Re: Pre-1947 Recordings - All Time Tournament - Round 2 - Group 1

Bruce

Feb 18, 2024, 12:05:15 AMFeb 18
MY RANKINGS

1. In The Mood - Glenn Miller
2. Let The Good Times Roll - Louis Jordan
3. Chattanooga Choo Choo- Glenn Miller
4. That Chick's Too Young To Fry - Louis Jordan

Bruce

Feb 18, 2024, 12:05:15 AMFeb 18
Group 1 is now open.

That Chick's Too Young To Fry - Louis Jordan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT80WNF_Fzo

In The Mood - Glenn Miller
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXWBxHv3oaY

Let The Good Times Roll - Louis Jordan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFtjvgkqAzg

Chattanooga Choo Choo- Glenn Miller
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=towd-TeGMVY

Steve Mc

Feb 18, 2024, 12:17:34 AMFeb 18
Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

Carl

Feb 18, 2024, 12:43:52 AMFeb 18
On Saturday, February 17, 2024 at 10:05:15 PM UTC-7, Bruce wrote:
> Group 1 is now open.

1. Chattanooga Choo Choo- Glenn Miller
2. In The Mood - Glenn Miller
3. That Chick's Too Young To Fry - Louis Jordan
4. Let The Good Times Roll - Louis Jordan

Roger

Feb 18, 2024, 12:55:11 AMFeb 18
Bruce wrote:

> Group 1 is now open.

That Chick's Too Young To Fry - Louis Jordan
Let The Good Times Roll - Louis Jordan
Chattanooga Choo Choo- Glenn Miller

Rick Schubert

Feb 18, 2024, 12:55:24 AMFeb 18
On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 05:00:54 +0000, sav...@aol.com (Bruce) wrote:

>Group 1 is now open.

1. Let The Good Times Roll - Louis Jordan And His Tympany Five
2. That Chick's Too Young To Fry - Louis Jordan And His Tympany Five
3. In The Mood - Glenn Miller and his Orch.
4. Chattanooga Choo Choo - Glenn Miller and his Orchestra

DianeE

Feb 18, 2024, 6:45:39 AMFeb 18
I am not happy with this group. Surely the 2 songs by Miller could have
been put in 2 different groups. Not a good look.

1-In The Mood - Glenn Miller
2-Chattanooga Choo Choo- Glenn Miller
3-Let The Good Times Roll - Louis Jordan
4-That Chick's Too Young To Fry - Louis Jordan

Jim Colegrove

Feb 18, 2024, 7:57:47 AMFeb 18

1. That Chick's Too Young To Fry - Louis Jordan

2. Let The Good Times Roll - Louis Jordan

3. In The Mood - Glenn Miller

4. Chattanooga Choo Choo- Glenn Miller

Bruce

Feb 18, 2024, 9:10:14 AMFeb 18
DianeE wrote:

> I am not happy with this group. Surely the 2 songs by Miller could have
> been put in 2 different groups. Not a good look.

There's no rule against artists being up against themselves. Much more important not to have records face records that they have already faced in this tournament, and to not have 2 records nominated by the same person in the same group unless there is no other choice because one nominator has so many items still in the contest :-).

In order to separate the Millers and not have them face something they already faced in this tournament both of Bill's items would have been in the same group.

Next round some records will have to face a record they've already faced in the tournament. No way around that once you get to the ELITE 8. But they can't face a record that they just faced in this round.

Mark D.

Feb 18, 2024, 10:25:19 AMFeb 18
On Feb 17, 2024 at 11:00:54 PM CST, "Bruce" <Bruce> wrote:

> Group 1 is now open.

That Chick's Too Young To Fry - Louis Jordan
Let The Good Times Roll - Louis Jordan
Chattanooga Choo Choo- Glenn Miller
In The Mood - Glenn Miller

Diane's right. This grouping is terrible.

--md

remove "xx" for email

Bruce

Feb 18, 2024, 11:00:15 AMFeb 18
FINAL RANKINGS

1. Let The Good Times Roll - Louis Jordan And His Tympany Five - 22
2. In The Mood - Glenn Miller and his Orch. - 21

3. That Chick's Too Young To Fry - Louis Jordan And His Tympany Five - 20
4. Chattanooga Choo Choo - Glenn Miller and his Orchestra - 17

Brucie takes both spots in the ELITE EIGHT!

My Jordan Rolls to first place and my Miller takes second as both move into the next round. Roger's Jordan was third and Bill's Miller was last and both are out.