Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - August 2021 - Preliminary Round - Group 3

DianeE

Aug 4, 2021, 6:23:53 AM8/4/21
Wed. Aug. 4 2021

Sav...@aol.com

Aug 4, 2021, 9:04:46 AM8/4/21

Have I Sinned - Donnie Elbert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6aI9IP10Bw

The Rat - The Stewart Brothers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whZ0SCHcb2A

After New Year’s Eve - The Heartbeats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSKH60KS95w

Six To Eight - Sticks McGhee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaMzHG1LPDY

Flat Tire - Del Vikings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWxG_FVbqNg

Sav...@aol.com

Aug 4, 2021, 9:05:46 AM8/4/21
MY RANKINGS

1. Six To Eight - Sticks McGhee
2. After New Year’s Eve - The Heartbeats
3. Have I Sinned - Donnie Elbert
4.The Rat - The Stewart Brothers
5. Flat Tire - Del Vikings

Roger Ford

Aug 4, 2021, 9:30:26 AM8/4/21
On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:04:45 -0700 (PDT), "Sav...@aol.com"
<Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

>Group 3 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

Six To Eight - Sticks McGhee - 7
Have I Sinned - Donnie Elbert - 7
Flat Tire - Del Vikings - 7
After New Year's Eve - The Heartbeats - 6
The Rat - The Stewart Brothers - 5

ROGER FORD
-----------------------

an extra "b" in my e-mail address (mari...@bblueyonder.co.uk) Please

https://www.avg.com

md

Aug 4, 2021, 9:47:38 AM8/4/21
On Aug 4, 2021 at 8:04:45 AM CDT, "Sav...@aol.com" <Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

> Group 3 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

Six To Eight - Sticks McGhee
After New Year’s Eve - The Heartbeats
Have I Sinned - Donnie Elbert
The Rat - The Stewart Brothers
Flat Tire - Del Vikings

Something wrong here. Bruce and I agree. :)

--md

remove "xx" from address

Rick Schubert

Aug 4, 2021, 9:57:34 AM8/4/21
On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:04:45 -0700 (PDT), "Sav...@aol.com" <Sav...@aol.com> wrote:

>Group 3 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

1. Flat Tire - Del Vikings
2. After New Year's Eve - The Heartbeats
3. Have I Sinned - Donnie Elbert
4. Six To Eight - Sticks McGhee
5. The Rat - The Stewart Brothers

DianeE

Aug 4, 2021, 9:58:53 AM8/4/21
1-Six To Eight - Sticks McGhee
2-After New Year’s Eve - The Heartbeats

3-Flat Tire - Del Vikings

4-The Rat - The Stewart Brothers

5-Have I Sinned - Donnie Elbert
This is the kind of single-artist record that people still call
"doo-wop" because of the chord structure. I never could stand this
record, although I know that lots of people love it. It desperately
needs a back-up group IMO.

Jim Colegrove

Aug 4, 2021, 10:31:14 AM8/4/21

1. Six To Eight - Sticks McGhee

2.The Rat - The Stewart Brothers

3. Flat Tire - Del Vikings

4. After New Year’s Eve - The Heartbeats

5. Have I Sinned - Donnie Elbert

Steve Mc

Aug 4, 2021, 10:33:59 AM8/4/21

--
Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

Carl

Aug 4, 2021, 10:54:47 AM8/4/21
On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 6:04:46 AM UTC-7, Sav...@aol.com wrote:
> Group 3 is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

1. Have I Sinned - Donnie Elbert
2. Six To Eight - Sticks McGhee
3. Flat Tire - Del Vikings
4. After New Year’s Eve - The Heartbeats
5.The Rat - The Stewart Brothers

DianeE

Aug 4, 2021, 11:05:28 AM8/4/21
On 8/4/2021 10:33 AM, Steve Mc wrote:

> 1-Six To Eight - Sticks McGhee
>
> 2-After New Year’s Eve - The Heartbeats
>
> 3-Flat Tire - Del Vikings
>
> 4-The Rat - The Stewart Brothers
>
> 5-Have I Sinned - Donnie Elbert

----------
We're in sync today.

Dennis C from Tennessee

Aug 4, 2021, 11:42:51 AM8/4/21
1- Sticks McGhee ( Knox Town!!)

2- The Stewart Brothers

3- Del Vikings

4- The Heartbeats( The other Daddy's Home)

5- Donnie Elbert( Diane commented yesterday that Johnnie Mathis's voice resembles a kitten up a tree. This voice sounds like that same cat just got tossed into an Asplundh chipper, baby!!!

DianeE

Aug 4, 2021, 11:51:27 AM8/4/21
---------
Well, I agree with you about Donnie Elbert, but as a cat lover I find
that image terribly disturbing!

Sav...@aol.com

Aug 4, 2021, 11:51:42 AM8/4/21
FINAL RANKINGS

1. Six To Eight - Sticks McGhee - 41
2. After New Year’s Eve - The Heartbeats - 28
3. Flat Tire - Del Vikings - 25
4. Have I Sinned - Donnie Elbert - 22

5. The Rat - The Stewart Brothers - 19

Brucie's Special Happy Hour absolutely trounced the field, scoring 41 points and winning by a whopping 13 points over the second place item. It's been ages since any record got 40+ points in any round. Mark's January 1 serenade took second place. Rick's deflated wheel took third and Carl's falsetto sinner took 4th place to stay alive. Jim's Rodent was exterminated.

Dennis C from Tennessee

Aug 4, 2021, 12:13:34 PM8/4/21

Sav...@aol.com

Aug 4, 2021, 12:15:51 PM8/4/21
On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 12:13:34 PM UTC-4, Dennis C from Tennessee wrote:

> https://youtu.be/f0fQ5ane_IQ

Gadzooks!

DianeE

Aug 4, 2021, 5:18:27 PM8/4/21
On 8/4/2021 12:13 PM, Dennis C from Tennessee wrote:

> https://youtu.be/f0fQ5ane_IQ

Still would be vastly improved by a back-up group. Where are the Lions
when you need them?