LET'S ....PLAY....(1950s Music)...JEOPARDY!

Bruce

Aug 13, 2022, 12:08:07 PM8/13/22
And the answer is!

In this song the singer is standing on the corner of Rampart and Canal.

Bruce

Aug 13, 2022, 12:22:30 PM8/13/22
And the answer is!

He played the raunchy sax parts on "The Stroll" by the Diamonds.

Bruce

Aug 13, 2022, 12:24:48 PM8/13/22
And the answer is!

This record debuted at #100 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart for the final week of the 1950s.

Bruce

Aug 13, 2022, 12:31:40 PM8/13/22
And the answer is!

This 1950s Rock Star's favorite musical composition was Beethoven's Egmont overture.

Bruce

Aug 13, 2022, 12:34:41 PM8/13/22
And the answer is!

His real name was John Henry Kendricks.

DianeE

Aug 13, 2022, 1:09:29 PM8/13/22
On 8/13/2022 12:34 PM, Bruce wrote:
> And the answer is!
>
> His real name was John Henry Kendricks.
----------
Finally an easy one--who was Hank Ballard?

Bruce

Aug 13, 2022, 1:17:33 PM8/13/22
Correct!

Bruce

Aug 13, 2022, 1:18:38 PM8/13/22
On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 1:09:29 PM UTC-4, DianeE wrote:
I knew you'd get that one. Knowing real names is a specialty of yours.

Dennis C from Tennessee

Aug 13, 2022, 1:51:25 PM8/13/22
Diane: "Thanks, Dick"!

DianeE

Aug 13, 2022, 2:55:35 PM8/13/22
--------
Rowan: "Goodnight, Dick"

Dennis C from Tennessee

Aug 13, 2022, 4:09:17 PM8/13/22
Good one, Muller!!

Bill B

Aug 13, 2022, 4:33:17 PM8/13/22
On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 12:22:30 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> And the answer is!
>
> He played the raunchy sax parts on "The Stroll" by the Diamonds.

Who was King Curtis?

Bruce

Aug 13, 2022, 4:40:08 PM8/13/22
YES!!!

Bill B

Aug 13, 2022, 4:48:54 PM8/13/22
On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 12:24:48 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> And the answer is!
>
> This record debuted at #100 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart for the final week of the 1950s.

Is research allowed?

What was
"Darling Lorraine" by the Knockouts?

Bruce

Aug 13, 2022, 5:14:14 PM8/13/22
On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 4:48:54 PM UTC-4, bb...@optonline.net wrote:
> On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 12:24:48 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> > And the answer is!
> >
> > This record debuted at #100 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart for the final week of the 1950s.
> Is research allowed?

Have you ever seen Jeopardy? Are the contestants allowed to use their i-phones to google with?

> What was "Darling Lorraine" by the Knockouts?

YES

Bruce

Aug 13, 2022, 5:20:12 PM8/13/22
Okay, 2. 3 and 5 have been answered. Here are 1 and 4 again.

1. And the answer is!

In this song the singer is standing on the corner of Rampart and Canal.

4. And the answer is!

This 1950s Rock Star's favorite musical composition was Beethoven's Egmont overture.

If no one gets them by midnight ET tonight I will post the questions. Then I will post 5 new answers for Sunday.

DianeE

Aug 13, 2022, 6:15:39 PM8/13/22
On 8/13/2022 12:08 PM, Bruce wrote:
> And the answer is!
>
> In this song the singer is standing on the corner of Rampart and Canal.
---------
Well, it's not "Mardi Gras In New Orleans"--that's Rampart and Dumaine.
It's not "Mardi Gras Mambo"--that's LaSalle and Rampart. Rampart must
be a busy street. Someone else will have to figure this one out.

Bruce

Aug 13, 2022, 7:48:12 PM8/13/22
On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 6:15:39 PM UTC-4, DianeE wrote:
> On 8/13/2022 12:08 PM, Bruce wrote:
> > And the answer is!
> >
> > In this song the singer is standing on the corner of Rampart and Canal.
> ---------
> Well, it's not "Mardi Gras In New Orleans"--that's Rampart and Dumaine.
> It's not "Mardi Gras Mambo"--that's LaSalle and Rampart. Rampart must
> be a busy street.

You don't remember being on Rampart Street?

Bruce

Aug 13, 2022, 11:35:22 PM8/13/22
On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 5:14:14 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 4:48:54 PM UTC-4, bb...@optonline.net wrote:
> > On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 12:24:48 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> > > And the answer is!
> > >
> > > This record debuted at #100 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart for the final week of the 1950s.

> > Is research allowed?

Seriously, you can do what you want, but if you research them to get the answer, don't post it here until like the late afternoon after everybody has had a chance to answer it.

Bruce

Aug 14, 2022, 12:09:53 AM8/14/22
Okay, the 2 that were not answered today:

1. And the answer is!

In this song the singer is standing on the corner of Rampart and Canal.

What is "The Fat Man" by Fats Domino?

Cued up to the spot - https://youtu.be/xgCjiOjTqFU?t=51

4. And the answer is!

This 1950s Rock Star's favorite musical composition was Beethoven's Egmont overture.

Who is Gene Vincent?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Vincent

His musical influences included country, rhythm and blues, and gospel. His favorite composition was Beethoven's Egmont overture.

DianeE

Aug 14, 2022, 6:24:09 AM8/14/22
---------
I remember that Canal was a big wide street.

Bill B

Aug 14, 2022, 7:37:39 AM8/14/22
On Sunday, August 14, 2022 at 12:09:53 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> Okay, the 2 that were not answered today:
>
> 1. And the answer is!
> In this song the singer is standing on the corner of Rampart and Canal.
> What is "The Fat Man" by Fats Domino?

I thought I ran a Google search for lyrics Fats Domino Rampart Canal, but I guess I didn't because 'The Fat Man" comes up when I just ran it.

Bruce

Aug 14, 2022, 9:31:26 AM8/14/22
Wouldn't it be easier to just listen to the record?

Bill B

Aug 14, 2022, 9:42:04 AM8/14/22
On Sunday, August 14, 2022 at 9:31:26 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Sunday, August 14, 2022 at 7:37:39 AM UTC-4, bb... wrote:
> > On Sunday, August 14, 2022 at 12:09:53 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> > > Okay, the 2 that were not answered today:
> > >
> > > 1. And the answer is!
> > > In this song the singer is standing on the corner of Rampart and Canal.
> > > What is "The Fat Man" by Fats Domino?
> > >
> > I thought I ran a Google search for lyrics Fats Domino Rampart Canal, but I guess I didn't because 'The Fat Man" comes up when I just ran it.
> Wouldn't it be easier to just listen to the record?

Not if I didn't have a specific record in mind.