August 16th

DianeE

Aug 16, 2022, 8:38:03 AM8/16/22
Three giants of American pop culture died on this date--Babe Ruth in
1948, Elvis Presley in 1977, and Aretha Franklin in 2018.

Roger Ford

Aug 16, 2022, 12:05:41 PM8/16/22
On Tue, 16 Aug 2022 08:38:00 -0400, DianeE <Dia...@NoSpam.net> wrote:

>Three giants of American pop culture died on this date--Babe Ruth in
>1948, Elvis Presley in 1977, and Aretha Franklin in 2018.

And the great Bela Lugosi in 1956

ROGER FORD
-----------------------

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk) Please

DianeE

Aug 16, 2022, 1:26:30 PM8/16/22
On 8/16/2022 12:05 PM, Roger Ford wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2022 08:38:00 -0400, DianeE <Dia...@NoSpam.net> wrote:
>
>> Three giants of American pop culture died on this date--Babe Ruth in
>> 1948, Elvis Presley in 1977, and Aretha Franklin in 2018.
>
> And the great Bela Lugosi in 1956

--------
Sure, why not? The Sultan, the King, the Queen...and the Count.

Bruce

Aug 16, 2022, 1:39:50 PM8/16/22
And Clark Gable, Robert Johnson, Idi Amin and Max Roach,

DianeE

Aug 16, 2022, 2:08:02 PM8/16/22
-----------
I said giants of American pop culture--that leaves out Idi Amin, I
think. Gable and Johnson were "iconic," but not at the level of the 3 I
named.
Max Roach reminds me that something else momentous happened on this date
in 1962: Ringo Starr joined the Beatles.

Steve Mc

Aug 16, 2022, 2:29:10 PM8/16/22
LOL !!!

--