LET'S ....PLAY....(1950s Music)...JEOPARDY! - Monday 8-15-22

Bruce

Aug 15, 2022, 12:42:03 AM8/15/22
Here are the 5 Jeopardy answers for today:

1. And the answer is!

This singer provided the second voice heard on Fats Domino's 1957 hit "When I See You."

2. And the answer is!

Before they ever recorded, this 1950s vocal group was known as the Essos.

3. And the answer is!

They were the first female vocal group to have a number one hit on the
Billboard R&B chart during the 1950s

4. And the answer is!

In the June 1, 1959 issue of Billboard they debuted their new "Bubbling Under The Hot 100" chart, and this doo wop record was #101 on that chart.

5. And the answer is!

This 1950s singer's real name was Vincent Francis Guzzo.

Roger Ford

Aug 15, 2022, 2:54:50 AM8/15/22
On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 21:42:02 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
wrote:

>Here are the 5 Jeopardy answers for today:
>
>1. And the answer is!
>
>This singer provided the second voice heard on Fats Domino's 1957 hit "When I See You."

Who is Ann Cole

>2. And the answer is!
>
>Before they ever recorded, this 1950s vocal group was known as the Essos.

Who aree the rama-lama-ding-donging Edsels

>3. And the answer is!
>
>They were the first female vocal group to have a number one hit on the
>Billboard R&B chart during the 1950s

Who have surely GOTTA BE the Bobbettes and "Mr Lee" surely?

>4. And the answer is!
>
>In the June 1, 1959 issue of Billboard they debuted their new "Bubbling Under The Hot 100" chart, and this doo wop record was #101 on that chart.

What is "A Prayer And A Juke Box" by Little Anthony & The IMperials

>5. And the answer is!
>
>This 1950s singer's real name was Vincent Francis Guzzo.

Who is my close relation Frankie of "Sea Cruise" fame :)

ROGER FORD
-----------------------

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk) Please

Bruce

Aug 15, 2022, 10:05:27 AM8/15/22
On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 2:54:50 AM UTC-4, Roger Ford wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 21:42:02 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
> wrote:
> >Here are the 5 Jeopardy answers for today:
> >
> >1. And the answer is!
> >
> >This singer provided the second voice heard on Fats Domino's 1957 hit "When I See You."
> >

> Who is Ann Cole
> >2. And the answer is!
> >
> >Before they ever recorded, this 1950s vocal group was known as the Essos.
> >

> Who aree the rama-lama-ding-donging Edsels
> >3. And the answer is!
> >
> >They were the first female vocal group to have a number one hit on the
> >Billboard R&B chart during the 1950s
> >

> Who have surely GOTTA BE the Bobbettes and "Mr Lee" surely?
> >4. And the answer is!
> >
> >In the June 1, 1959 issue of Billboard they debuted their new "Bubbling Under The Hot 100" chart, and this doo wop record was #101 on that chart.
> >

> What is "A Prayer And A Juke Box" by Little Anthony & The IMperials
> >5. And the answer is!
> >
> >This 1950s singer's real name was Vincent Francis Guzzo.
> >
> Who is my close relation Frankie of "Sea Cruise" fame :)

Roger sweeps the board with all 5 correct!