Remaining Google Groups Members

RWC

Dec 20, 2023, 10:52:13 AM12/20/23

In recent times these were the contributing members using GG

Bill
Bob
Bruce
Carl
Dean
Roger

Congratulations to "Bruce" and "roger" on migrating to Nova.

(...Bill's most recent msg was from GG)

As soon as Bill, Bob, Carl and Dean have left GG for good, some of
us can use a very simple filter to auto delete any message coming from
Google Groups (using the Usenet message-ID) which is where all
the recent spam is ostensibly coming from.

W.Dockery

Dec 20, 2023, 11:35:12 AM12/20/23
As an occasional visitor from the poetry and Dylan newsgroups, this is good news, as the Google Groups have become unreadable because of the amazing flood of spam.

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/thread.php?group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%252Bb.1950s

HTH and HAND.

Dean

Dec 21, 2023, 2:30:14 AM12/21/23
I'm on Nova now. So far so good! Not one piece of spam.

Will Dockery

Dec 21, 2023, 2:43:32 AM12/21/23
On Thursday, December 21, 2023 at 2:30:14 AM UTC-5, Dean wrote::

> I'm on Nova now. So far so good! Not one piece of spam.

I just stopped by on Google Groups, and in just a few hours, the Google Groups version has buried recent posts in spam.

Nova BBS is definitely the way to go:

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/thread.php?group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%252Bb.1950s

General-Zod

Feb 21, 2024, 8:05:14 PMFeb 21
Remember, Google Groups is supposed to be closing down Usenet access February 22...

Here's two good Usenet portals, for GG users to continue on with:

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/thread.php?group=rec.music.rock-pop-r%2Bb.1950s

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewforum.php?f=356

Enjoy..!

Rick Schubert

Feb 22, 2024, 12:39:18 AMFeb 22
Test attempt to post from Google Groups. It is now 12:38 AM EST on 2/22. Last post showing was the one I am quoting. Bruce's post at 11:57 PM EST did not make the cut.

Carl

Feb 22, 2024, 1:16:14 AMFeb 22
On Wednesday, December 20, 2023 at 8:52:13 AM UTC-7, RWC wrote:
> In recent times these were the contributing members using GG

Just created a Nova account. Tried to respond to Bruce's semi-final post. It sends me to a page to create a new post. Can't figured out how to reply to a post. What am I doing wrong?

General-Zod

Feb 22, 2024, 6:30:23 AMFeb 22
On Thursday, February 22, 2024 at 1:16:14 AM UTC-5, Carl wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 20, 2023 at 8:52:13 AM UTC-7, RWC wrote:
>
> > In recent times these were the contributing members using GG
> >
> Just created a Nova account. Tried to respond to Bruce's semi-final post. It sends me to a page to create a new post. Can't figured out how to reply to a post. What am I doing wrong?

Hit "Reply" at the bottom of the post, then "Quote" and "Post"

Will Dockery

Feb 22, 2024, 9:11:11 AMFeb 22
My guess is that Google Groups will shut down at Midnight tonight.