Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - September 2021 - Round 2 - Group 1

DianeE

Sep 18, 2021, 6:27:50 AM9/18/21
Sat. Sept. 18 2021

Sav...@aol.com

Sep 18, 2021, 9:54:47 AM9/18/21

When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4A8JUA_gpE

The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWlBzk7UFGA

Directly From My Heart To You - Little Richard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06YqWV-W-Lw

Honey Bee - Drifters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOaXmqhTzdg

Sav...@aol.com

Sep 18, 2021, 9:55:23 AM9/18/21
MY RANKINGS

1. Honey Bee - Drifters
2. When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords
3. Directly From My Heart To You - Little Richard
4. The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James

md

Sep 18, 2021, 10:02:07 AM9/18/21
On Sep 18, 2021 at 8:54:46 AM CDT, "Sav...@aol.com" <Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

> Group 1 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

Honey Bee - Drifters
Directly From My Heart To You - Little Richard
When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords
The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James

--md

remove "xx" from address

DianeE

Sep 18, 2021, 10:19:15 AM9/18/21
1-Honey Bee - Drifters
2- The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James
3-Directly From My Heart To You - Little Richard
4-When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords

Roger Ford

Sep 18, 2021, 10:24:59 AM9/18/21
On Sat, 18 Sep 2021 06:54:46 -0700 (PDT), "Sav...@aol.com"
<Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

>Group 1 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

Honey Bee - Drifters
The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James
When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords
Directly From My Heart To You - Little Richard

ROGER FORD
-----------------------

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk) Please

https://www.avg.com

Steve Mc

Sep 18, 2021, 10:34:05 AM9/18/21

1. Directly From My Heart To You - Little Richard

2. The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James

3. Honey Bee - Drifters

4. When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords

--
Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

Carl

Sep 18, 2021, 11:39:05 AM9/18/21
On Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 6:54:47 AM UTC-7, Sav...@aol.com wrote:
> Group 1 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

1. The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James
2. Directly From My Heart To You - Little Richard
3. Honey Bee - Drifters
4. When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords

Rick Schubert

Sep 18, 2021, 12:24:30 PM9/18/21
On Sat, 18 Sep 2021 06:54:46 -0700 (PDT), "Sav...@aol.com" <Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

>Group 1 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

1. When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords
2. Honey Bee - Drifters
3. The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James
4. Directly From My Heart To You - Little Richard

Dennis C from Tennessee

Sep 18, 2021, 12:59:57 PM9/18/21
1- Elmore James

2- Bop Chords

3- Drifters

4- Little Richard( Perhaps this was the only Little Richard song Dave Bull ever heard?)

Jim Colegrove

Sep 18, 2021, 4:06:02 PM9/18/21

Sav...@aol.com

Sep 18, 2021, 4:59:54 PM9/18/21
FINAL RANKINGS - same as Roger.

Honey Bee - Drifters - 29
The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James - 22

When I Woke Up This Morning - Bop-Chords - 20
Directly From My Heart To You - Little Richard - 19

Roger's Bee buzzes to the win with Carl's Elmo taking second as those two move into the ELITE 8. Rick's Bop-Chords will be hibernating now and Steve's Little Richard went directly to the basement.