford With "The Academics" [Aurora 1956] - 1959
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bHiCKKq2eo 2:37

I note the copies of Hey Da Da on YouTube are slowed down versions of
the original 45 which states 1:57 on the label. This track on the
'Diner Jukebox' album is officially 1:58 (close enough for a match):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyA1p04ygX4
"pop-rock crooner accompanied by Cossack-style chorus," electric
guitar, talented balalaika playing...

I'm guessing "The Academics" chorus, like Ervin Litkei, had East
European connections :-)

each and every track on the album can be heard in full here:
(in addition there is a description and the lyrics for each track)
https://www.apmmusic.com/albums/SOHO_SOHOA_0131

so far, I've found the artist for 9 other album tracks; the songs
were released on small label 45s between 1958 and 1966