Pat Gogerty

Irwin Schwartz

Dec 29, 2000, 5:21:42 PM12/29/00
Hi All:

I got the following e-mail, but couldn't supply an answer. Perhaps one of you
can.

<< I worked with Patrick during his days at Greene Bottle Records. Sad to hear
he died. Has Patrick ever been recorded? I think he worked as a sideman on a
lot of George Segal's gigs but that must have been a long time ago and kind of
light stuff.

Mike Kramer, yis...@mediaone.net >>

I'm sure Mike would appreciate any info you can give him.

Regards,
Irwin
http://members.aol.com/midimusic

Irwin Schwartz

Dec 29, 2000, 9:16:34 PM12/29/00
<< I got the following e-mail, but couldn't supply an answer. Perhaps one of
you
can.

<< I worked with Patrick during his days at Greene Bottle Records. Sad to hear
he died. Has Patrick ever been recorded? I think he worked as a sideman on a
lot of George Segal's gigs but that must have been a long time ago and kind of
light stuff.

Mike Kramer, yis...@mediaone.net >>

I'm sure Mike would appreciate any info you can give him. >>

Oops! Not too swift of me. I forgot to tell you Patrick's last name. He's
talking about Pat Gogerty.

Regards,
Irwin
http://members.aol.com/midimusic

Ron Keeper O'Dell

Jan 12, 2001, 3:58:36 PM1/12/01
issch...@aol.com (Irwin Schwartz) wrote:

>I got the following e-mail, but couldn't supply an answer. Perhaps one of you
>can.
><< I worked with Patrick during his days at Greene Bottle Records. Sad to hear
>he died. Has Patrick ever been recorded? I think he worked as a sideman on a
>lot of George Segal's gigs but that must have been a long time ago and kind of
>light stuff.
>Mike Kramer, yis...@mediaone.net >>
>I'm sure Mike would appreciate any info you can give him.

I don't know about any professional recordings, but I'm pretty sure I've heard
Mike Schmitz play festival recordings of Patrick Gogerty on his KAZU radio
show. It's been a while though...

--
Ron O'Dell -- kee...@cruzio.com -- Founder, rec.music.ragtime -- ICQ 2159831
http://www2.cruzio.com/~keeper/toons.html - Animaniacs, P&TB, F!, etc. files

touch tone tommy

Jan 12, 2001, 9:21:35 PM1/12/01
"American Beauty - Rags of Class - The Classical Rags of Joesph F.
Lamb", as performed by Patrick Gogerty

Issued by Sound Current Records, Los Angeles in March of 1976.

I got my copy (well played by now) at a meeting of the "Maple Leaf
Club" probably around '82

BettyLynch

Jan 13, 2001, 5:06:44 PM1/13/01
Yes, it was a shame to lose Pat several years ago. We have four of his
recordings, all cassette tapes, bought directly from him at the Variety Arts in
downtown LA (Maple Leaf Club), and at the Old Town Theater in El Segundo, CA.
The aforementioned American Beauty was numbered 01 and was recorded in 1992.
The tape numbered 02 is titled "Ragtime Treasures", subtitle "More Classic Rags
by Joseph F. Lamb" and is copyrighted 1992. A Sound Currents Records
Production, 1342 S. Palm C anyon Drive, Suite 200, Palm Springs, CA 92264.
We don't have 03, if there ever was one.
"In Dahomey", with the Cholla Chorale and the Ocatillo Orchestra is numnbered
04 and copyright 1994. A Sound Current Records Production, 138 Laguna Drive,
Palm Springs, CA 92264. This is a production of the 1903 Bert Williams &
George Walker Broadway hit, and Pat was the musical director.
An unnumbered and undated tape is "Patrick Gogerty Plays The Complete Piano
Rags of Gershwin, Gogerty, Matthews, and Woods", A Sound Current Production,
7553 Irvine Ave., North Hollywood, Calif, 91605.
We suspect none of these are available, and the company and the addresses are
Pat's offices or residences.

Gene & Betty Lynch
Redondo Beach, CA

deedee...@basicisp.net

Apr 26, 2013, 4:25:50 AM4/26/13

deedee...@basicisp.net

Apr 26, 2013, 4:37:55 AM4/26/13
On Friday, December 29, 2000 2:21:55 PM UTC-8, Irwin Schwartz wrote:
hello to you,
I was trying to find Pat on the internet and ran across all these posts. Not sure where to start. Pat played with my father, Rex Schull, banjo player. My father was in many dixie land bands in southern california. Played with many great ones including, George Segal, Conrad Janis, Beverly Hills Unlisted Jazz Band. Pat was a wonderful piano player. He amazed my father with his talent. I am so sorry about his death. He helped me so much when I was able to sing along with him and my Father. They both will be missed.

Diane Schull