Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - September 2021 - Round 1 - Group 7

DianeE

Sep 16, 2021, 6:34:26 AM9/16/21
Thurs. Sept. 16 2021

Sav...@aol.com

Sep 16, 2021, 9:29:38 AM9/16/21

The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWlBzk7UFGA

Rockyn' Up - Ronnie Molleen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMWbRX9Nxj0

It's Fun To Be Living In The Crazy House - Redd Foxx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncp0si6wPg8

Here In My Heart - Timetones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GOU0NZo968

Roger Ford

Sep 16, 2021, 9:43:56 AM9/16/21
On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 06:29:37 -0700 (PDT), "Sav...@aol.com"
<Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

>Group 7 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James
Rockyn' Up - Ronnie Molleen
Here In My Heart - Timetones
It's Fun To Be Living In The Crazy House - Redd Foxx

ROGER FORD
-----------------------

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk) Please

https://www.avg.com

Sav...@aol.com

Sep 16, 2021, 9:58:19 AM9/16/21
MY RANKINGS

1. It's Fun To Be Living In The Crazy House - Redd Foxx
2. Here In My Heart - Timetones
3. Rockyn' Up - Ronnie Molleen
4. The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James

Steve Mc

Sep 16, 2021, 10:07:17 AM9/16/21

1. The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James

2. Here In My Heart - Timetones

3. Rockyn' Up - Ronnie Molleen

4. It's Fun To Be Living In The Crazy House - Redd Foxx

--
Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

DianeE

Sep 16, 2021, 10:29:50 AM9/16/21
1-Rockyn' Up - Ronnie Molleen
2-The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James
3-It's Fun To Be Living In The Crazy House - Redd Foxx
4-Here In My Heart - Timetones

Carl

Sep 16, 2021, 11:05:21 AM9/16/21
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 6:29:38 AM UTC-7, Sav...@aol.com wrote:
> Group 7 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

1. The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James
2. Here In My Heart - Timetones
3. Rockyn' Up - Ronnie Molleen
4. It's Fun To Be Living In The Crazy House - Redd Foxx

Rick Schubert

Sep 16, 2021, 11:18:37 AM9/16/21
On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 06:29:37 -0700 (PDT), "Sav...@aol.com" <Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

>Group 7 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

1. Here In My Heart - Timetones
2. The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James
3. Rockyn' Up - Ronnie Molleen
4. It's Fun To Be Living In The Crazy House - Redd Foxx

Dennis C from Tennessee

Sep 16, 2021, 12:04:21 PM9/16/21
1- Timetones

2- Elmore James

3- Ronie Moleen

4- Redd Foxx

md

Sep 16, 2021, 12:07:56 PM9/16/21
On Sep 16, 2021 at 8:29:37 AM CDT, "Sav...@aol.com" <Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

> Group 7 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

It's Fun To Be Living In The Crazy House - Redd Foxx
The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James
Here In My Heart - Timetones
Rockyn' Up - Ronnie Molleen

Weak rounds are the hardest to judge.

--md

remove "xx" from address

Sav...@aol.com

Sep 16, 2021, 12:30:23 PM9/16/21
It's a group, not a round, and you judged very well by putting the Redd Foxx at the top.

Sav...@aol.com

Sep 16, 2021, 2:49:43 PM9/16/21
Jim had computer problems yesterday, but he said he was okay for today. Maybe something else went wrong.

Dennis C from Tennessee

Sep 16, 2021, 3:23:13 PM9/16/21
You got it wrong.

This is the round of 32.

Your original grouping with the five battling preliminaries was just that.....a group!!

Dintenfass has made the right call, Mr. Ump!!

Sav...@aol.com

Sep 16, 2021, 3:42:03 PM9/16/21
But Dinty was commenting on today's 4 items, wasn't he....not on the entire 32 items in this round.

Jim Colegrove

Sav...@aol.com

Sep 16, 2021, 6:09:17 PM9/16/21
FINAL RANKINGS - same as Steve and Carl

1. The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James - 28
2. Here In My Heart - Timetones - 23

3. Rockyn' Up - Ronnie Molleen - 22
4. It's Fun To Be Living In The Crazy House - Redd Foxx - 17

The sun shone again for Carl as his Elmo wins the group. Rick's Times Square doo wop takes second by a pernt over Diane's white Little Richard sounder. And my Fred Sanford special is last and gone, along with Diane's ditty.

Sav...@aol.com

Sep 16, 2021, 6:11:07 PM9/16/21
So Rick and Carl each have 3 items in the SWEET 16, and I am begging for a second one in the final group of this round tomorrow.