If you live in Athens Ga. you Know Stipe is a Jerk.

Pantem

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
Yes REM fans, in real life M. Stipe is a jerk. I have heard a lot about M.
Stipe, and not from people I barely know, from people I work with. Many long
time fans have this allusion Stipe is a outcast person who is hurting to be
understood. Well he went to the Noodle head in Athens Georgia (where he
lives). At Noodle head you order and pay at the register. Stipe ordered a
meal and walked away without paying for it. Julie a co-worker told he he owed
her for the meal and he acted offended, as if he were doing us a favor by
eating at the Noodle head. He then asked everyone around them if they had some
money to pay for the meal. The dude was not even carrying money, so he
obviously did not think he was going to have to pay for it. what arrogance!!!
REM hangs out hear, because in any large city they would never get away with
that crap! But they probably get away with it here all of the time and there
all fucking millionaires!!!!

ßen

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00

Oh my... Thank you so much for letting us see the light!
--
np: Radiohead - Ripcord

Ben, going out to burn all his REM albums.
ben....@home.com
http://members.tripod.com/~MrBlod
-----
"I'd like rap if it wasn't about killing people like me."
-- Seth8b, alt.music.mr-bungle

</sarcasm>

the itchy glowbo blow

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
>Oh my... Thank you so much for letting us see the light!

you have obviously not seen our apparently not-too-well-placed sign "do not
feed the trolls" ;-)

*~*~
http://www.angelfire.com/md/RoadSafety
---
"this boy and girl they gathered pearls of wisdom falling from his mouth,
wash off the blood, wash off the 1 5 1"
{r.e.m.}

Hartling

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
> REM hangs out hear

If you're going to insult, the VERY least you could do is spell it
correctly!

Pantem <pan...@aol.com> wrote in message

Andrew Palka

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
> REM hangs out hear,

I believe the word you're looking for is spelled h-e-r-e...........

>But they probably get away with it here all of the time and
there
> all fucking millionaires!!!!

Sorry, but I believe this should be ...and they're all fucking millionaires,
not there all fucking millionaires.

Best wishes and thanks for visiting r.m.r..........

Andrew

ßen <ben....@home.com> wrote in message

> Oh my... Thank you so much for letting us see the light!

ßen

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
> >Oh my... Thank you so much for letting us see the light!
>
> you have obviously not seen our apparently not-too-well-placed sign "do
not
> feed the trolls" ;-)

I saw it, I just couldn't resist... :)

--
np: conan

Ben, who thinks the trolls are too damn cute not to feed

AMYSA

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
<snip troll>

you know what's weird?

i read a message board for "the west wing" and i've just found out that a
person on there lived in athens during the same years i did. we worked near
each other and everything...and where do we meet? on an internet message board.

i just thought it was kind of funny.

what were we talking about, here? <g>

amy
"i can't believe i came out of the coma for this shit!!!"--dave/tom, 4/20/00

Andrew Wilson

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00

there all fucking millionaires!!!!

i wish i was fucking a millionaire

can someone lend me a tenner??

Hank

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
On Sat, 24 Jun 2000 04:03:49 GMT, "Andrew Palka"
<asmu...@columbus.rr.com> yelled out "We accept you - one of us!"
before typing:

>Sorry, but I believe this should be ...and they're all fucking millionaires,
>not there all fucking millionaires.

Unless he was pointing at a group of fucking millionaires and trying
to attract our attention to them. As in "There! All fucking
millionaires" In which case it would be an error of punctuation
rather than one of spelling.

Hank
***
Ready everybody? Mambo!

Remove the obvious SPAMZAPPER to reply to me by e-mail

BrgmtNVtvr

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
>he acted offended, as if he were doing us a favor by
>eating at the Noodle head.

This is an outrage! I'M offended that Michael would go into a place CALLED The
Noodle head. Now I have to completely reevaluate the man ... my "allusions" are
indeed shattered. --Bergie

Hank

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
On 24 Jun 2000 11:57:47 GMT, brgmt...@aol.com (BrgmtNVtvr) yelled
out "I'm a creep. I'm a winner!" before typing:

Darn right... He can be as rude and arrogant as he fucking well
pleases but colour my allusions shattered as well. What a fucker!
Noodle Head?!!!!!!? That does it. I'm getting rid of the whole REM
shebang and becoming a Ruduuhuud and Currs fan instead.

Andrew Palka

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
I'm sorry...but every time I say the word" Noodle head" out loud I can't
stop laughing. Could there really be a restaurant in Athens with such a
silly name? Are you sure we are not being pulled here? And what in the world
does their menu look like? "Yes sir....So you want the 'oodles of
noodles?'...Why that's my favorite item on the menu....Good choice
sir!....."

LOL

Andrew
"Would you like fries with that?......
Hank <henry...@SPAMZAPPERvirgin.net> wrote in message

Andrew Palka

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
>Unless he was pointing at a group of fucking millionaires and trying
>to attract our attention to them. As in "There! All fucking
>millionaires" In which case it would be an error of punctuation
>rather than one of spelling.

For example, if you happened to be at a Microsoft shareholders
meeting....;-)

Andrew
"Why didn't I just buy a Mac?....." Andrew Palka

> On Sat, 24 Jun 2000 04:03:49 GMT, "Andrew Palka"
> <asmu...@columbus.rr.com> yelled out "We accept you - one of us!"
> before typing:
>
> >Sorry, but I believe this should be ...and they're all fucking
millionaires,
> >not there all fucking millionaires.
>

> Unless he was pointing at a group of fucking millionaires and trying
> to attract our attention to them. As in "There! All fucking
> millionaires" In which case it would be an error of punctuation
> rather than one of spelling.

Andrew Palka

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
BTW....I think I meant to say ..the WORDS Noodle head, not word. And since I
am not familiar with the restaurant, I'm wondering if it should be Noodle
Head instead of Noodle head. I like you folks too much to inadvertently
subject you to bad grammar........

See youse all later......

Andrew

Andrew Palka <asmu...@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message

> I'm sorry...but every time I say the word" Noodle head" out loud I can't
> stop laughing. Could there really be a restaurant in Athens with such a
> silly name? Are you sure we are not being pulled here? And what in the
world
> does their menu look like? "Yes sir....So you want the 'oodles of
> noodles?'...Why that's my favorite item on the menu....Good choice
> sir!....."
>
> LOL
>
> Andrew
> "Would you like fries with that?......

> Hank <henry...@SPAMZAPPERvirgin.net> wrote in message

> > On 24 Jun 2000 11:57:47 GMT, brgmt...@aol.com (BrgmtNVtvr) yelled
> > out "I'm a creep. I'm a winner!" before typing:

> > >This is an outrage! I'M offended that Michael would go into a place
> CALLED The
> > >Noodle head. Now I have to completely reevaluate the man ... my
> "allusions" are
> > >indeed shattered. --Bergie
> >
> > Darn right... He can be as rude and arrogant as he fucking well
> > pleases but colour my allusions shattered as well. What a fucker!
> > Noodle Head?!!!!!!? That does it. I'm getting rid of the whole REM
> > shebang and becoming a Ruduuhuud and Currs fan instead.

the itchy glowbo blow

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
>Could there really be a restaurant in Athens with such a
>silly name

there may have been at one time, but, according to flagpole's restaurant
listing, there is no longer such a place.

Hank

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
On Sat, 24 Jun 2000 12:37:22 GMT, jan <z...@chelno.nl> yelled out "Bing,
bing, bing! Ricochet rabbit!" before typing:

>On Sat, 24 Jun 2000 10:11:31 +0100, "Andrew Wilson"
><james...@virgin.net> wrote:
>

>>there all fucking millionaires!!!!
>>

>>i wish i was fucking a millionaire
>

>I wish I was a fucking millionaire.

I wish I was fucking a fucking millionaire.

MBCE99

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
>>he acted offended, as if he were doing us a favor by
>>eating at the Noodle head. ""

well, once time i heared that there wear living in that
towne and this was what happened.: they was mean hear
in my towne. won of them was in a resturant that someone
i no was in one time and i heared that they did stuff their.
and hear their are milionnairs.

mr. mbce

Pantem

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Okay Andrew, thanx for the spelling lesson. Your such a fucking blowhard.

Pantem

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Man you people are fucked. It is no wonder it is impossible to make any social
strides. You are more worried about stupid grammar and spelling then content.
Listen to the message you thick headed troglodites.

Pantem

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
What is everyone on the planet a fucking english professor, gee sorry I did not
proof read my stupid fucking Newsgroup posting. Read the connect you
jack-offs.

Pantem

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Man, go fuck yourself. How is that for a grammar lesson you arrogant prick.

Pantem

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Hey dorkus, just get a recent flagpole and you will see mention of it.

Pantem

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Hey sea if ya' can interpet dis' "Go fuck yourself."

Pantem

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
America, the land where you are allowed to have an opinion, as long as that
opinion agrees with the main stream.

Pantem

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
okie-dokie doctor know-it-all

Pantem

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
I think you just like seeing your name in print.

AMYSA

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
>Read the connect you
>jack-offs.

read the what?

did i just find myself a new sig quote?

Rob White

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
i couldnt find the original post so youu'll probaly only know what im talking
about if youve been following the thread...

if the story about stipe is true (i have no reason to doubt pantem or believe
him) it would probaly affect my view of michael, but i wouldnt stop buying
R.E.M. records or stop supporting them.
-----
"I can hold my head still with my hands and my knees"

http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/slowdrag -R.E.M.- Try Not To Breathe

BrgmtNVtvr

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
>if the story about stipe is true (i have no reason to doubt pantem or believe
>him) it would probaly affect my view of michael, [Rob]

I can't quite recall it, but I'm sure I read something about this once --
didn't some former friend(s) years ago write an angry song about wanting to ram
a fist up his ass? Of course, I could be mistaken -- perhaps that was meant as
a love song to him ... --Bergie

MBCE99

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
""America, the land where you are allowed to have an opinion, as long as that
opinion agrees with the main stream. ""

I'm pretty sure mainstream is supposed to be one word.

But you are being such a meanie-head for talking about
my favorite band and saying mean things about them.
I am very hurt inside and you are a meanie for trying
to trick us into things, you are such a clever and brilliant
person, it's mean. It hurts deep inside, in a way that you
may not ever be able to know. You tricked us in such a
brilliant and intense way, that it's scary. I am literally
terrified by your sabotage and cleverness.

mr. mbce

sucker punch

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
If I was treated as rudely as he is around here, i'd be a jerk too.

sucker punch

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
and it's "noodlehead", not "noodle head", or "the noodle head".

so there.

and whoever can tell me what's on both sides of it wins some cred.

the itchy glowbo blow

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00

>and it's "noodlehead", not "noodle head", or "the noodle head".
>
>so there.
>
>and whoever can tell me what's on both sides of it wins some cred.

when was the last time the flagpole online eating guide was updated? 'cause
there's no noodlehead listed under restaurants..

Thikk Heded Trogglodit

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
On 25 Jun 2000 03:25:27 GMT, pan...@aol.com (Pantem) yelled out "Trip
trap trippety trap!" before typing:

>Man you people are fucked. It is no wonder it is impossible to make any social
>strides. You are more worried about stupid grammar and spelling then content.
>Listen to the message you thick headed troglodites.

Hey there feller! 10/10 for spelling. You really took heed of the
friendly advice we offered you. One small point though, a comma
between 'Man' and 'you' in the first sentence would have been
preferable.

Hank

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
On 25 Jun 2000 04:23:50 GMT, am...@aol.comasutra (AMYSA) yelled out

"Bing, bing, bing! Ricochet rabbit!" before typing:

>>Read the connect you

Sorry dear, I got there first :-)

"Read the connect you jack-offs"
Pantem - June 25th 2000

Hartling

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00

> Man, go fuck yourself. How is that for a grammar lesson you arrogant
prick.

Try:
Man, go fuck yourself. How is that for a grammer lesson, you arrogant
prick?

Andrew Palka

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
>Okay Andrew, thanx for the spelling lesson. Your such a fucking blowhard

I'm sorry that I have to correct you again but........It should be you're a
fucking blowhard, not your a fucking blowhard...........

And I never would have thought I'd say this but........So far it has been a
delight reading your clever, insightful, well composed retorts.........

Best wishes and thanks for visiting r.m.r.

Andrew

Pantem <pan...@aol.com> wrote in message

Greg F

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
You are so cool.

Please check out The Jimbos at http://www.thejimbos.com

"Pantem" <pan...@aol.com> wrote in message

Greg F

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
As he hummed a few bars of "Afternoon Delight", Greg typed...

The fucking millionaire I fucking fucked is fucking fucked up. Any advice?

> On Sat, 24 Jun 2000 12:37:22 GMT, jan <z...@chelno.nl> yelled out "Bing,

> bing, bing! Ricochet rabbit!" before typing:
>

> >On Sat, 24 Jun 2000 10:11:31 +0100, "Andrew Wilson"
> ><james...@virgin.net> wrote:
> >

> >>there all fucking millionaires!!!!
> >>

> >>i wish i was fucking a millionaire
> >
> >I wish I was a fucking millionaire.
>
> I wish I was fucking a fucking millionaire.

Andrew Palka

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
>well, once time i heared that there wear living in that
>towne and this was what happened.: they was mean hear
>in my towne. won of them was in a resturant that someone
>i no was in one time and i heared that they did stuff their.
>and hear their are milionnairs.

>But you are being such a meanie-head for talking about

>my favorite band and saying mean things about them.
>I am very hurt inside and you are a meanie for trying
>to trick us into things, you are such a clever and brilliant
>person, it's mean. It hurts deep inside, in a way that you
>may not ever be able to know. You tricked us in such a
>brilliant and intense way, that it's scary. I am literally
>terrified by your sabotage and cleverness.

Hello MBCE99.......

You, my friend, are a Master of satire. And I just had to tell you how much
I enjoyed reading your two posts above..........LOL and thanks!.......:-)
or...should it be....you're two posts above?..Now I'M getting
confused.....;-)
Andrew

MBCE99 <mbc...@aol.com> wrote in message

Hank

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
On Sun, 25 Jun 2000 16:29:01 GMT, "Greg F"
<jfennessyD...@home.com> yelled out "Bing, bing, bing!
Ricochet rabbit!" before typing:

>As he hummed a few bars of "Afternoon Delight", Greg typed...

>The fucking millionaire I fucking fucked is fucking fucked up. Any advice?

Fuck him :-)

sucker punch

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
On Sun, 25 Jun 2000 4:22:40 -0400, the itchy glowbo blow wrote
(in message <20000625042240...@ng-bj1.aol.com>):

>> and it's "noodlehead", not "noodle head", or "the noodle head".
>>
>> so there.
>>
>> and whoever can tell me what's on both sides of it wins some cred.
>
> when was the last time the flagpole online eating guide was updated? 'cause
> there's no noodlehead listed under restaurants..

It opened after the last update. look for it online when the next paper
update comes out, usually in august.

btw-it's not that good anyway. they rely way too much on spices.

MBCE99

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
From: "Andrew Palka" <asmu...@columbus.rr.com>

hellow androo, i wood lyke to say hello two you to.
thank you four reeding and caring. stay weird.

mr. mbce.

kfj

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Hank <henry...@SPAMZAPPERvirgin.net> wrote in message

> Unless he was pointing at a group of fucking millionaires and trying
> to attract our attention to them. As in "There! All fucking
> millionaires" In which case it would be an error of punctuation
> rather than one of spelling.

is that one of the cut scenes from Eyes Wide Shut?
-k

.sig pending
karenfj at hotmail dot com is the correct address.

kfj

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Thikk Heded Trogglodit <henry...@SPAMZAPPERvirgin.net> wrote in
message

> Hey there feller! 10/10 for spelling. You really took heed of the
> friendly advice we offered you. One small point though, a comma
> between 'Man' and 'you' in the first sentence would have been
> preferable.

commas are for suckers. periods or ellipses are the only acceptable
punctuation for those who truly want to fuck the man. or some
millionaires. or eat at Noodlehead.

surreal k

kfj

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
> What is everyone on the planet a fucking english professor, gee sorry
I did not
> proof read my stupid fucking Newsgroup posting. Read the connect you
> jack-offs.

well, sorry - but if you read the FAQ, it clearly states that we are ALL
english professors or engaged in sexual relations with english
professors. these kind of important tips are why we advise people to
read the FAQ first. :)

-k

kfj

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
AMYSA <am...@aol.comasutra> wrote in message
> <snip troll>
>
> you know what's weird?
>
> i read a message board for "the west wing" and i've just found out
that a
> person on there lived in athens during the same years i did. we worked
near
> each other and everything...and where do we meet? on an internet
message board.

as totally weird as the fact that you and i went to the same tour of the
monkees as our first concert? and we both love jon stewart? or that lisa
drake and i live weirdly parallel lives?

there's a message board for west wing? dude, did you see in
Entertainment Weekly IT list? Are they implying that Josh and his asst
might get it on?

MchFortier

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Angelino's and Barbaritos

Andrew Palka

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
>.hellow androo, i wood lyke to say hello two you to.

>thank you four reeding and caring. stay weird.

>mr. mbce

y....THAK YU....Its wuz a pleassurr too red your post it........!

Androo

MBCE99 <mbc...@aol.com> wrote in message

the itchy glowbo blow

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
>One small point though, a comma
>between 'Man' and 'you' in the first sentence would have been
>preferable.

unless what he was trying to say was "man u people are fucked"..in which case,
he might be right ;-)

sucker punch

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
On Sun, 25 Jun 2000 14:40:24 -0400, MchFortier wrote
(in message <20000625144024...@ng-fc1.aol.com>):

> Angelino's and Barbaritos

awesome! you rock! ;)

Andrew Palka

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
High kfj.....

Welcum too da funnest thred I ever bin in....wear yoo bin?...bedder late dan
nevver I say......

Androo

kfj <kar...@dontlikebelong.comma> wrote in message

> Hank <henry...@SPAMZAPPERvirgin.net> wrote in message
>
> > Unless he was pointing at a group of fucking millionaires and trying
> > to attract our attention to them. As in "There! All fucking
> > millionaires" In which case it would be an error of punctuation
> > rather than one of spelling.
>
> is that one of the cut scenes from Eyes Wide Shut?

hep kat

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Andrew Palka wrote:

> High kfj.....
>
> Welcum too da funnest thred I ever bin in....wear yoo bin?...bedder late dan
> nevver I say......

Know wondur eye lerk youse peeple kant spel!!!!!! hte onlee thang wurs
es two manny off dese WIT AWL CAPITOL LETTRES!!!!!!!!!!!!

kat
--
"And if you give us any more trouble, I shall visit you in the small
hours and put a bat up your nightdress." Basil Fawlty

Hank

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
On Sun, 25 Jun 2000 11:27:58 -0700, "kfj"
<kar...@dontlikebelong.comma> yelled out "Bing, bing, bing!
Ricochet rabbit!" before typing:

>Hank <henry...@SPAMZAPPERvirgin.net> wrote in message

>> Unless he was pointing at a group of fucking millionaires and trying
>> to attract our attention to them. As in "There! All fucking
>> millionaires" In which case it would be an error of punctuation
>> rather than one of spelling.
>
>is that one of the cut scenes from Eyes Wide Shut?
>-k

Showing now in its uncut form at the Noodlehead I believe.

Pantem

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
>It opened after the last update. look for it online when the next paper
>update comes out, usually in august.
>
>btw-it's not that good anyway. they rely way too much on spices.

They rely too much on spicies? If you do not like spicies in your food go to
Mcdonalds. Oh well, there is no accounting for taste. You are after-all and
R.E.M fan.

kfj

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Pantem <pan...@aol.com> wrote in message

oh, oh, i must stop. i must. but first:

spicies? is that like a spice with a flavorful "i" added? what is the
"i"? Is it expensive? Maybe that's why McDonalds avoids the dreaded
added "i."

Is "after-all" a religious type of title? You know, like the be-all and
end-all? Or like that Tori song, "maybe i'm the after-glow?"
-k

np: "Hand of Kindness" Richard Thompson.

jeff reichman

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
> If you do not like spicies in your food go to
>Mcdonalds.

hey man, those bbq sandwiches pack a PUNCH.

jeff
* * *
http://www.jeffreichman.com

music, writing and more.

jeff reichman

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
>> Man, go fuck yourself. How is that for a grammar lesson you arrogant
>prick.
>
>Try:
>Man, go fuck yourself. How is that for a grammer lesson, you arrogant
>prick?

you opened the door...

grammar is spelled with two "a"s.

sorry,

jeff reichman

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
>I can't quite recall it, but I'm sure I read something about this once --
>didn't some former friend(s) years ago write an angry song about wanting to
>ram
>a fist up his ass? Of course, I could be mistaken -- perhaps that was meant
>as
>a love song to him ... --Bergie

are you referring to "Michael Stipe suck My Fat Pipe" or something like that?
I forget who wrote that.. anyone help out?

the itchy glowbo blow

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
>They rely too much on spicies? If you do not like spicies in your food go to

>Mcdonalds. Oh well, there is no accounting for taste. You are after-all and
>R.E.M fan.

to get all food-y on you.. the idea of using spices is to ENHANCE the flavour
of foods..it's not so you can taste nothing but the spices added. and i'm sure
that was the point of the "rely too much on spices" comment.

Georgiana Cohen

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
On Sun, 25 Jun 2000 13:06:55 -0700, kfj <kar...@dontlikebelong.comma> brought a guitar into rec.music.rem and sang this song:
: Pantem <pan...@aol.com> wrote in message
: news:20000625154012...@ng-fc1.aol.com...
:>
:> They rely too much on spicies? If you do not like spicies in your

: food go to
:> Mcdonalds. Oh well, there is no accounting for taste. You are
: after-all and
:> R.E.M fan.

: oh, oh, i must stop. i must. but first:

: spicies? is that like a spice with a flavorful "i" added? what is the
: "i"? Is it expensive? Maybe that's why McDonalds avoids the dreaded
: added "i."

"Spicies" are really, really cute spices.

--
*------------------------[ http://rhysa.8m.com ]-------------------------*
| Georgiana Cohen "What would replace |

FakPlastikTrees

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
>What is everyone on the planet a fucking english professor, gee sorry I did
>not
>proof read my stupid fucking Newsgroup posting. Read the connect you
>jack-offs.

If you had the mind to proof read, you would have had the mind not to post such
crap.

AMYSA

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
hank said:

> Sorry dear, I got there first :-)

>"Read the connect you jack-offs"
>Pantem - June 25th 2000

:-P

must kill hank, must kill hank.

"amy, why did you kill hank?"
"because he stole my sig quote!!!"

<g>

amy
"i can't believe i came out of the coma for this shit!!!"--dave/tom, 4/20/00

AMYSA

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
k said:

>as totally weird as the fact that you and i went to the same tour of the
>monkees as our first concert? and we both love jon stewart? or that lisa
>drake and i live weirdly parallel lives?

well, that's true!! i forgot about that whole monkees conversation.

*sigh*

the monkees have a "behind the music" special on tonight. :-)

and there *is* that jon stewart obsession which has yet to go away...

>there's a message board for west wing?

hell...there's even a *newsgroup* now. go. find it. join us. it's slow right
now, what with summer.

the message board, though is at www.testytoads.com/TWW

go to "watercooler". it's an amusing board even if the toby lovers and the josh
obsessors occasionally get into some scraps. <g>

>dude, did you see in
>Entertainment Weekly IT list? Are they implying that Josh and his asst
>might get it on?

i just bought that today. isn't it the cutest picture??

i have a feeling that the donna/josh thing is something that janel and brad
created. not that i don't see it, i do, but we gotta do something with that
whole joey lucas thing.

the josh/donna thing is like the cj/toby thing...except that i do *not* see
that. richard said in a couple of interviews that he thought toby might have a
crush on cj and some overly zealous fans ran with it. i think the man is just
insane...but, that's just me.

:-)amy

kfj

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
> k said:

> and there *is* that jon stewart obsession which has yet to go away...

dude, i watched 40 minutes of Big Daddy just because I saw Jon Stewart
for a second of something. :)

> >there's a message board for west wing?
>
> hell...there's even a *newsgroup* now. go. find it. join us. it's slow
right
> now, what with summer.

oh, well, i jsut might.

> the message board, though is at www.testytoads.com/TWW
>
> go to "watercooler". it's an amusing board even if the toby lovers and
the josh
> obsessors occasionally get into some scraps. <g>

But i love them both. As long as both sides acknowledge how fucking sexy
both of them are. ;)

> >dude, did you see in
> >Entertainment Weekly IT list? Are they implying that Josh and his
asst
> >might get it on?
>
> i just bought that today. isn't it the cutest picture??

Yup. :)

> i have a feeling that the donna/josh thing is something that janel and
brad
> created. not that i don't see it, i do, but we gotta do something with
that
> whole joey lucas thing.

Yeah, but i want josh to date me. I mean, whatever, he's fictional, but
really, he's perfect for me. ;)

> the josh/donna thing is like the cj/toby thing...except that i do
*not* see
> that. richard said in a couple of interviews that he thought toby
might have a
> crush on cj and some overly zealous fans ran with it. i think the man
is just
> insane...but, that's just me.

you know, whenever i see toby now in movies, I go "Toby! Look, there's
Toby!" and get all stoked. Watched the end of Deep Impact because I saw
him in passing. That said, I can see the crush thing - remember his
anger at missing CJ's performance of the jackal. :)
-k

Greg F

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00

Wasn't it one of the guys in one of JMS' early "Noise-Art" projects (i.e.
Taanzplaagen {sp?})

Please check out The Jimbos at http://www.thejimbos.com
"jeff reichman" <jrrei...@aol.com> wrote in message

Greg F

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
Yeah.

> On Sun, 25 Jun 2000 16:29:01 GMT, "Greg F"
> <jfennessyD...@home.com> yelled out "Bing, bing, bing!
> Ricochet rabbit!" before typing:
>
> >As he hummed a few bars of "Afternoon Delight", Greg typed...
> >
> >The fucking millionaire I fucking fucked is fucking fucked up. Any
advice?

> Fuck him :-)

kfj

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00

> k said:
>
> >dude, i watched 40 minutes of Big Daddy just because I saw Jon
Stewart
> >for a second of something. :)
>
> dude...i went to the fucking theatre to see that movie!!

oh, that's just sad, amy. sad. [1]

> okay, i didn't go the first night it was out and i only went the day i
did
> because i had a couple of hours to kill before work...but, still. <g>

like that's an excuse.

> re: toby vs. josh...

> >But i love them both. As long as both sides acknowledge how fucking
sexy
> >both of them are. ;)
>

> well, *i* acknowledge it...does that count for something? it should...

well, only here. and to think people rave about rob lowe. please - it's
toby and josh that are sexier than fuck.

> >you know, whenever i see toby now in movies, I go "Toby! Look,
there's
> >Toby!" and get all stoked. Watched the end of Deep Impact because I
saw
> >him in passing.
>

> i was flipping through channels today and passed three different
movies he's
> in. the man's got quite the resume...it's, um, *interesting* to say
the least.

he's a hardworking man. I can't believe he was in arena brains -and yet,
there he is in that clip they used on Before they Were rock stars.

> >That said, I can see the crush thing - remember his
> >anger at missing CJ's performance of the jackal. :)
>

> oh, no, no, no...don't you start, now! <g>
>
> come back over to the normal side...i don't want to lose you to those
> pro-cj/toby people!

c'mon, is it so far-fetched? he's a deep man.

> i dig toby's ex-wife, myself...

sexually, or as the object of his unrequited desires?
-k

[1] true story: for a long, long time I thought AMYSA was your first
name. And i thought, what a nice first name. Amysa, i wonder if it's
pronounced "ah-mee-sa" or something.

Michelle Martin

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
In article <20000624232527...@ng-cd1.aol.com>, pan...@aol.com
(Pantem) wrote:

> Man you people are fucked. It is no wonder it is impossible to make any
social
> strides. You are more worried about stupid grammar and spelling then
content.
> Listen to the message you thick headed troglodites.

You have no message. You have no content. All that's left *is* your
stupid grammar and spelling, you goat-felching moron.

Michelle
--
A man who is always ready to believe what is told him will
never do well. -- Petronius

AMYSA

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
k said:

>dude, i watched 40 minutes of Big Daddy just because I saw Jon Stewart
>for a second of something. :)

dude...i went to the fucking theatre to see that movie!!

okay, i didn't go the first night it was out and i only went the day i did

because i had a couple of hours to kill before work...but, still. <g>

re: toby vs. josh...

>But i love them both. As long as both sides acknowledge how fucking sexy
>both of them are. ;)

well, *i* acknowledge it...does that count for something? it should...

>Yeah, but i want josh to date me. I mean, whatever, he's fictional, but

>really, he's perfect for me. ;)

fictional, smictional...makes no difference to me!

>you know, whenever i see toby now in movies, I go "Toby! Look, there's
>Toby!" and get all stoked. Watched the end of Deep Impact because I saw
>him in passing.

i was flipping through channels today and passed three different movies he's
in. the man's got quite the resume...it's, um, *interesting* to say the least.

>That said, I can see the crush thing - remember his

>anger at missing CJ's performance of the jackal. :)

oh, no, no, no...don't you start, now! <g>

come back over to the normal side...i don't want to lose you to those
pro-cj/toby people!

i dig toby's ex-wife, myself...

amy

AMYSA

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
k said:

>well, only here. and to think people rave about rob lowe. please - it's
>toby and josh that are sexier than fuck.

okay, i was upset that hank stole my other quote, but i think i might've just
found a new one. <g>

>> i dig toby's ex-wife, myself...
>

>sexually, or as the object of his unrequited desires?

i'm gonna go with (b), although she is quite perty. i just don't think i could
get into toby being *too* happy, so instead i'm content to explore why he and
the pie lady got divorced and what kind of torch he's still carrying for her.
he has this tragic side that makes him even sexier...

*sigh*

i might have to go dig out some tapes tonight.

>[1] true story: for a long, long time I thought AMYSA was your first
>name. And i thought, what a nice first name. Amysa, i wonder if it's
>pronounced "ah-mee-sa" or something.

that is *so* weird that you'd say that now. i was just talking with someone
about how people, lately, have been responding to things i say by calling me
"AMYSA" throughout the posts...over and over. i'm like, "hello...i put my name
at the end of the post...i don't call you "SPAMSUCKS" throughout my posts about
*you*.

(okay, so i made up SPAMSUCKS, but still<g>)

but, i guess i have my father to blame for it...he set up my aol while i was
moving and my first name and middle and last initials was all he could come up
with that wasn't taken. so, he's not very original...:-)

amy

"and to think people rave about rob lowe. please - it's

toby and josh that are sexier than fuck."--kfj

World Leader Pretend

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
>well, once time i heared that there wear living in that
>towne and this was what happened.: they was mean hear
>in my towne. won of them was in a resturant that someone
>i no was in one time and i heared that they did stuff their.
>and hear their are milionnairs.

Hahahahaha!
-Taylor

"The craziest people are the smartest ones.I like to refer to myself, Einstein
and Michael Stipe from R.E.M."-My english teacher

"Israel is part of Africa."-Peter Buck showing off his georgraphy skills

BrgmtNVtvr

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
>are you referring to "Michael Stipe suck My Fat Pipe" or something like that?
> [jeff]

That must be another song, although it sounds pretty catchy. No, I distinctly
recall there being something about a fist up Michael's ass. I never heard it, I
just saw it mentioned in print once. Could have been someone from Tanzplagen, I
just don't recall. -- Bergie

Lauryn

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00

Bergie,

I think the incident you're referring to is the one in which some guy who
disliked R.E.M.'s style made t-shirts reading "A Collective Fist Up M. Stipe's
Ass".

From ICFTS:
"BOAT OF. Yet another 1981-era occasional art-noise collective. 'Radio Free
Europe' sleeve photographer Carol Levy was one of its members, as was Michael
... The prime mover was an avant-garde purist named Tom Smith who had never
heard R.E.M. play. When he finally did, he did not respond well to Michael's
more conventional rock'n'roll leanings. He disowned him loudly and publicly
... (see above)".

I thought the "Fat Pipe" incident had something to do with Butthole Surfers ...
?

Lauryn
+++++
starmekitten at ihateclowns.com
+++++
"I don't care what he does outside the band. I don't care if he shoots heroin
up his arse with a rocket launcher." -- Noel on Liam

AMYSA

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
>You have no message. You have no content. All that's left *is* your
>stupid grammar and spelling, you goat-felching moron.

ouch.

wouldn't that hurt like hell?

Pantem

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
> I am literally
>terrified by your sabotage and cleverness.

I am literally terrified by your lack of originality. Then again, you do
listen to REM.

Pantem

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
Hey here is an "i"
You are an idiot

Pantem

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
I found it in Merriam Websters dictionary spelled Spicies.

Pantem

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
If you are not using a spice to enhance the flavor of the food, what are you
using it for? People used to use them to cover up the gamey (sp?) flavor in
their meat. You are both total morons. How and the hell are you supposed to
make Curry Chicken without using a spice?

the itchy glowbo blow

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00

>How and the hell are you supposed to
>make Curry Chicken without using a spice?

"how in the hell" is the correct term. as in the sentence "how in the hell are
we to take you seriously if you can't speak properly?"

JaMeS RuSsElL

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
The jury finds the defendent "not guilty your honour"

jcr

AMYSA wrote:

> hank said:
>
> > Sorry dear, I got there first :-)

> >"Read the connect you jack-offs"
> >Pantem - June 25th 2000
>

> :-P
>
> must kill hank, must kill hank.
>
> "amy, why did you kill hank?"
> "because he stole my sig quote!!!"
>
> <g>
>

> amy
> "i can't believe i came out of the coma for this shit!!!"--dave/tom, 4/20/00

--
http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~jrussell - My Page
http://www.scitec.auckland.ac.nz/~jrussell - R.E.M. CD-R trading

JaMeS RuSsElL

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
Is THIS what school kids do in the US when holidays come...

tragic *shakes head in mocking tone*

jcr

Pantem wrote:

> okie-dokie doctor know-it-all

JaMeS RuSsElL

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
And there doesn't have to be a question mark at the end, its a statement,
perhaps an exclamation mark would be more appropriate, but then I just plain
like to over-accentuate.

jcr

JaMeS RuSsElL

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
Oh - ow...

Hey, I hear 98 degrees is doing a tour?!?

jcr

Pantem wrote:

JaMeS RuSsElL

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
Pantem wrote:

> flavor

I live in New Zealand, here we spell flavour with a u (can you see it there?)

From now on (to prevent any more of those nasty grammar flames) I would like you
to put both the American and English spellings in your posts.

I suggest a format like so

flavor (flavour)

Thank you,
jcr

the itchy glowbo blow

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
>The jury finds the defendent "not guilty your honour"

not gilcup, you mean ;-)

BrgmtNVtvr

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00

>I think the incident you're referring to is the one in which some guy who
>disliked R.E.M.'s style made t-shirts reading "A Collective Fist Up M.
>Stipe's
>Ass". [lauryn]

Lauryn, I think you win the brand new Buick! That does sound right. I thought
it was a song, but I guess not. Thanks! Now I can sleep again ... -- Bergie

Ron Henry

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
pan...@aol.com (Pantem) dreamed of being naked before an audience and saying:

>Man you people are fucked. It is no wonder it is impossible to make any social
>strides. You are more worried about stupid grammar and spelling then content.

There was content?

>Listen to the message you thick headed troglodites.

I, too, have always connected making fun of troublemakers with the lack of
"social strides" in our culture. If only people would be more tolerant of,
say, dolts who write graffiti in bathroom stalls, idiots who yells stupid
things from passing cars, and lugnuts like Pantem who pointlessly make up
stories about famous people, then all of western culture would take a great
heave forward.

Really.

Ron "living in a cave" Henry

--
Ron Henry ronh...@clarityconnect.com
http://people2.clarityconnect.com/webpages6/ronhenry/

Ron Henry

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
pan...@aol.com (Pantem) dreamed of being naked before an audience and saying:

> Read the connect you jack-offs.

Okay, this person might be a trouble-making idiot, but this is the most
interesting sentence I have seen in about a week. I'm thinking maybe it's a
quote from William Gibson or John Shirley? Or maybe Philip Dick? Hm!

Ron

Ron Henry

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
pan...@aol.com (Pantem) dreamed of being naked before an audience and saying:

>America, the land where you are allowed to have an opinion, as long as that
>opinion agrees with the main stream.

Heh. Of course. If you ever thought otherwise, you were kidding yourself. Now
go home and read some Noam Chomsky. (Just to make this thread take a certain
Cliched Standard Internet Tack.)

kfj

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
Ron Henry <ronh...@clarityconnect.com> wrote in message

> pan...@aol.com (Pantem) dreamed of being naked before an audience and
saying:

> >America, the land where you are allowed to have an opinion, as long
as that
> >opinion agrees with the main stream.
>
> Heh. Of course. If you ever thought otherwise, you were kidding
yourself. Now
> go home and read some Noam Chomsky. (Just to make this thread take a
certain
> Cliched Standard Internet Tack.)

hey, Ron, have you seen Chicken Run yet? At one point the american
Rooster says he's from the land of the free and the home of the brave
and the Scottish Chicken says,"You mean Scotland?"

LOL - what a great movie. So, I know Helen saw it, anyone else?
-k

kfj

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00

> Hey here is an "i"
> You are an idiot

But I know there should be a period after idiot!

Does anyone else remember that song, you know: 'I love you period . .
.Do you love me question mark? . . . Please please exclamation point! I
want to hold you in parenthesis. . . ' That was a charming song, I
think.

Ron Henry

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
"kfj" <kar...@dontlikebelong.comma> dreamed of being naked before an audience and saying:

>hey, Ron, have you seen Chicken Run yet? At one point the american
>Rooster says he's from the land of the free and the home of the brave
>and the Scottish Chicken says,"You mean Scotland?"

LOL! Haven't seen it yet, but want to. One of my co-workers (this one is not a
cow orker) was telling me about it just a few minutes ago and liked it too. (I
hadn't yet had a chance to respond on applebutter about that coincidence.)

Ed Morrish

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
You have to admire my restraint: I've trawled through this entire thread
to see if anyone would beat me to the "fucking a millionaire" joke.
Although plural is interesting...

...can we lay off the swearing though? As my mother says, if you have to
swear in conversation then you're obviously a cunt.

Anyone heard that Warren Zevon song, "Shit's Fucked Up"? Can't remember
the exact words, bit it goes something like <ahem>

Went to the doctor he said Your shit's fucked up
I said My shit's fucked up? I don't get how
He said Let me put it this way
Your shit used to work
But it won't work now.

Genius.

188 messages from 450+ left to read... Goddamn Glastonbury.

Ed

»Q«

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00

"kfj" <kar...@dontlikebelong.comma> wrote in message news:ewvYfi33$GA.293@cpmsnbbsa09...

> Ron Henry <ronh...@clarityconnect.com> wrote in message
> > pan...@aol.com (Pantem) dreamed of being naked before an audience and
> saying:
> >

> > >America, the land where you are allowed to have an opinion, as long
> as that
> > >opinion agrees with the main stream.
> >
> > Heh. Of course. If you ever thought otherwise, you were kidding
> yourself. Now
> > go home and read some Noam Chomsky. (Just to make this thread take a
> certain
> > Cliched Standard Internet Tack.)
>
> hey, Ron, have you seen Chicken Run yet? At one point the american
> Rooster says he's from the land of the free and the home of the brave
> and the Scottish Chicken says,"You mean Scotland?"
>
> LOL - what a great movie. So, I know Helen saw it, anyone else?
> -k

LOL. I was already looking forward to it; now I can hardly wait. The American rooster's voice is done by Mel Gibson, who did a little movie called Braveheart a while back. That's a brilliant allusion. (Pantem, note the use of the word 'allusion.' Mark it down.)

»Q«
--
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
- L. P. Berra

Hank

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
On 25 Jun 2000 22:20:41 GMT, am...@aol.comasutra (AMYSA) yelled out
"Bing, bing, bing! Ricochet rabbit!" before typing:

>"amy, why did you kill hank?"
>"because he stole my sig quote!!!"

Here y'go. You can have it back Amy :-)
Thanks for the use of it.

Hank
***
Ready everybody? Mambo!

Remove the obvious SPAMZAPPER to reply to me by e-mail

Ed Morrish

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
> hey, Ron, have you seen Chicken Run yet? At one point the american
> Rooster says he's from the land of the free and the home of the brave
> and the Scottish Chicken says,"You mean Scotland?"
> LOL - what a great movie. So, I know Helen saw it, anyone else?

I wanna see that. It looks great.

I was in a theatre once, on a school trip, and they were being obnoxious
(see! you think aMerkins are nice, but they're not! Fuck Americans,
they're not really nice all the time, to quote Pantem), so we asked them
to be quiet and they said that this was how they behaved where they were
from. So I said, Well where the fuck are you from then? and this guy
looks at me with scary conviction and says, "I'm from God's own
country". Pause. I say, "Really? I'm from Yorkshire too!".

Did he get it? Did he fuck.

Ed

Ed Morrish

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
I went to see Gomez at the Subterrania, Ladbroke Grove (West London).
Standing right at the front, singing along to all the songs (incl.
b-sides), dancing in my newly-bought "Bring It On" t-shirt all the way
through. As the bad left the stage I look up at the
bassist/guitarist/singer/keyboard player/Harry Seacombe lookalike Tom
Gray and say, "Can I have your setlist?". And he looks down at this fan
of his, just eighteen years old, so keen, so devotional, and says, "Fuck
off". Then he leaves.

I got a roadie to give it to me. And *then* a guy from Melody Maker
copied it down from me.

Gomez still rock, though.

Ed

Hank

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
On 25 Jun 2000 22:20:41 GMT, am...@aol.comasutra (AMYSA) yelled out
"Bing, bing, bing! Ricochet rabbit!" before typing:

>hank said:

>> Sorry dear, I got there first :-)
>>
>>"Read the connect you jack-offs"
>>Pantem - June 25th 2000
>
>:-P
>
>must kill hank, must kill hank.
>

>"amy, why did you kill hank?"
>"because he stole my sig quote!!!"
>

><g>
>
>amy
>"i can't believe i came out of the coma for this shit!!!"--dave/tom, 4/20/00

Here y'go Amy. You can have it back. I just got one or two noodle
stains down the back of it.

Hank
***
Remove obvious noodle and spam zapper to reply
***

Ed Morrish

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
> I live in New Zealand, here we spell flavour with a u (can you see it there?)

As do we Brits. Adds flavour to the word, if you like.

> From now on (to prevent any more of those nasty grammar flames) I would like you
> to put both the American and English spellings in your posts.
>
> I suggest a format like so
>
> flavor (flavour)

Very sensible. I'm coming to Aoteroa this Xmas, to stay with my sister.
She lives on a dairy farm near Hamilton NI. I think the area is called
Waikato? This will be my third visit, and *this* time I'm going bungee
jumping. Got insurance especially. Don't suppose you know anywhere on NI
that does that, cos I heard you had to go to SI to do all that stuff.

Not on topic, but when the topic is as dull as this, who gives a fuck?

Ed

It is loading more messages.