Randy Sparks

DianeE

Feb 18, 2024, 2:31:59 PMFeb 18
Randy Sparks, founder of the New Christy Minstrels, has died at age 90.
They had a low-charting record in 1962 and two records on the charts in
1963 (plus other hits outside our era). More interesting is that former
members of the group include Steve Martin, Kenny Rogers, John Denver,
Barry McGuire, and Kim Carnes.

And a fun fact: Randy Sparks's real name was not Randall or Randolph,
but........Lloyd.

Roger

Feb 18, 2024, 3:50:19 PMFeb 18
They were popular over here for a while in the mid-60's just scraping the UK charts with the comedic "Three Wheels On My Wagon"

DianeE

Feb 18, 2024, 5:17:21 PMFeb 18
Certainly not my cup of (very watery and heavily saccharined) tea, but
also undeniably the cradle of a lot of talent.