Geoff's Top Faves, Vol. 19

RWC

May 23, 2023, 12:55:32 PM5/23/23

Willie Tremain's Thunderbirds - Midnight Express [Cuca 1001;;Sauk City
WI] - c.Aug 1959 {Instro}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fBhhumoCs

Jack Gillen With The Internationals - Don't Treat Me This Way
[Provencher 1001;;FL] - 1958
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XTVN39h45Q

Jack Moore with The Clefs - Half Angel [Capri 62-2;;Conroe TX] - Aug
1962
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-YUSRHHED8

Jackie Morningstar - Rockin' In The Graveyard [Sandy 1018;;Mobile AL]
- Apr 1959

Jacky Noguez AHO - Marina [Jamie 1137;;Philadelphia] - Oct 1959

James Mask and His Impalas - Sweetest Little Girl [Unissued]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_aVsuBz5HQ

Jane Morgan and The Troubadours - Fascination [Kapp 191X;;NYC] - Aug
1957

Janis Martin - Love Me, Love Me [RCA Unissued] - 1958

Jay Fanning w. J.Edmondson led Orch. - Church Bells [Acme 2035;;KY] -
Nov 1961

Jerry Irby - Forty Nine Women [Polly 201;;TX] - Dec 1956
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpBWaeBFdPk
Jerry first recorded this song for Cireco Records in late 1949
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9OUvmObSNY

Bruce

May 23, 2023, 2:05:38 PM5/23/23
On Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 12:55:32 PM UTC-4, RWC wrote:
> Willie Tremain's Thunderbirds - Midnight Express [Cuca 1001;;Sauk City
> WI] - c.Aug 1959 {Instro}
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fBhhumoCs
>
> Jack Gillen With The Internationals - Don't Treat Me This Way
> [Provencher 1001;;FL] - 1958
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XTVN39h45Q
>
> Jack Moore with The Clefs - Half Angel [Capri 62-2;;Conroe TX] - Aug
> 1962
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-YUSRHHED8
>
> Jackie Morningstar - Rockin' In The Graveyard [Sandy 1018;;Mobile AL]
> - Apr 1959
>
> Jacky Noguez AHO - Marina [Jamie 1137;;Philadelphia] - Oct 1959
>
> James Mask and His Impalas - Sweetest Little Girl [Unissued]
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_aVsuBz5HQ
>
> Jane Morgan and The Troubadours - Fascination [Kapp 191X;;NYC] - Aug
> 1957

Fucking awful

Hard to believe that you like so many cornball halfass white teen/fake rock and roll records from the late 50s and early 60s.

> Jay Fanning w. J.Edmondson led Orch. - Church Bells [Acme 2035;;KY] -
> Nov 1961

I have a copy for sale if you need it.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1066958627

> Jerry Irby - Forty Nine Women [Polly 201;;TX] - Dec 1956
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpBWaeBFdPk

Do you know where you got this year from? I had it blank and Terry Gordon does not list a year either. Hard to believe Dec 1956 given that he had another record on a different label that was reviewed in Dec 1956.

RWC

May 23, 2023, 5:31:24 PM5/23/23

>> Jerry Irby - Forty Nine Women [Polly 201;;TX] - Dec 1956
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpBWaeBFdPk
>
>Do you know where you got this year from?

One of my mp3's, from The Texas Box Oddball Labels CD7 (Discogs only
lists CDs 1-3)
https://www.bear-family.de/catalogarchive/catalog/Be-Records-Katalog-Hdl/files/assets/basic-html/page-9.html
, has 1957 (perhaps derived from the 200+ page booklet for the BF set)
but I decided to use the alleged recording date stated in a YT
comment, the same comment that mentioned the first recording by
Irby (an mp3 of mine for this earlier version has 1948).

Roger Ford

May 24, 2023, 1:25:03 AM5/24/23
On Tue, 23 May 2023 12:55:28 -0400, RWC <lets...@opbox.com> wrote:

>Jackie Morningstar - Rockin' In The Graveyard [Sandy 1018;;Mobile AL]
>- Apr 1959

One of founding father Norm Katuna's faves if I recall correctly---its
okay but I much prefer the similarly themed "Dead Man's Stroll"
(released in UK as "MIdnight Stroll") by The Revels

ROGER FORD
-----------------------

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk) Please

RWC

May 24, 2023, 5:29:51 AM5/24/23
On Tue, 23 May 2023 11:05:37 -0700 (PDT), Bruce <Sav...@aol.com>
wrote:

>> Jane Morgan and The Troubadours - Fascination [Kapp 191X;;NYC] - Aug
>> 1957
>
>Fucking awful

Bruce, you sound like someone who has not escaped from their minority,
or socio-economically challenged, upbringing.

>Hard to believe that you like so many cornball halfass white teen/fake rock and roll records from the late 50s and early 60s.

So many? I bet you can't list even 1 fake rock and roll record that I
have posted in this series. Do not prevaricate Bruce, name any
artist-song that by clear implication I have falsely claimed to be
rock and roll - you can't; if you do I'll be ready :-)

>> Jay Fanning w. J.Edmondson led Orch. - Church Bells [Acme 2035;;KY] -
>> Nov 1961
>
>I have a copy for sale if you need it.
>
>https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1066958627

I'm genuinely impressed, Bruce, by your excellent reputation as
a reliable seller on Discogs.

RWC

May 24, 2023, 6:44:58 AM5/24/23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRAmuFud7gc

>But I much prefer the similarly themed "Dead Man's Stroll"
>(released in UK as "MIdnight Stroll") by The Revels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5X-fZugIso {nice copy}

Roger, thanks, but I prefer the 'brighter' sounding Rockin' In The
Graveyard.

Bruce

May 24, 2023, 12:18:00 PM5/24/23
You spelled "whiter" wrong.