REVIEW - Doc Pomus: "No Home Blues" - CHESS 1440; NOVEMBER 1950

DianeE

Sep 16, 2021, 10:31:06 AM9/16/21

Roger Ford

Sep 16, 2021, 11:15:58 AM9/16/21
On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 10:31:04 -0400, DianeE <Dia...@NoSpam.net> wrote:

>https://www.spontaneouslunacy.net/doc-pomus-no-home-blues-chess-1440/
>

>YOUTUBE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzbNTdY1K7E

Doc's tenure in the 1950 Battle was very short with this one

R1
>15 Wynonie Harris - Mr.Blues Is Coming To Town - King 4402
> 1 Doc Pomus - No Home Blues - Chess 1440
>
>My fingers are getting tired of typing this next bit
>WINNER : WYNONIE

Okay come on..'fess up....who was that solitary one voter?

>SPONTANEOUS LUNACY VERDICT 6/10

It's another 7 for me

ROGER FORD
-----------------------

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk) Please

https://www.avg.com

DianeE

Sep 16, 2021, 11:26:27 AM9/16/21
On 9/16/2021 11:15 AM, Roger Ford wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 10:31:04 -0400, DianeE <Dia...@NoSpam.net> wrote:
>
>> https://www.spontaneouslunacy.net/doc-pomus-no-home-blues-chess-1440/
>>

>> YOUTUBE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzbNTdY1K7E
>>

> Doc's tenure in the 1950 Battle was very short with this one
>
> R1
>> 15 Wynonie Harris - Mr.Blues Is Coming To Town - King 4402
>> 1 Doc Pomus - No Home Blues - Chess 1440
>>
>> My fingers are getting tired of typing this next bit
>> WINNER : WYNONIE
>
> Okay come on..'fess up....who was that solitary one voter?
Sure wasn't me--that's one of my absolute favorite Wynonie Harris
records. Get your business straight, Mr. Blues is coming to town!
>> SPONTANEOUS LUNACY VERDICT 6/10
>
> It's another 7 for me
His voice definitely sounds a lot better than it did on the other side,
but there's nothing really exciting about this record--kind of a
snoozer, another 5 for me.