Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - August 2021 - Preliminary Round - Group 2

DianeE

Aug 3, 2021, 6:29:27 AM8/3/21
Tues. Aug. 3 2021

Sav...@aol.com

Aug 3, 2021, 9:27:15 AM8/3/21

Wear Your Black Dress - Willie Egans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_siALF3NGOQ

Sweetheart Please Don't Go - The Gladiolas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMTPDRcNyGk

Here Comes The Night - Billy Guitar and His Nighthawks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qED1hLdSu9s

Love You Baby - Bobby Bland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3LEt6HkSD0

Poison Ivy - Willie Mabon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMteO-q8r4U

Sav...@aol.com

Aug 3, 2021, 9:28:05 AM8/3/21
MY RANKINGS

1. Poison Ivy - Willie Mabon
2. Wear Your Black Dress - Willie Egans
3. Sweetheart Please Don't Go - The Gladiolas
4. Love You Baby - Bobby Bland
5. Here Comes The Night - Billy Guitar and His Nighthawks

Carl

Aug 3, 2021, 10:03:02 AM8/3/21
On Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 6:27:15 AM UTC-7, Sav...@aol.com wrote:
> Group 2 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

1. Sweetheart Please Don't Go - The Gladiolas
2. Wear Your Black Dress - Willie Egans
3. Poison Ivy - Willie Mabon
4. Here Comes The Night - Billy Guitar and His Nighthawks
5. Love You Baby - Bobby Bland

Steve Mc

Aug 3, 2021, 10:23:49 AM8/3/21

1. Here Comes The Night - Billy Guitar and His Nighthawks

2. Love You Baby - Bobby Bland

3. Wear Your Black Dress - Willie Egans

4. Sweetheart Please Don't Go - The Gladiolas

5. Poison Ivy - Willie Mabon

--
Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

Roger Ford

Aug 3, 2021, 10:37:03 AM8/3/21
On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 06:27:14 -0700 (PDT), "Sav...@aol.com"
<Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

>Group 2 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

Wear Your Black Dress - Willie Egans - 9
Sweetheart Please Don't Go - The Gladiolas - 9
Poison Ivy - Willie Mabon - 7
Love You Baby - Bobby Bland - 7
Here Comes The Night - Billy Guitar and His Nighthawks - 6

ROGER FORD
-----------------------

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk) Please

https://www.avg.com

DianeE

Aug 3, 2021, 10:39:05 AM8/3/21
1-Wear Your Black Dress - Willie Egans
2-Poison Ivy - Willie Mabon
3-Sweetheart Please Don't Go - The Gladiolas
4-Here Comes The Night - Billy Guitar and His Nighthawks
5-Love You Baby - Bobby Bland

md

Aug 3, 2021, 11:23:50 AM8/3/21
On Aug 3, 2021 at 8:27:14 AM CDT, "Sav...@aol.com" <Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

> Group 2 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

Poison Ivy - Willie Mabon
Wear Your Black Dress - Willie Egans
Love You Baby - Bobby Bland
Sweetheart Please Don't Go - The Gladiolas
Here Comes The Night - Billy Guitar and His Nighthawks

I liked ll of these, making for tough choices.

--md

remove "xx" from address

Jim Colegrove

Aug 3, 2021, 12:00:06 PM8/3/21

1. Love You Baby - Bobby Bland

2. Wear Your Black Dress - Willie Egans

3. Here Comes The Night - Billy Guitar and His Nighthawks

4. Sweetheart Please Don't Go - The Gladiolas

5. Poison Ivy - Willie Mabon

Rick Schubert

Aug 3, 2021, 12:14:11 PM8/3/21
On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 06:27:14 -0700 (PDT), "Sav...@aol.com" <Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

>Group 2 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

1. Sweetheart Please Don't Go - The Gladiolas
2. Poison Ivy - Willie Mabon
3. Love You Baby - Bobby Bland
4. Wear Your Black Dress - Willie Egans
5. Here Comes The Night - Billy Guitar and His Nighthawks

Dennis C from Tennessee

Aug 3, 2021, 12:27:56 PM8/3/21
1- Willie Mabon

2- Bobby Bland

3- Willie Egans

4- The Gladiolas

5- Billy Guitar and his Nighthawks

Sav...@aol.com

Aug 3, 2021, 12:58:19 PM8/3/21
FINAL RANKINGS

1. Wear Your Black Dress - Willie Egans - 34
2. Poison Ivy - Willie Mabon - 31
3. Sweetheart Please Don't Go - The Gladiolas - 28
4. Love You Baby - Bobby Bland - 25

5. Here Comes The Night - Billy Guitar and His Nighthawks - 17

Roger's Black Dress wins the group, and the old boy looked fabulous in it. Diane's Poison takes second. Carl's Glads take third and Jim's Bland takes 4th to also stay alive. The top 4 here kept up the trend of each one being 3 points apart, but Stevie Guitar ended that when it finished 8 points out of 4th place.